• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Reserving the PS3?

spiderfan08

Sidekick
Joined
Apr 25, 2005
Messages
2,824
Reaction score
0
Points
31
after this 360 thing........are you going to reserve the PS3 or are you going to wait to see what happens first?

i am thinking i will try to reserve it. the system just looks and sounds better and better.
 
When does reserves start ?


Never got the 360 MS didnt have enough systems in so I cancelled my Pre Order after getting the call from Gamestop
 
According to a Corporate email, GameStop will begin taking reserves on the PS3 and Nintendo Revolution on February 1st. On the other hand, my District Manager is saying that he doesn't want us to do any before 3 weeks prior to launch. Either way, GameStop's system reserve policy has changed. You can put money down and get on the list, but no arrival guaruntees are going to be made (we learned our lesson from the 360).
 
Not yet, I will wait before picking one up. However I'll probably pre-order a Revolution unless something goes drastically wrong.
 
TheEvolutionist said:
According to a Corporate email, GameStop will begin taking reserves on the PS3 and Nintendo Revolution on February 1st. On the other hand, my District Manager is saying that he doesn't want us to do any before 3 weeks prior to launch. Either way, GameStop's system reserve policy has changed. You can put money down and get on the list, but no arrival guaruntees are going to be made (we learned our lesson from the 360).
So in other words, you're not taking reserves, just taking people's money?

My friend went to Gamestop and put 280 down on a 360. He was the first guy on the list. When he didn't reserve 4 controllers to keep the *****ebags happy, they didn't fulfill his reserve, and now they won't refund his money, because the punk kid behind the counter doesn't seem to understand a clear and simple contract.
 
Thats the most ****ed up thing I've ever heard.
 
Is it Batman? said:
So in other words, you're not taking reserves, just taking people's money?

My friend went to Gamestop and put 280 down on a 360. He was the first guy on the list. When he didn't reserve 4 controllers to keep the *****ebags happy, they didn't fulfill his reserve, and now they won't refund his money, because the punk kid behind the counter doesn't seem to understand a clear and simple contract.

that really sucks.
 
I'm going down there with him tomorrow. We're going to discuss it with the gamestop manager in detail. I have a feeling it will resolve itself.
 
i would never preorder a system, even more so after the whole xbox 360 thing.
 
I mean, honestly, how does Gamestop think they'll ACTUALLY sell reserves, when they just take your money until they decide to give you a system?! who would EVER do that?!

I now officially will never buy a system from a games store. Ever. I'll trade in my PS2 and XBOX towards the first game I buy for their respective successors.
 
Wait and let some of the other suckers buy a PS3 first.
 
Wow...I guess I didn't make myself clear. When you put the money down, you are not guarunteeing a date, but you are reserving that place in line, like a waiting list.

Now then, please do not stereotype or generalize a company with over 4,000 stores and at least 20,000 employees because of one experience. Most people that work for the company do care about the customers, and every store I know of was more than happy to give reserve money back for any reason (the number 4 guy on the list at my store pulled it on November 21st). Now then, if the situation doesn't get resolved, feel free to give me the store number and location, and I'll talk to the people I can.
 
...

Are you sure about that? Especially considering EVERYONE "altered" their order in the 360 launch based on how many accesories were purchased.

I have no problem stereotyping gamestop employees, because I've personally known quite a few. They generally break down into a couple of easy to quantify categories:

-Employees who don't care. They get their checks, they stand around, pretend to know what htey're doing and generally do nothing more than ring things up and open up locked cabinets.

-Employees who DO care, but are powerless to make a difference. Much smaller group, they do things by the book, usually out of some delusion of grandeur.

-Employees who hate the system and help you screw it over. Very rare, very useful. I once got about 5 copies of Halo 2 for a grand total of 40 dollars, because a loophole in EB's trade in promotion allowed me to buy ever 2.99 used game and trade it in for 10 dollars store credit.

