Batman Begins Real Life Batman

The Question said:
Okay, here's something people say all the time. It's Actually, I've figured out how that could work. First of all, Batman is not unnarmed. He just doesn't have any guns. It could work if he did it like this:

First, he wears body armor. The suit should pverall be very protective, bulletproof in vital areas, and have head, knee, elbow, and crotch protection. He uses a large, metal staff, and has a taser straped to his right hand (or whatever hand he tends tp punch with). He drops some flashbangs, and then atacks the thugs while they are disoriented. WIth the taser, he can deliver one punch knock outs, or at least make it so they're so stunned they really can't atack. And being hit by a big metal stick really hurts.
Sounds good. There are many ways he could take out a group of thugs. I made a long post (several posts back) about different kinds of equipment that is or could be available (to someone as rich as Wayne, that is), but I think I completely forgot about flashbangs. I can see him using tear gas and smoke grenades as well.

Beelze said:
Sounds good. There are many ways he could take out a group of thugs. I made a long post (several posts back) about different kinds of equipment that is or could be available (to someone as rich as Wayne, that is), but I think I completely forgot about flashbangs. I can see him using tear gas and smoke grenades as well.

No thug would have counter measures against that kind of stuff as well so it's within the realm of possibility

The Question said:
Okay, here's something people say all the time. It's not exactly true. Being a vigilante, itself, is not illegal. However, many of the things that vigilantes tend to do are illegal. As in, The Punisher is an illegal vigilante due to his use of excesive and lethal force. Batman is an illegal vigilante because he engages in breaking and entering when gathering evidence, and has been known to torture, abuse, and otherwise harras suspects when looking for information. But, it is possible to be a legal vigilante. It just wouldn't be especially effective.

Actually, I've figured out how that could work. First of all, Batman is not unnarmed. He just doesn't have any guns. It could work if he did it like this:

First, he wears body armor. The suit should pverall be very protective, bulletproof in vital areas, and have head, knee, elbow, and crotch protection. He uses a large, metal staff, and has a taser straped to his right hand (or whatever hand he tends tp punch with). He drops some flashbangs, and then atacks the thugs while they are disoriented. WIth the taser, he can deliver one punch knock outs, or at least make it so they're so stunned they really can't atack. And being hit by a big metal stick really hurts.
Well, as you said yourself, Batman as he is remains illegal anyway.

Fighting a bunch of thugs alone is not impossible, of course, just quite difficult. We can say nothing about Batman is necessarily impossible, just demands a pretty big alignment of stars to happen all at once.

ultimatefan said:
Well, as you said yourself, Batman as he is remains illegal anyway.

True.

ultimatefan said:
Fighting a bunch of thugs alone is not impossible, of course, just quite difficult. We can say nothing about Batman is necessarily impossible, just demands a pretty big alignment of stars to happen all at once.

Well, I'd say the method I posted is quite sound. I mean, flashbangs really disprient peoplle. And with a taser, you'd be able to take them out very quickly.

Well, he didn't waste ANY money on his training......although, he did in the comics.

I dunno......in the movie, the only thing he really PAID for was the cowl and ears, like 10,000 worth. And that's a long term deal.......he'll never have to worry about a cowl and ear shortage for a couple years.

Fueling the Tumbler, although I think I read it take regular gasoline....since it's NOT a turbine engine.....so no jet fuel.

I dunno........would he really spend that MUCH money? He "borrowed" a few expensive stuff from his company.....but there's no real money trail there.

The Question said:
Well, I'd say the method I posted is quite sound. I mean, flashbangs really disprient peoplle. And with a taser, you'd be able to take them out very quickly.

Fair enough.

ChrisBaleBatman said:
Well, he didn't waste ANY money on his training......although, he did in the comics.

I dunno......in the movie, the only thing he really PAID for was the cowl and ears, like 10,000 worth. And that's a long term deal.......he'll never have to worry about a cowl and ear shortage for a couple years.

