"Remember Me?" Jamie Foxx Returns As Electro

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: No Way Home' started by Arachnerd, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Rick190293 Registered

His visual didn't bothered me, in fact, it looked very cool IMO. With a better material, he'd be great. Hope Watts can do it.

2. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

He looked like a generic budget CW villain and not recognisably Electro. He needs the green and yellow costume with lightning bolts and hopefully starfish mask.

3. Rick190293 Registered

Definitely. The green and yellow look is iconic, and judging by how great Mysterio looked, Marvel Studios can do it.

Dark Raven likes this.
  4. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

People thought Mysterio's classic look (especially the fishbowl) would look silly in live action but it looked cool, and not once did it look silly.

Rick190293 likes this.
  5. XtremelyBaneful xoxxxoooxo

you mean in ASM2? Yeah, I thought he looked cool, he looked like a human being mutated with electricity. But he should be comic book accurate too.

Dark Raven likes this.
  6. Rick190293 Registered

Yes. I wasn't bad, but comic book accuracy is always better (when done well).

7. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

I felt ASM2's Electro seemed like he could easily have been an invented villain for that movie. He was just in a hoodie with blue skin. Just because he had electrical powers didn't suddenly make him Electro. After all, Dr Doom in the Tim Story Fantastic Four movies had electrical powers which were rather similar. There was also some electrical villain in an episode of the Flash.

He needs his yellow and green costume to make him instantly recognisable and iconic. And change his personality too to make him more confident and not so nebbish.

The Infernal likes this.
  8. The Shape In the shadows

He looked exactly like Ultimate Spider-man's Electro from those comics in TASM2...

9. GuestStar2004 Registered

Really the look of him in TASM2 visually works best for a marketable main villain.while that image of him we have seen for FFH... i don't think that look would have stood out as a markable main villain in TASM2. it works as an assemble character. but not really a visual of a big bad.

Really people had different ideas of what Electro should look like back in 2014. the modern electro appearance seems to be more ordinary. but that wasn't always the case.

#59 GuestStar2004, Aug 24, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    CadeSkywalker28 likes this.
  10. samsnee Ok

I honestly think the fishbowl look is easier to pull off and make look practical than the lightning face mask.

If they try, the “mask” should just be electricity that forms the shape from the comics vs being actual physical material.

SpeterMan3 and CadeSkywalker28 like this.
  11. The Infernal Mky Mk

I don't think the jacket he's wearing looks bad, but it's not a costume by any means. Hopefully he changes into a costume at some point. I still hold fast that they should do a more faithful adaptation of the classic Electro look. It's outlandish, but then so is Spider-man's in some way, but it's iconic. I'm not bothered by how practical it is, more how they can adapt it to look reasonably good in live action.

I wouldn't turn my nose up if they wentbthe route of having arcs of of electrucity take the shape of the classic mask for whenever he powers up or for the occasional shot here and there in the film, just do long as they don't go with the scarred face look which has never looked good in the comics.

I still think with minor tweaks to the dimensions of the mask you could get something that resembles the classic and looks presentable in live action.

Dark Raven likes this.
  12. Asr Registered

The Spectacular Spider-Man animated series had a pretty good look that'd translate well to live-action. With the CG available now, his entire head can just basically be a ball of electricity.

[​IMG]

13. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Most of that could work, but I'd prefer he had the yellow lightning bolts on his costume instead of plain green, otherwise it looks like a rather bland green jumpsuit.

Venom 1988 and The Infernal like this.
  14. XtremelyBaneful xoxxxoooxo

key words when done well, yes. as others have said, Doc Ock's design was an upgrade from the comics. Lizard & Rhino can use a redesign, same with Electro. it wouldn't hurt.

Rick190293 likes this.
  15. Michael Frost Frozen Still

Well, one thing's for sure, they did exactly what I expected them to do with Electro's look and I'm here for it. The energy classic mask is a stroke of genius ever since Spectacular Spiderman did it :)

Venom 1988 and Arachnerd like this.
  16. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

I'm so glad he isn't wearing that stupid jacket for the whole movie. The comic accurate mask combined with the containment suit looks amazing.

Venom 1988 and antsman41 like this.
  17. HammerDown High Tide Or Low Tide

Looked pretty good. I thought the design and effects on him were good.
    They pulled of the golden star face effect pretty well too.

Venom 1988 and spiderman2 like this.
  18. mclay18 Registered

I'm just wondering if Garfield's Peter will acknowledge the new look.

19. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

20. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

This look is better than I was expecting. They made the classic look work. :cool:

21. GwensNeckBrace Registered

Okay this glow up is amazing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Venom 1988, antsman41 and Arachnerd like this.
  22. Toomes' Phone Registered

Electro getting the starfish mask was a pleasant surprise. Him getting it when he's charging for an attack is a nice touch too.

23. TheVileOne Registered

I will admit, I did think that was a nice visual touch and way to pay homage to his classic Steve Ditko design.

24. Toomes' Phone Registered

Getting Spidey PS4 vibes from the new look.

25. Spidey_62 You just don't get it!

They really did some wonders here for Electro visually compared to how he looked in ASM2.