Resistance 3

THE LIZARD#1

Sidekick
Reaction score
RESISTANCE 3

As many of you know, Resistance 3 doesn't come out until next fall. Because of this set back, I plan on updating this thread next year with information pertaining to Resistance 3 when Insomniac Games officially announces it. Until then however, this thread will have a beneficial purpose. I know many users on here have now become fans of the Resistance franchise. So I'll be using this thread for the time being to get feedback from you guys on what the community would like to see in the next Resistance game, and also give me feedback on a concept I’m coming up with.​

Recently, over at beta.myresistance.net, there have been a lot of Resistance 3 threads. Some are what fans want from the next installment; others are fan predictions on where Insomniac Games will choose to take the story. I'm currently enjoying the summer before I go off to College and have some free time on my hands.​

I'm a huge fan of the franchise, as many already know. :o This Fall I plan on taking courses to learn the tools of the trade for game design. I have four projects I'm currently working on for my portfolio. Three of them are original IP's created from my own imagination. However I know not everything I do in the field will be from my head, but an expansion of what others have already established. My goal is to one day work for Insomniac Games, I felt like it was necessary to tackle the challenge of expanding off of a franchise already established.​

Located below is my Resistance 3 concept. I look forward to comparing and contrasting it with the retail game possibly coming out next fall. If you have any criticism, good or bad, please do not hesitate to share it. I look forward to reading your reactions.​

*also please post things you wish for Insomniac Games to do for the future installment*

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

RESISTANCE 3
a RESISTANCE61513 Concept

Level Guide

First level- Baton Rouge Protection Camp

Second level-Desert of Nevada

Third level- Underground SRPA Base, Nevada

Fourth level- Chimera ship

Fifth level- British Commando

Sixth level- Europe perimeter

Seventh level- Russia infiltration

Eighth level- Siberian Forest

Ninth level- Breeding Camp

Tenth level- Moscow City

Eleventh level- Secret Russian base

Twelfth level- Engineering level

*More levels to be announced*

New Chimera species

Skin-walker
Prodder
Breeder
Prowler

*More species to be announced*

Cut Scenes

OMEN

Black

Nathan Hale
“This is just the beginning.”

Flash of the events to unfold from Resistance 3 and some that will not be shown in the game.

Open To: Mexico Desert

Capelli stumbles back as if given a surge of electricity. He watches as Hale approaches. Capelli stands his ground.

Capelli
“Forgive me sir. It was an honor.”

Capelli pulls the trigger of his HE .44 magnum.

Cut to: Back of Hales head

The bullet penetrates Hales head. Upon exit, blood and brain matter geyser from the exit wound.

BLACK

Dolly Back: Capelli’s eye

Capelli firmly holds the HE .44 magnum. He holds it at eye level, taking aim. Behind the brown eyes are calculations, the consequence of the action.

Cut to: HE .44 Magnum trigger

Capelli’s finger slowly leaves the trigger allowing it to return to normal state.

EXT. Shot: Capelli

Capelli exasperates from frustration. The HE .44 magnum is lowered to his hip.

Cut to: Converted Hales orange eye

Capelli can be seen in the reflection. He lowers the pistol and curses silently to himself, reprimanding himself as weak for not being able to go through with it.

EXT. shot: Converted Hale

Converted Hale merely takes in Capelli’s reaction.

Close up: Capelli

Capelli looks at Hale with accusing eyes.

Capelli
“Come on. The Baton Rouge protection camp has a medical staff. If we get you there, we may be able to figure out what the hell just happened to you.”

Capelli holsters the HE .44 magnum on his right side and walks past Hale. Hale stands for a moment watching Corporal Capelli. He then follows.

ANALYSIS

Establishing Shot: Baton Rouge Protection Camp

Pan down: Protection Camp entrance

A black army boot slams the hard concrete.

Cut to: Capelli and Hale

Capelli and Hale admire the large 20 foot concrete wall blocking their path. They advance towards the large metal door.

Cut to: Metal door

A slot in the door opens to reveal a pair of human eyes. The eyes meet Capelli and Hale.

