Reactions from the "general public"

I live in NY and I was really pissed. I saw "V for Vendetta" (great film) Friday night at a 8:20pm showing and no X3 trailer. I almost wanted to walk out the theater. They showed "Superman Returns", "Take the Lead", "Poseidon", "Silent Hill" .

I spoke to the manager of the theater, he indicated that it is attached to copies of "V" but not all of them. Subsequent showings after the show I saw had it attached. I guess they were going for the late night larger crowd group.

i saw V for Vendetta. i was more excited about seeing the x3 trailer though, and what i got... the X3 TEASER!!!!

lol fast and furious doesnt explain it at all! i was with my friends and it's the only chance we're gonna have to see the trailer together, because there are pretty much no movies we're going to watch until may 26th. i really wanted to see their reactions because i knew that none of them had seen it and were not expecting it. and they're all fans too.

i know it's not attached to all VFVs, but why the TEASER??? it's so weak now! actually, the trailers were all old. old poseidon, old superman, old x3, old MI:3, and then (as i've seen the movie called) "too gay too curious".

I remember getting the extended Comicon X2 trailer when i watced some movie, when the Trailer "proper" had already been released. I was pi$$ed. :down

josh8 said:
i saw V for Vendetta. i was more excited about seeing the x3 trailer though, and what i got... the X3 TEASER!!!!

ME TOO! :mad: I was actually just checking the boards to see if that happened to anyone else. I was bummed!

(not bummed to see anything X3, of course...but man, I was looking forward to seeing the new trailer on the big screen) :(

The also showed: Pirates of the Carribbean, Poseidon (which I must say I have no interest in seeing), An American Haunting, and Silent Hill.

Not much of a reaction to anything...but I had a feeling that most of our audience didn't realize "V" actually had a story and intelligent dialogue to go with the fight scenes when they bought their tickets, so whatever.

I saw V this afternoon and they did not show the X3 trailer.They did show Superman Returns though.Btw Fast and the Furious 3 looks like utter crap and I'm amazed that it was shown and not X3:mad:
V4V was very good.V kicked all kinds of arse!!! GO SEE IT!!!

Proteus-X312 said:
V4V was very good.V kicked all kinds of arse!!! GO SEE IT!!!

I agree. AWESOME movie! :)

I showed it to a couple more friends tonight. They loved it, and said they really can't wait until it comes out! :D

They pointed out Angel, Colossus and Juggernaut.

I showed it to my friends aswell, at first they look at me funny as though I'm crazy but then. Jaws dropped when they actually saw the trailer, and started getting a little excited but then a few minutes after they gave me that look again.
Embarassed__by_Majunka_aurore.gif

fruity said:
I showed it to my friends aswell, at first they look at me funny as though I'm crazy but then. Jaws dropped when they actually saw the trailer, and started getting a little excited but then a few minutes after they gave me that look again.
Embarassed__by_Majunka_aurore.gif
... so they thought that the trailer was ridiculous?

lordofthenerds said:
... so they thought that the trailer was ridiculous?

No, more like they thought my hyper reactions was.

I hate to ask, but is Vin Diesel in Fast and Furious 3. Please don't hate me. X-Men 3 will rule the day

I went to see V for Vendetta yesterday and the latest X3 trailer was shown during the previews . . . albeit, it was shown along with every other summer blockbuster that will be released in the coming months . . . Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, Mission: Impossible 3, The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, Poseidon, and Superman Returns. Although, things seemed to quiet down a bit once Mystique was shown at the beginning of the X3 trailer. X3 and Superman Returns definitely maintained the audience's attention the most, whereas Pirates and Mission Impossible seemed to do little.

TNC9852002 said:
What state did you see V in? What other previews were shown?

I'm starting to think that the SR teaser and the X3 trailer isn't really "attached" to V as originally thought...With "attached" meaning available on every print of V.

-TNC

I live in Sarasota, Florida and I went to Regal Cinemas Hollywood 20. The other previews that were shown were Silent Hill, The Sentinel, The Benchwarmers, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, A Scanner Darkly, Posiedon and perhaps a few others that have eluded my notice.

And yeah, I think the most likely predicament is that not all prints of the X3 trailer were attached to V and you were among the few and lucky if it was. I'm very fortunate to be among the lucky because normally it does not happen in my case.

Hmmm....I walked into another showing tonight and I caught only Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector, FF3:TD, A Scanner Darkly, Posiedon,...I'm not sure what was before Larry... :(

Posiedon seems to be a consistent movie among alot of the screenings so far... :mad:

-TNC

Mother ****er!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Can you tell I'm pi$$ed? I asked the "lady" at Paramount which showings of V had the teaser, which inexplicably caused her to snicker.

I'm sure all showings has it she says.

Um...can you maybe, check? :rolleyes:

Needless to say, i didn't get to see the trailer with V. Ive officially given up on seeing recent X-men trailers in theatres. :mad:

Of course i got every single blockbuster coming out this spring/summer. Superman teaser, which got no reaction whatsoever. DVC, which got a snicker from it's website address. Poseidon--someone mentioned that it was a sequel to Titanic. :D M:I 3, i think got the most buzz, which isn't really saying much. No reaction for POTC either.

