Rebecca Romijn confirms she is not part of Punisher 2

I figured as much. Where is the kid who said Tom Jane has said she is in the sequel?

Castle left her with money and moved because his being there put them in danger. He's on the prowl for others anways and part 2 will be in NY most likely. Her character would have no point in Punisher 2 except to be killed off by Jigsaw which would be kind of Cliche.

Advanced Dark said:
Castle left her with money and moved because his being there put them in danger. He's on the prowl for others anways and part 2 will be in NY most likely. Her character would have no point in Punisher 2 except to be killed off by Jigsaw which would be kind of Cliche.

...Are you going to tell me that earth's round next?

Damn so that means Joan isn't gonna be in the sequel at all? Or maybe have someon replace her? Stamos was great as Joan.

Joan, Bumpo, and Dave are not coming back for this sequel

Superman \S/ said:
Damn so that means Joan isn't gonna be in the sequel at all? Or maybe have someon replace her? Stamos was great as Joan.

Punisher has a mission and it's certainly not hanging out with lonely 35 year old single womean on welfare all day protecting them from abusive ex-boyfriends. Her role served a puporse in the first film as The Punisher's origin was underway but she's a memory now. No need for her at all. Punisher is not staying in Tampa and she's not going anywhere with him.

I really couldn't see her returning for a sequel. Her character was needed more for the first film then a sequel.

I wouldn't mind seeing her return later down the line. Like at some point Frank needs a fix-up and he looks up Joan.

I think we might see Punisher get deeper into his mission(s) in the sequel. As he does that he will encounter new characters and possibly meet someone like Joan or whoever else.

I read somewhere that in the sequel, there's supposed to be a female FBI agent after Castle, possibly Agent O'Brien. If I remember correctly, wasn't it sort of implied in the comics that Castle and O'Brien got together?

I remember that too. I think in the script review. The first film was missing the extra tension of the authorities looking for him. There was no sense of there being any pressure on him from cops, fbi, etc...

I thought it would be obvious Rebecca Romijn wasn't coming back for the sequel. After all, the first movie took place in Miami, the sequel is in NYC.

Punisher hooking up with O'brien? Doubt it. If he didn't hook up with someone as fine as Joan (Rebecca Romijn), I think it's safe to say sex is the last thing on Frank Castle's mind.

I heard in the original script the police were going to have a big part in the movie. But because of budget costs, it had to be taken out.

The first one took place in Tampa, not Miami. There was no hook up with O'Brien at all. That was meaningless sex. The Punisher really wants nothing to do with her. He told her to leave and to never come back. This is the Punisher were talking about here people, not James Bond.

The Punisher has had sexual encounters in the comics.

True, he has had sexual encounters. The only one I can think of was recently in the MAX line, it was sexual, but not emotional, it was kinda like....

HER: "Hey you wanna ****?"
HIM: "Fine."

There was also the thing with the female assassin, her name escapes me right now.

B.M.F. said:
True, he has had sexual encounters. The only one I can think of was recently in the MAX line, it was sexual, but not emotional, it was kinda like....

HER: "Hey you wanna ****?"
HIM: "Fine."

Well I think it would be an interesting angle to explore but I can live with or without. And he did it in some of the old comics too.

Advanced Dark said:
Punisher has a mission and it's certainly not hanging out with lonely 35 year old single womean on welfare all day protecting them from abusive ex-boyfriends. Her role served a puporse in the first film as The Punisher's origin was underway but she's a memory now. No need for her at all. Punisher is not staying in Tampa and she's not going anywhere with him.

I know her role stood as the Punishers origin story just maybe thought we could see more of her IMO. But seeing that its the sequel and Punisher has some what evolved in a sense that he could be tougher and very well alone. Not having Joan,Bumpo, and Spacker is a great way to go.

Since, Romijn won't be back. It gives a new chance for other character's to be in the film from the comics. Either character's from the MAX comics or Pre-MAX Punisher comics.

Superman \S/ said:
I know her role stood as the Punishers origin story just maybe thought we could see more of her IMO. But seeing that its the sequel and Punisher has some what evolved in a sense that he could be tougher and very well alone. Not having Joan,Bumpo, and Spacker is a great way to go.

The only way she would be in the film would be if Saint's son was Jigsaw. He kills everyone in the building. Castle learns about it and tracks him to NY.

I just want a bigger badder Punisher in the sequel with lots of blood. Not over the top but true to the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"