Guard
“Stay right there…do not advance any further.”

Capelli and Hale both freeze at the same time. They look at one another questioning the next move.

Guard
“State your name and serial number.”

Capelli leans forward.

Capelli
“Corporal Capelli, serial number 49234.”

Hale advances a few steps before leaning.

Hale
“Lieutenant Hale, serial number 849324.”

The guard’s excitement can be heard from the other side of the metal door.

Guard
“Open the door! I think we finally got that supply truck!”

The metal door opens and the soldier steps out.

Close Up: Guard

His face full of hope vanishes and is replaced with dread. He looks at Capelli.

Guard
“Where is the supply truck?”

Capelli smirks.

Capelli
“There is none.”

The guard looks confused.

Guard
“What are a couple of Sentinels doing out...?”

Guard looks from Capelli to Hale.

Guard
“My god Lieutenant, what happened to you?!”

Capelli steps forward, intervening before Hale can respond.

Capelli
“That’s why we’re here. Lieutenant Hale needs medical attention.”

The guard continues to look at Hale uneasily.

Guard
“Alright, but first I’m going to ask if you would hand over your weapons.”

Capelli looks at the guard with accusing eyes. Hale puts a reassuring hand on Capelli’s chest, signaling to back off.

Guard
“Sorry Corporal standard procedures, no weapons allowed in the protection camp.”

Hales nods his head.

Hale
“Understood.”

Hale hands over his Bullseye and Capelli un-holsters the HE .44 magnum and hands it to the guard. The guard gives a slight nod for thanks.

Guard
“Follow me.”

Cut to: Hales orange converted eye

Reflected in Hales eye is the guard turning towards the protection camp. A white circle is seen at the top corner where light is being reflecting. Hale moves forward and the circle moves to the center.

WHITE

First level- Baton Rouge Protection Camp

Fade In from White:

Key Details-

Environment

The Baton Rouge Protection Camp is filled with emaciated men, women and children. The result of not seeing a supply truck in weeks, their movements are slow and sluggish. They will take notice of Hale and his condition.
Guard towers can be seen on the perimeter of the protection camp. Only certified soldiers wield weapons. On either side of the long dirt road are small, one story buildings, built out of scrap and raw materials.

Mo-Cap Moments

Fade In From White:

Before the guard walks down the long dirt road, a soldier is at his side. He turns to face the soldier and hands over Hales Bullseye and Capelli’s HE .44 Magnum.

Guard
“Get these weapons to the armory.”

The soldier salutes the guard and takes off with the weapons Hale and Capelli had on them. He walks down the dirt road and enters the armory, located on the right side of the dirt road. The guard turns around to face Hale and Capelli.

Guard
“Right this way.”

The player will follow the guard and Capelli down the dirt road. Capelli leans in to whisper to the player.

Capelli
“It doesn’t feel right being unarmed. These bastards can strike at any time and thanks to standard procedures we’re ****ing sitting ducks.”

Capelli returns front and center as he walks and addresses the guard.

Capelli
“What is the status on red activity around here?”

The guard continues to walk down the dirt road while answering Capelli’s question.

Guard
“Surprisingly there really isn’t any activity…nothing threatening at least. A couple ships fly over head every now and then, patrol groups here and there, they know of this camp (laughs) how could you miss it? They just leave us alone.”

Capelli looks at the player with eyes of disbelief. He shows disgust towards the statement.

Capelli
“That’s not like the reds. The Chimera could easily add three million to their army and you’re telling me they’re leaving that opportunity alone? I don’t like this.”

The guard leads the player and Capelli to the second to last building on the left side of the road. He turns around to face Capelli.

Guard
“Well they’re leaving this place alone. They’ve had plenty of chances to strike but haven’t. I guess the Chimera have something more important to attend to?”

Capelli smirks at the statement. The guard gestures towards the building.

Guard
“This is our medical building.”

Capelli looks up at the building.

Capelli
“Doesn’t look like much.”

Guard begins to walk up the steps.

Guard
“It serves its purpose.”