The good thing is, I guess, is that as the release date gets closer, the odds of it popping up onto new releases becomes larger...

I mean, MI:3 has been popping up on almost every movie we have since King Kong, even on movies that have NO action in them whatsoever....

I wish X3 was getting the same treatment around here (the X3 teaser has popped up every once in a while), but I'm not totally sure why not..Oh well.. :(

-TNC

TNC9852002 said:
I mean, MI:3 has been popping up on almost every movie we have since King Kong, even on movies that have NO action in them whatsoever....

I wish X3 was getting the same treatment around here (the X3 teaser has popped up every once in a while), but I'm not totally sure why not..Oh well.. :(

-TNC

I'm sure it would get that type of publicity if that overrated/ego-trippin/hidin' in the closet-diva Tom Cruise was in X3--which thankfully he is not.

And i'm not referring to his star power for the heightened publicity of M:I3, i'm reffering to his influences on Hollywood (i.e. his threats to refuse to hype M:I3 if Comedy Central/Paramount replayed the Scientology episode of South Park last Wednesday)

Knowing him he'd probably turn the X-men into a one-man show the same way he bastardized the Mission: Impossible franchise...but that's another issue. :)

phoenixflight said:
I live in NY and I was really pissed. I saw "V for Vendetta" (great film) Friday night at a 8:20pm showing and no X3 trailer. I almost wanted to walk out the theater. They showed "Superman Returns", "Take the Lead", "Poseidon", "Silent Hill" .

I spoke to the manager of the theater, he indicated that it is attached to copies of "V" but not all of them. Subsequent showings after the show I saw had it attached. I guess they were going for the late night larger crowd group.
i went and saw v for vendetta yesterday but no X3 trailer!! me and ma mate were not happy lol we were really annoyed:mad: but we had the teaser though but wasn't the full teaser it was saying if you want to see x3 then don't buy a illegal copy go and see it in the cinema lol!

Hey xmenfan, what other previews did your theater have?

*LostSon88:

Yeah...I said that I wasn't totally sure why MI:3 has been on almost every movie that I've walked into...

I'm thinking that Paramount is looking to push the MI series back into the game...

Ever since the second movie, I guess people need more convincing for this next movie. On the other hand, X3 is almost a sure fire in its series with an even higher success record and quite possibly, the larger audience. Since Paramount's reputation with the MI movies went DOWN from the first movie to the second, while the the X-Men movie reputation went UP from the first movie to the second, that along with the closer release date, I think there may be something to why alot more theaters are carrying MI:3 along in their preview reels than X3...

Oh, and a little other interesting sidenote, I've found another closet X-Men freak at work today!...He finally came out and expressed to me how much he is waiting for X-Men 3...The thing I've noticed the MOST among my co-workers and their hype over X-Men has been the addition of Beast!...They love the blue, furry guy.. :up: The interesting thing also is that most of them have NOT seen the new trailer yet, so... :eek:

-TNC

erm.. slither lol like a horror movie which looks really crap :D MI3 erm... there was another like horror film as well but i forgotten the name of it!

TNC9852002 said:
Yeah...I said that I wasn't totally sure why MI:3 has been on almost every movie that I've walked into...

I'm thinking that Paramount is looking to push the MI series back into the game...

Ever since the second movie, I guess people need more convincing for this next movie.

Good luck with that. I mean me personally I feel like they totally got the concept of Mission Impossible wrong and turned it into a Tom Cruise vehicle. I grew up watching the series with my dad who's a BIG fan of the show and he doesn't like the films at all...Mission Impossible, like the X-Men is TEAM ORIENTED! That's where they misfired with me, for my dad? They totally lost him in the first film when they decided to make Jim Phelps (one of the primary good guys of the TV series) a villian.

TNC9852002 said:
On the other hand, X3 is almost a sure fire in its series with an even higher success record and quite possibly, the larger audience. Since Paramount's reputation with the MI movies went DOWN from the first movie to the second, while the the X-Men movie reputation went UP from the first movie to the second, that along with the closer release date, I think there may be something to why alot more theaters are carrying MI:3 along in their preview reels than X3...

You make a good point, they've got to convince people why M:I3 is worth watching...with X3, not so much, although it wouldn't hurt. :up:

TNC9852002 said:
Oh, and a little other interesting sidenote, I've found another closet X-Men freak at work today!...He finally came out and expressed to me how much he is waiting for X-Men 3...The thing I've noticed the MOST among my co-workers and their hype over X-Men has been the addition of Beast!...They love the blue, furry guy.. :up:

You're lucky, most of my classmates are still in the closet about it.

Its funny isn't it? I mean when you talk about it with em' in class they try to pretend like they "don't get it" or give you that look like you're "way too into it". Yet show them the trailer outside of class and they know all the characters names, plot, spoilers, etc. :o

Its like "dude, its okay...just come outta the closet!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"