-Managers. Just. Plain. Managers. They can't do anything more interesting with their lives so they're desk jockeys at a game store 50 hours a week. They are the scum of the Earth, and will screw you over to keep their numbers up. Disgusting people.
 
i guess i will just wait........man who knew getting a next gen system was so much work.
 
If the rumors are true that MGS4 will be a launch title then I will reserve it. If it they're false, I won't.

I will be pre-ordering a Revolution though
 
Called my gamestop & they said they WILL be reserving PS3 / Revoltion but have no idea when :down


Main reasons I am going to get the Revolution = new Smash Brothers & the amazing Backwards Compatibility & of course Zelda

Plus its supposed to be what only like 200 something bucks ?
 
TheGoonies said:
Called my gamestop & they said they WILL be reserving PS3 / Revoltion but have no idea when :down


Main reasons I am going to get the Revolution = new Smash Brothers & the amazing Backwards Compatibility & of course Zelda

Plus its supposed to be what only like 200 something bucks ?

yeah i also heard around $200.
 
Also, I have found unlike Sony/Microsoft systems, buying a first gen nintendo is ALWAYS a good idea. My gamecube is a first run, so it supports HD, unlike the new ones.
 
Well, I'm going to be pre-ordering a PS3 w/ every damn accesories I can find and then selling that bad boy on eBay. I might get 2......
 
gonna wait, it just in case if somethings wrong with the systems, same goes for xbox 360 (even though it came out, probably not going to get it until february or something).
 
Is it Batman said:
-Employees who hate the system and help you screw it over. Very rare, very useful. I once got about 5 copies of Halo 2 for a grand total of 40 dollars, because a loophole in EB's trade in promotion allowed me to buy ever 2.99 used game and trade it in for 10 dollars store credit.

You're talking to one of those employees. And btw, I talked to my manager (He's not just some ****ing "desk jockey") about this last night, and he told me to get the store number and location. Believe it or not, It's a big ****ing country out there, with a ****load of stores, and the fact that you think you can break it down into four categories, including just ONE for managers, shows me that you don't really pay attention to what's going on in those stores. I can think of the over 100 employees that I know personally, and tell you that out of them, yeah, a few of them suck, but the rest (read: most) are gamers JUST LIKE YOU AND I, who are only there to help other gamers out.

Now stop slandering an entire company and give me the info I need to help you (which I will), or I'm just gonna forget I ever heard about this.
 
I'm more than capable of helping myself, thank you. I already have the corporate number, store number, location, and the GM's name, all ready for emergency use.

That said: I will go down to the store with my friend, and ask again politely. Any refusal, and I will ask for the pertinent information (which I have) and immediately call corporate from inside the store. And see what they have to say about it.

In all likelyhood, the asshat will give me the money on the spot, once he realizes I'm fully prepared to call his corporate office and explain the situation while standing in front of him.
 
Is it Batman? said:
In all likelyhood, the asshat will give me the money on the spot, once he realizes I'm fully prepared to call his corporate office and explain the situation while standing in front of him.
A bit of advice. Bring your cell phone and make the call from there. They reserve the right to not allow you to use their phone. If they shoot down using their phone, pull out your own and demand their corporate number. That'll make em squirm. Believe me, I know, because this happened to me once (used to work for GameCrazy, but the guy who tried that was scamming us saying he reserved a 360 last christmas, and he wanted his 250 bucks he put towards it back. After every extensive search, and him "forgetting" his reciept of the "5 times he's put money down", it was clear he was a scammer. Smelled like cheese too).
 
Like I said, I already HAVE the corporate number, the store location, number, and the GM's name. ALL ready for use in that situatoin. And I plan on calling from my cell.

The reason I'm ASKING is to see if he cooperates, should he not, I get to tell corporate he refused to give me the phone number, which is doubly bad.
 
I think I may reserve one. Are there any extra costs involved in that? I've never reserved a system before.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"