Reactions from the "general public"

Mr Lex Luthor said:
Someone should hack into New York and start putting X3 trailer on thise bigass screens. :p

I saw the X2 trailer on the big screen in between innings at Yankee Stadium the week the movie came out. It could happen again...they're home that weekend. :up:

Halcohol said:
So... don't sell it. We're all entitled to our opinions.
Sure but there is a such thing as outlandish. A random guy not on the fox payroll selling a movie that could be bad in a random store, taking the time to load up all of the pcs with a trailer, when fox is a massive company that can do it themselves. Now i understand fans have euphoria and your entitled to your povs.. but thats blatantly beyond, from a casual perspective. This is kind of why i doubt were gonna get any real truth reviews for x3 when it arrives here.. many will be too excited to critique balanced. AICN is biased on the opposite end just the same imo, but here at least theres less expletives and more conversation.

Which is why I don't bother posting on AICN :p

I see no problem with being very devoted to your point of view, but problems arise when you start saying your opinion is that of 'everybody', or looking at only the negative/positive things we hear about production.

I think the great thing about the SHH boards is they give people a chance look at the information objectively, form their own opinions, and then debate with people of the opposite view. We don't have the long-term posters or mods popping into every thread and reminding us that they think the movie is doomed, therefore we should all believe it.

Sure there's a lot of passion from both sides of the fence, people that are optimistic and those that are pessimistic about X3. But it's because we're all fans.

I hold to the optimistic side because the people running the show seem to be just as hardcore fans as a lot of us, and respect for the source material will make a great film, no matter how rushed the production is. They'll find a way to make it happen :)

IMHO ;)

To add onto my previous post about my friend, he was told about Ratners quote about the runtime and he rapidly responded "lame". So its not all positive. The stuff folks are pessimistic about can blow this movie away despite the positive (trailers).

Theres another online acquaintance i know that hates x men but said the teaser was good, so fox is doing its job with PR.

danoyse said:
I saw the X2 trailer on the big screen in between innings at Yankee Stadium the week the movie came out. It could happen again...they're home that weekend. :up:
I sure hope so. It'd be a heck of an advertisement.

Has anyone seen V for Vendetta last night?
If so what was the audiences reactions to the trailer?

Proteus-X312 said:
Has anyone seen V for Vendetta last night?
If so what was the audiences reactions to the trailer?
The X3 trailer aren't attached to most of the VFV films, for what I've heard. :o

I was in PC World today and the X3 trailer came on the HDTv's. About 8 people stood round me and watched and Angel got the most reaction. Almost everyone said "Oooooh" when he unfurled his wings

wait.......the trailer was attached with V ....all i got was the same superman teaser!!.

ARGH!

xwolverine2 said:
wait.......the trailer was attached with V ....all i got was the same superman teaser!!.

ARGH!
Same here.:down Somebody lied to us. So what will the trailer play with?

xwolverine2 said:

ARGH!
That was a boring teaser. Anyway, anyone know when VFV is coming out in Australia?

Reposted from the "X3 trailer" thread --

Well, I saw V for Vendetta and to my utter astonishment the new X3 trailer was shown. The audience reaction was incredible; when they showed the image of Mystique the audience instantly knew it was an X-Men movie and everyone got very excited and watched intently throughout the entire thing. Many seemed very impressed and revved up. I'd say it recieved the most attention out of all of the trailers shown.

Also, on a side note, it was incredible to see it on the big screen. I didn't catch the teaser so seeing it in the theatre with an audience was fantastic. I really think the audience for X3 is going to be enormous and I cannot wait to sit in the theatre for it!

Did anybody else see the Fast and the Furious 3 trailer with V? If you thouhgt that Superman's trailer sucked, then you should see that.

Seen said:

Well, I saw V for Vendetta and to my utter astonishment the new X3 trailer was shown. The audience reaction was incredible; when they showed the image of Mystique the audience instantly knew it was an X-Men movie and everyone got very excited and watched intently throughout the entire thing. Many seemed very impressed and revved up. I'd say it recieved the most attention out of all of the trailers shown.

Also, on a side note, it was incredible to see it on the big screen. I didn't catch the teaser so seeing it in the theatre with an audience was fantastic. I really think the audience for X3 is going to be enormous and I cannot wait to sit in the theatre for it!
thats cool..:up: :)

dammit why didnt i get the trailer...

i had silent hill,supes, and others i cant remember if my life counted on it:(

Seen said:

Wow, that's great news to hear. :up: Positive buzz is a very good sign. ;)

Well, I went to go see V last night in the I-MAX thinking that they were go to show X3 trailer on the I-MAX,but to my disappointment they only showed the Superman trailer.So,I have a question,what movie was the X3 trailer suppose to out on?

I saw V last night too. It was awsome by the way.
I noticed some people talking about the X3 trailer before they showed Mystique. You can tell when people had already seen it.
The funny thing is, the person next to me was telling his friend who the characters were when they showed up on the screen, but when Iceman showed up the guy said it was Silver Surfer.:eek:
The trailer got a good reaction though. Even if they don't know the characters names. At least they are intorested.:O

TNC has explain the trailer situation in another thread I think, or it might have been here. I can't remember. The trailer is not attached to all copies of V4V. It's just like what it was like with King Kong

I was sort of shocked to not see at least the Superman Returns teaser with V. Since the movie was distributed by Warner Bros., whom also is distributing Returns, it was odd to see a competing movie showcased.

An afterthought: Do you think X3 might have the next Returns trailer attached? A very slim possibility, yes, but seeing how the X3 trailer was attached to V would it not make sense? Perhaps WB and FOX are doing some double-dealing behind the scenes...

Silver Surfer?!?

LOL If I found out that freakin Norrin Radd was played by some pasty-faced, curly haired kid, i'd...kill someone.

I keed. I keed. Okay maybe i'll kill a kitten. Fair? :D :p

Anyways, you guys should call the theatre ahead lest there'd be disappointed X-fans' faces. And no one wants that.

There were 3 trailers for my showing of V. The teaser for SR, another one which I forgot, and X3. There was a LOT of chatter for X3.

Not to mention the theater was littered with X3 promo stuff.

While at V for Vendetta, when the trailer played some people were into it. But a few people were talking when it was over and said that they think this one is going to be really over the top.

Seen said:
I was sort of shocked to not see at least the Superman Returns teaser with V. Since the movie was distributed by Warner Bros., whom also is distributing Returns, it was odd to see a competing movie showcased.

An afterthought: Do you think X3 might have the next Returns trailer attached? A very slim possibility, yes, but seeing how the X3 trailer was attached to V would it not make sense? Perhaps WB and FOX are doing some double-dealing behind the scenes...
Wasn't some of X3 filmed in a WB lot or vice versa?

Seen said:

What state did you see V in? What other previews were shown?

I'm starting to think that the SR teaser and the X3 trailer isn't really "attached" to V as originally thought...With "attached" meaning available on every print of V.

-TNC

lordofthenerds said:
Did anybody else see the Fast and the Furious 3 trailer with V? If you thouhgt that Superman's trailer sucked, then you should see that.

i had fast and furious with my viewing....not x-men tho :(
i was furious...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"