Reserving the PS3?

Do you guys think that there's going to be the same demand for the PS3 as there is for the 360? If I sell one one eBay, is it going to fetch the same prices as the 360 is now?

I don't know why everyone who reserved a 360 was so surprised about the shortages on launch day. Personally, I was expecting that very situation to occcur. If anyone can recall, when stores started taking reservation for 360's, way back in april of last year, they only did so for about a week initially. That's when I put money down for my system. After this week, a story ran in most gaming magazines, and on ign and gamespot, about supply shortages with the processors for the 360. When this story ran, I spoke to the manager at my local gamestop. He told me that the company had officially stopped taking reservations because they were now unsure of how many units they would recieve on launch day.

Fast forward to a coule of weeks before launch day

Knowing that launch day was coming up, I spoke to the store manager again, and I asked him where exactly I was on the list, or more specifically, whether or not I would be getting one on launch day. He assured me that I would indeed be getting a 360 in the first shipment, because I was one of the first to reserve one.

Reserving something that one already knows will be in short supply, or high demand, which ever the case might be, just makes sense. Simple and plain.

As for the guy who was told that he had to buy 4 controllers before his reservation would be honored, tough break man, and you might have the basis for a law suit for breach of contract, as well as for price gauging.

PS3 has no games (in the launch window) that I am interested in. I will be picking it up once some good games hit (This could change after E3 though... there might be some nice announcements on launch titles).

I will pick up the REVOLUTION at launch though... If Mario makes it in.

I am definitely picking up a Revolution on Launch Day. But like Mentok said right now there is nothing interesting for PS3's Launch Day. Nintendo on the other hand has alot going for it

I'm only reserving the Revolution. I'll get PS3 once the price dropsor Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out, whichever is first.

Revolution needs an 'Arrested Development' game :(

The PS3 would have to release a pretty impressive Crash Bandicoot game to get me to reserve, and I don't even care for the character all that much.

I might reserve my PS3. It would be for my Christmas though. What are the launch titles?

hippie_hunter said:
If the rumors are true that MGS4 will be a launch title then I will reserve it. If it they're false, I won't.

I will be pre-ordering a Revolution though
Somehow, I doubt you will NEED to pre-order a Revo :o

But I got my 360 first day alright, but not without some dirty tactics by the game store....they made you buy THREE launch games before ensuring you got the box, which was a dirty, dirty tactic. The thing is I was planning on buying games anyway, so I'm not sure why they felt the need to do that.

Mentok said:

That's genius.

Including a 'help Tobias out of the closet' mini game, where you have to fumble around in the dark to find the closet nob so you can open the door and step right out.

Ouch. Thinking of AD's cancellation makes my heart hurt :(

Horrorfan said:
Somehow, I doubt you will NEED to pre-order a Revo :o

But I got my 360 first day alright, but not without some dirty tactics by the game store....they made you buy THREE launch games before ensuring you got the box, which was a dirty, dirty tactic. The thing is I was planning on buying games anyway, so I'm not sure why they felt the need to do that.
That's only because MS and Sony are the corporate machine transforming the gaming community into mindless drones. "Buy our stuff and you'll be cool".

And perhaps they wanted to pawn off some games they weren't sure would sell.

KingOfDreams said:
I think I may reserve one. Are there any extra costs involved in that? I've never reserved a system before.

I've never reserved a system at Gamestop, but I doubt there is any extra cost. All the games and systems I have ever reserved required me to place at least 10 dollars down on the system and then your name is on the list. When you go to get the system, the 10 dollars is credited towards the system. If you wanted, some places will even let you pay the entire price in reserve, and then you just go and pick it up. But if you lose the reciept for the store credit, you might get screwed.

If I were you, and you are thnking of getting a system on launch day, then I would reserve it. It doesn't mean you might get one (if they have shortages of the system like the 360 did) but it could help, and you will almost definately not be able to get one if you don't reserve it.

terry78 said:
That's only because MS and Sony are the corporate machine transforming the gaming community into mindless drones. "Buy our stuff and you'll be cool".

And perhaps they wanted to pawn off some games they weren't sure would sell.
Yeah that's it. We didnt buy PS and XB because people got bored of childish graphics and characters and wanted something more mature, it's because Sony and MS told us to buy it. Yeah, it all makes sense now.I'll go and get excited for Super Smash Princess 2: Finding Mario on the Trail of Yoshi Kart Soccer Slam now.

Mentok said:
What Arrested Development needs is a network that stands behind them.

Horrorfan said:
Yeah that's it. We didnt buy PS and XB because people got bored of childish graphics and characters and wanted something more mature, it's because Sony and MS told us to buy it. Yeah, it all makes sense now.I'll go and get excited for Super Smash Princess 2: Finding Mario on the Trail of Yoshi Kart Soccer Slam now.

You do know he was kidding?

Mgs4 looks like the game that will sell the system for me.

I enjoyed 3 more than 2. 1 was probably the best IMO.

I would reserve depending on the official retail price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"