In-game First Person Cinematic

Hale and Capelli enter the medical building. Located inside are a number of sheets hanging from clothing lines. They separate a number of different rooms. There are red crosses painted in no particular pattern through out the building. The guard stops in the entrance. Hale and Capelli halt behind him.

Guard
“Doctor Cole.”

Hearing his name called a doctor emerges from one of the rooms. He can be seen cleaning off his hands.

Doctor Cole
“Yes?”

The guard turns around and gestures towards Hale and Capelli.

Guard
“We have a Sentinel who needs medical attention.”

The doctor’s face is full of astonishment. He walks over to Hale.

Doctor Cole
“How can I be of service?”

The doctor gets in Hales face examining the effects of the virus.

Doctor Cole
“My god.”

Capelli steps forward and answers the question.

Capelli
“Lieutenant Hale has not had inhibitor treatment for almost six hours. Its urgent we find out just how far the Chimera virus progressed within him.”

The doctor looks away from Hale to Capelli; the doctor’s face is full of disappointment.

Doctor Cole
“My studies were never on the Chimera virus.”

Capelli curses to himself. He then looks from the Doctor to Hale and then back to the Doctor.

Capelli
“Is there anyone here in your medical staff who may have studied the effects of the virus?”
The doctor shakes his head.

Doctor Cole
“Our medical studies were to only provide care for the civilians taking refuge in this protection camp. No one here has any knowledge pertaining to the Chimera virus.”

Capelli
“Can you think of someone who has studied the effects of the Chimeran virus?”

Doctor Cole is lost in thought. He searches for a name of a doctor who could help them. His eyes light up when he comes to a name. He begins to answer Capelli’s question when all of a sudden a large earthquake occurs. The doctor loses the thought and looks around the building.

Doctor Cole
“What the hell was that?”

Another tremor occurs. The after shock causes Doctor Cole, the guard, Capelli and Hale to fall on the floor. The guard gets to his feet and runs to the window to look outside. Hale turns his head to look at the guard. Red Bullseye bullets can be seen cutting through the air outside. Screams of men, women, and children can be heard.

Guard
“The Chimera, they’re launching an attack!”

Capelli gets to his feet.

Capelli
“We’re sitting ducks!”

The guard turns around and runs back to the group.

Guard
“We have to get to the armory!”

Capelli
“With the way things are outside we don’t stand a chance!”

The guard runs to the center of the room.

Guard
“When the Protection Camp was constructed a nexus of underground tunnels were built, connecting each building to one another for this very purpose.”

The guard crouches and opens a secret compartment located on the floor. Capelli and Hale run over to the secret door.
Player resumes control

The player drops down into the underground tunnel. The tunnels are just high enough to stand in. Along the walls are lights hanging from cords mounted into the wall. They light the way of each individual path the player can take. The guard takes point.

Guard
“The armory is this way!”

The player will follow behind the guard and Capelli. Over head the battle outside can be heard. The screams of dying men, women, and children can be heard. The route will take the player a couple of yards ahead. The guard will then make a hard left and the player will follow down the dimly lit path.

Capelli
“Come on Hale keep up!”

The path will then take the guard, Capelli and Hale out under the street. Grates cover the top of the tunnels allowing more light to pour into the tunnel. The player will be able to look up through the grates to see the carnage going on outside. Soldiers are running frantically shooting M5A2 Carbines, trying to protect the civilians. They fail miserably. Innocent civilians fall on their knees begging for their lives through the tears. The Chimera executes the weak civilians straight away. Their inhuman battle cries are carried through the war torn air.

Guard
“Damn it!”

The player looks back to see Capelli and the guard have advanced further down the tunnel. They run to catch up. When they arrive they can turn their attention to their left. The tunnel is filled with dirt and debris.

Guard
“We’re going to have to make a detour through the barracks! Follow me!”

The guard turns away from the left tunnel and continues to advance down the present tunnel. The player will follow for a couple more yards. The grate is then replaced with the floor boards of the living barracks located above. The tunnel leads into the basement under the building. The player can look through the floor boards to see into the living barracks.

