No Way Home "Remember Me?" Jamie Foxx Returns As Electro

And it's easier to explain given that he just disintegrated into nothing. They can definitely retcon that death scene to his essence just being thrown across the multiverse.

cc84a81e138cfd120cecf422c7da16fa.gif

Doc Ock and Electro are easy to explain (they're also confirmed) it's Goblin that's kind of an obstacle.

Well, Goblin does have a healing factor. Something fans would point to after the first movie hopeful for a future return.

Well, Goblin does have a healing factor. Something fans would point to after the first movie hopeful for a future return.
We never really saw this healing factor in effect in the movie though. Nevermind the fact that his body was delivered to the Osborn mansion and he had a whole funeral.

We never really saw this healing factor in effect in the movie though. Nevermind the fact that his body was delivered to the Osborn mansion and he had a whole funeral.

It's not like any of those are great hurdles and haven't been dealt with in the comics already.

It's not like any of those are great hurdles and haven't been dealt with in the comics already.
true in the comics they were not hurdles, but nothing like that was fully established in the original trilogy. I'm thinking of it this way: if the rumors are true and Willem Dafoe's Green Goblin and Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man are returning, then No Way Home is also a sequel to Spider-Man 3. It would feel a bit too convenient if the new movie establishes something important about the old series that wasn't there in the first place.

true in the comics they were not hurdles, but nothing like that was fully established in the original trilogy. I'm thinking of it this way: if the rumors are true and Willem Dafoe's Green Goblin and Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man are returning, then No Way Home is also a sequel to Spider-Man 3. It would feel a bit too convenient if the new movie establishes something important about the old series that wasn't there in the first place.

I get that, but what I was getting at with my original point about fans making the healing factor argument ever since Spider-man 1 is that I think the audience will be more willing to accept a retroactive reveal like that.

I get that, but what I was getting at with my original point about fans making the healing factor argument ever since Spider-man 1 is that I think the audience will be more willing to accept a retroactive reveal like that.

that video is supposed to be timestamped at 4:17 in case it doesn't work
the premise of the video is different but the end result is kinda the same as what we're discussing. so what those guys are basically saying is that the idea of actively ignoring the death of the original Goblin is a disservice to the 2000s trilogy, since it impacted the overarching story. I tend to agree with that tbh, and the revelation of a healing factor that was never brought up before in the trilogy for any relevant reason is gonna feel too convenient and not organic enough of a reason to work in a forward moving story.

edit: posted in the wrong sub

that video is supposed to be timestamped at 4:17 in case it doesn't work
the premise of the video is different but the end result is kinda the same as what we're discussing. so what those guys are basically saying is that the idea of actively ignoring the death of the original Goblin is a disservice to the 2000s trilogy, since it impacted the overarching story. I tend to agree with that tbh, and the revelation of a healing factor that was never brought up before in the trilogy for any relevant reason is gonna feel too convenient and not organic enough of a reason to work in a forward moving story.

I'm not arguing for ignoring his death, that scenario is not the same and is nonsensical. All I'm arguing for is that Norman revives at some point post his last appearance in the first film and lays low while letting people think he's dead and returns later. His death still counts.

Fans have been wanting that for decades onscreen, I don't see how that's insulting to anyone or inorganic. Bringing back a character thought dead isn't exactly a new concept in movie sequels and at some point in the story you do have to introduce new information and it's not incredulous to the audience to suggest the Goblin serum had something to do with it.

I don't think he is meant to be wolverine.

No one is saying that, but Wolverine isn't by no means the only character to have some degree of healing abilities above the norm. Even Spider-man in the comics has been said to have a mild healing factor.

I'm not arguing for ignoring his death, that scenario is not the same and is nonsensical. All I'm arguing for is that Norman revives at some point post his last appearance in the first film and lays low while letting people think he's dead and returns later. His death still counts.

Fans have been wanting that for decades onscreen, I don't see how that's insulting to anyone or inorganic. Bringing back a character thought dead isn't exactly a new concept in movie sequels and at some point in the story you do have to introduce new information and it's not incredulous to the audience to suggest the Goblin serum had something to do with it.

No one is saying that, but Wolverine isn't by no means the only character to have some degree of healing abilities above the norm. Even Spider-man in the comics has been said to have a mild healing factor.
Okay, so maybe I misinterpreted your previous post. If you're suggesting that Norman Osborn was secretly alive, pretended to be dead all throughout the funeral and was in hiding, then yeah, I think that would be a good setup into his return for NWH

What's wrong with green with yellow lightning bolts?

I hope he's not as over the top as he was the last time.

And I would like to see Jamie Foxx in the MCU long term following this movie.
with Marvel at the helm I think there is that chance. Maybe his switch from blue to yellow was even Marvel Studios' own input.

I don't think any of these Villains are staying in the MCU past this movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"