Fueling the Tumbler, although I think I read it take regular gasoline....since it's NOT a turbine engine.....so no jet fuel.

I dunno........would he really spend that MUCH money? He "borrowed" a few expensive stuff from his company.....but there's no real money trail there.

Regarding the Tumbler. I do not think that it could work in a compact town like Gotham. Just think of the collateral damage.

I'm not sure if this has already been said but the most real life like of all 'superhero's' would have to be The Punisher......now that could be replicated...and even then he wouldn't last five minutes until he met someone a bit ruthless....but Batman?!

No chance.....he'd either get killed very quickly , arrested or exposed by the press....well in this country he would anyway.....

Britboy said:
I'm not sure if this has already been said but the most real life like of all 'superhero's' would have to be The Punisher......now that could be replicated...and even then he wouldn't last five minutes until he met someone a bit ruthless....but Batman?!

No chance.....he'd either get killed very quickly , arrested or exposed by the press....well in this country he would anyway.....

Oh yeah, over here in England he would be gone in minutes. Batman in the country side and the batmobile gets clamped for parking in a disabled spot. lol............................

Not really.....I mean, in terms of how crappy and grimmy Gotham is....there has to be some GREAT hiding spots for the Tumbler. Plus, it has a silent mode......so, it's not like it would be roaring through the entire city the whole time. Plus, who's to say he takes the Tumbler EVERY TIME. He could take an unmarked car sometimes....or maybe now he won't since he MIGHT be on terms with the GPD.

Britboy said:

Well, the Punisher doesn´t even qualify as a superhero IMO. He´s a sociopathic vigilante, plain and simple.

Britboy said:

Why? Cops don't get killed very quickly. Serial killers, working out of their basement most of the time, can go years without getting caught or being exposed by the press. All it takes is enough wits about you.

Yup.

Plus, Bruce has the resources to probably moniter the Police......plus, he has an inside man in Jim Gordon.....so, why would he get caught if he's got so much on his side?

A........(dum dum dummmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm) debate....(gasp!)

....as I said before

Just ask para upon his return,

ChrisBaleBatman said:
Yup.

Plus, Bruce has the resources to probably moniter the Police......plus, he has an inside man in Jim Gordon.....so, why would he get caught if he's got so much on his side?

Exactly. If crazy people working out of their basements, using household items, can kill people for years without getting caught, I don't see why a billionare with access to high tech military weapons would get caught on his first night out.

Makes sense to me.

Almost.....too much sense.......hmm......

I'm beginning to adopt certain attributes of the Question, now....no....not you ^...but THE Question. Im beginning to wonder if my 2 flavored Ice Cream does infact contain the said amount of flavors......

It happens. Still, I think a vigilante could work, billions or no. I mean, if a serial killer can use household items and work out of their basement, why not a vigilante? All it really takes is enough brains and enough common sense to pull it off. And enough books, of course. You need to read up on how to make a grappling gun from stuff you find in a junkyard. So, if you could do that, which I think you could, how could it be impossible to do if you had billions of dollars and a whole company at your disposal?

Plus, the communication devices he must have at his disposal. That frequency mic for example......that was ****ing awesome, so he should have some great police scanners.

Plus, there's Gordon........

That too. And really, if it's a corrupt enough city, one of the few honest cops might be willing to work with a vigilante to get things done.

Im starting to think a batman could exist more and more now but one thing you should member is dat (dont know where this is from but I quote)

"If there was a batman, why hide? what's the point in protecting people if they don't know your doing it?"
"I often wonder that myself....
but then I guess the answer is... I'm not doing it for them."

Why hide??

Because he's human......hiding is what would, and does, give him that awe that really scares people.

batadz said:
"If there was a batman, why hide? what's the point in protecting people if they don't know your doing it?"

Why would it matter if they knew he was protecting them or not? If he was protecting them that's all that would matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"