The Winter Soldier Release Date= April 4th, 2014

Awesome, a lot of folks were thinking this was going to the Fantastic 4 release. I kinda had a feeling it was going to be Cap.

Yeah, just solidifies F4 isn't coming home for a long while still. Hope to see sequel details soon.

Glad a sequel is finally confirmed.

Also it will be a sequel to Avengers meaning it's not going to be an all flashback sequel or whatever. It will be about Cap adjusting to the modern era.

Awesome news! Happy about the release date being confirmed, and it won't be a flashback film. I think a sequel set today is a much better idea. Why tell me a sequel story when I know Cap gets frozen later in WWII? The modern day route always made more sense.

If this movie opens big like an actual summer release we'll be seeing another month added to the summer movie season pretty soon after. The last two Fast and Furious movies already prove you can start a month earlier.

If this movie opens big like an actual summer release we'll be seeing another month added to the summer movie season pretty soon after. The last two Fast and Furious movies already prove you can start a month earlier.

Yep. Hunger Games too (March).

I'm incredibly happy to finally see Captain America 2 confirmed by Disney/Marvel themselves.

I just hope they pick a worthwhile director.

It's set in the present.
The Walt Disney Studios has announced a release date for Marvel Studios’ sequel to the blockbuster Captain America: The First Avenger on April 4, 2014. The second installment will pick-up where the highly anticipated Marvel’s The Avengers (May 4, 2012) leaves off, as Steve Rogers continues his affiliation with Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D and struggles to embrace his role in the modern world.

Nice. Then I wonder what the other movie is gonna be

Is April a good time to release a movie? Wouldn't they want to capitalize on the first week of May which is usually the start of the summer blockbuster season?

I think Fast Five & The Hunger Games sort of showed that April/March are viable months to release a movie. Hollywood seems to be changing their views on how to spread out their blockbusters.

Spring has been a bigger and bigger calendar destination for films that are worthy of Summer but the season is too crowded.

It's fair that The Lorax and The Hunger Games recently reminded Hollywood of this but the trend has been going on for awhile.
300, Horton Hears a Who, Clash of Titans, Alice in Wonderland, Ice Age films, Monsters vs Aliens and of course Fast & Furious are all examples of the last 3-4 yrs that have solidified the March/April Spring dates.

No reason at all that Captain America 2, if it's a well done movie(the caveat of any film), couldn't also do good money with an April date.

Cap 2 will also have the advantage of coming after Avengers, which is sure to raise Cap's BO potential. So, placing it in April, when studios put out less competition might be wise. Cap gets a month to play before the other big films come out. Nothing wrong with that, and it is not like it would hurt Cap's BO revenue. Many moneymakers have been released outside the Summer film season. No reason Cap can't make money.

I'm glad this will be a true sequel and not a flashback movie.

That would not have worked. Yeah we can have some flashbacks but now it is time to showcase Cap in the 21st century.

Maybe they'll set up some stuff for Cap to take over SHIELD at some point since they are sticking with that relationship.

Which begs the question: what Marvel movie gets the May 2014 slot now?

Hulk 2? Avengers 2? Doctor Strange? Ant Man? Black Panther?

Awesome news, nice to have a release date.

Now the big question is who'll be the villain.

seems weird but the Spider-man sequel is scheduled for May 5

Glad to see a sequel announced, I am personally hoping for a big improvement over the first movie which I found a bit pedestrian. I especially thought the villain was poor, which when you consider who was playing him, was very dissapointing to me. Hope we get a great movie, if we do, the release date wont matter a jot.

It's great that they've finally announced that a sequel is on the way. I can't to see what they'll come up with. :cap::cap::cap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"