BOOM

The front door upstairs is hit off of its hinges. A Chimera hybrid enters the barracks. Screams of the civilians taking refuge in the barracks can be heard. The sound of a Bullseye firing muffles the screams. The Chimera hybrid roars with satisfaction. Capelli shakes his head.

Capelli
“****ing animals.”

The guard nods his head in agreement. He then turns to face the tunnel located at the left side of the room.

Guard
“There is nothing we can do for them. Lets keep moving.”

Capelli moves and continues to follow the guard to the armory. The player will enter the tunnel entrance on the left side of the basement. They will continue to advance down a poorly lit tunnel. At the end they will reach another basement. The guard runs to the center of the room and is about to life the secret door.

In-game First Person Cut scene

Hale
“Wait!”

The guard stops in his tracks from lifting the floor boards and looks at Hale.

Guard
“What?”

Hale walks past Capelli and looks around at the floor boards above. The other side is not visible. Hale looks at the guard.

Hale
“If Hybrids are up there and see you poke your head out, they won’t hesitate to fire. Let me go first.”

The guard nods his head and steps out of the way. Hale pushes the floor board up slowly and peers around the room. Empty. Hale begins to lift himself up out of the tunnel.

Scripted Moment

A burst of red Bullseye bullets come shooting through the wooden walls.

Hale reacts by lowering himself. When he realizes it was just wild fire he reattempts to lift himself out of the tunnel.

Player resumes control

Can't wait for this franchise to continue, and I'm sure you'll be here first to keep us all updated on the developments :up:

Can't wait for this franchise to continue, and I'm sure you'll be here first to keep us all updated on the developments :up:

I agree! I'm pretty excited to see where they take the story. I just hope Insomniac Games kind of resort back to Fall of Man more than R2. I thought in R2, the game started losing it originality just a bit. They also changed a lot that didn't make it as aesthetically pleasing.

BatMatt-We have to rage up a couple games of Resistance for old time sake. :D My Playstation 3 got the Yellow Light of Death though. :( So it may be a couple of days.

Anyways I’ll gladly keep you guys informed. If Insomniac Games passes anything onto me in the future...I’ll be sure to post. :)

I wonder if were gonna play as capelli next time, it seems hale's time in the series is done

I wonder if were gonna play as capelli next time, it seems hale's time in the series is done

To be honest I'm indifferent about where they go. In my Resistance 3 concept I simply state it was Hale having a premonition that Capelli was going to kill him.

However if Capelli does in fact kill Nathan Hale I wouldn't mind playing as Capelli. I think Capelli offers some interesting aspects to the franchise.

Capelli is disrespectful and doesn't take to authority. I think it would be cool to get orders from command or someone high up in the chain of command, only to have Capelli say "F**k you." and do whatever he wants.

Also I think Insomniac Games could make an interesting story about the Chimera wanting to get Hales body. The human race could study Hales body and see how to make superior Sentinels than what they originally have.

It could make a very interesting plot line. The player could then discover that the Chimera don’t want the humans to make better Sentinels for fear it would threaten their existence.

This will lead to the discovery that the Chimera are not the bad guys but simply misunderstood. I get the feeling the Chimera are protecting us from the horrors that await when this other race comes to Earth.

I hope we do get to play as Capelli it would be intresting how the story for Resistance 3 would go.

I hope we do get to play as Capelli it would be intresting how the story for Resistance 3 would go.

I would have to agree. Although I'm really fond of Nathan Hale, I like the character that Insomniac Games developed. A lot of people are up in arms though saying they hate Capelli. To be honest I didn't have a problem with him. I actually liked the diverse character tone he offered the franchise than Hale.

Idky why everyones all up in arms about hale, honestly yea he was a pretty cool character but for me, I didn't really get emotionally attached to him as I have other main characters from games such as snake in the mgs series, hale didn't even talk and barely showed emotion in the first resistance game, so its not that hard to let him go as a character, meanwhile with capelli, all that emotion he evokes could make it easier to actually get attached and care about him

I would have to agree eternal, Insomniac Games didn't develop Hale all that well with Resistance: Fall of Man. I think everyone grew attached to him because of his mysterious behavior. He was interesting because of everything he had been through, and yet he didn't let it faze him.

He was a bad ass, a soldier who knew what had to be done and execute it by any means necessary. He didn't really show emotion about the Chimera virus progressing inside him. He just kept going because he knew what had to get done. I think it was his dedication to the war is what most found intriguing about him.

To get a better understanding of Hale you had to do a lot of research outside of the game. Insomniac Games gave character bios to magazines, go to www.projectabraham and watch what Hale went through, and read the Resistance novel The Gathering Storm.

I will admit though I have gotten attached to Capelli. I will be intrigued if Insomniac Games decides to use Capelli, but Hale is kind of the face you associate with the Resistance universe.

We'll just have to wait and see what they decide to do.

Wow I didn't know all that was released, thanks, but why build up the character outside of the games, everyone's not gonna read those things or even know they exist

I was really let down by 2, probably the most out of every game this gen. I was so pumped as I loved the first, I had the 2nd on pre-ordered months before it dropped. The Special Edition, and I was so let down, that after beating it and playing online for awhile (and I even had the beta) I was like I don't care what happens anymore.

They changed the formula that worked and it broke the game, I was really shocked because Insomniac makes great quality games and has a great track record.

I agree BatmanForNever, Resistance 2 in my opinion was a huge let down. The originality of the first game collided with the generic first person shooters on store shelfs. Thats why I've chose to make a Resistance 3 thread this early. If we can make a formula and perfect a certain concept with some wish lists, I'll try to pass it along to Insomniac Games.

No surprise. I think Insomniac confirmed a while ago that they would alternate between Resistance and Ratchet & Clank.

I thought both Resistance 1 and 2 were, at best, average. They definitely fell short of Killzone 2. Maybe 3rd times the charm tho.

I still need to play the first Resistance. Loved the second one

I have loved both Resistance games equally. and i really can not wait to find out what happens next in this series.

For me, 2 is easily better. The bright colours, and campaign that focused on fun instead of gimmicks made it for me, the PS3's 2nd best FPS after the mighty CoD4. Can't wait for 3.

Liz, you been to Insomniac yet?

I really got into 2's story more than 1. It seemed more fleshed out and it was visually superior as well. Can't wait to see what they have in store for R3.

A lot of people didn't like 2's campaign, which was a real shame. I thought it was totally awesome and the biggest alien thrill ride you were going to find this side of the 360.

My exact thoughts. I found it hard to find a place to stop playing at, because I was so engrossed with where the story was heading.

I liked 2 better myself. However I think 1 portrayed the feeling of humanity being over run better. Still tho, 2's ending stuck with me more, and I'll remember the hordes of Grimm's rushing at you, the huge Goliath's walking over you in the first level, the huge building sized boss fight, and the scene of the huge invasion force in the sky, much longer than anything that happened in 1. I liked 1, but I thought 2 was mostly an improvement.

I do admit tho that I overrated 2's multiplayer. Early on I said I thought it was better than COD4, but I'm not so sure now. I loved the co-op, but stopped playing R2 awhile back. Heck, I even played Warhawk again a few weeks ago.

As for the ending tying into 3, I hope they don't wuss out and make it a dream. It'd be a slap in the face IMO. To tease a main char death via a dream as the games ending would cheapen the build up 2 set up. I'd rather have a new main char before that. Or atleast Hale surviving via Chimera regen, and the bullet disrupting the Chimera control.

I loved both games and I'm sure R3 will be no different, it's a great series as is R&C!!!:awesome::up:

I bought Resistance on launch with my PS3 and it's still one of my favorite games for the console. Though, Resistance 2 was a huge let down. The first was so innovative, the second was so...bland. Anyway, here's hoping for another excellent Resistance, I sure as hell could use one.

I bought Resistance on launch with my PS3 and it's still one of my favorite games for the console. Though, Resistance 2 was a huge let down. The first was so innovative, the second was so...bland. Anyway, here's hoping for another excellent Resistance, I sure as hell could use one.

You're one of those people!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"