Resistance 3

Well you can but i tried playing the first resistance a few months back and i couldn't even last an hour... the game felt outdated for me R2 is more enjoyable though for me it's still a little bit easier to control.

Well as far as the storyline goes, yeah it probably wouldn't hurt to play 1 and 2. Yes the first game plays outdated, and that's because it was a PS3 launch game.

Well you can but i tried playing the first resistance a few months back and i couldn't even last an hour... the game felt outdated for me R2 is more enjoyable though for me it's still a little bit easier to control.

Well as far as the storyline goes, yeah it probably wouldn't hurt to play 1 and 2. Yes the first game plays outdated, and that's because it was a PS3 launch game.

thanks.

I'll keep that in mind......

they just released a R1 and R2 combo pack, didn't they?

I might pick that up......

Last edited by a moderator:
But R3 is much better than the last two hands down! the story, graphics, multiplayer have been definitely been brought up a notch. I believe it's the best in the series.

But R3 is much better than the last two hands down! the story, graphics, multiplayer have been definitely been brought up a notch. I believe it's the best in the series.

I'll probably pick up R3 around Black Friday or XMAS.....

that will give me time to play through R1 and R2.........:awesome:

thanks.

I'll keep that in mind......

they just released a R1 and R2 combo pack, didn't they?

I might pick that up......
Yep, $40 on Amazon. That's not too bad, but you could always go to Gamestop and pick up the two games, used, for probably around $30. Although you get about $10 worth of free content if you buy the new combo pack. As far as trophy support for the first game, in the bundle, I can't find anything about trophy support. So I'm not quite sure about that. Here's the article about the free DLC that you get with the bundle....

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/27/introducing-the-resistance-dual-pack/

Here's the link to Amazon to purchase the bundle, if you decide to go that route.

http://www.amazon.com/Resistance-Gr...N8E6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1315931526&sr=8-4

Last edited:
I just beat the game and i thought it was a truly wonderful game from start to finish. The Gameplay was really good the controls felt really nice and i love how Insominiac gives you the option to customize the controls. I thought that the Healthpack system would be a pain in the ass since i usually don't like games that have you go around collecting healthpacks but this game gives you plenty of them throughout the game. The Story was pretty good and very emotional with Joe leaving his family to go destroy the New York Tower. There was a section of this game where i felt was forced and unecessarry but it didn't bother me too much what did bother me was the last section of the game it felt way too rushed and has a happy abrupt ending the ending could have been done much more nicer. I haven't been able to play the multiplayer since the lag is too much for me to bear but when i played the beta i did find myself hating it at first but once i ranked up a little the game became addicting and more fun for me to play. I love how they added co-op into this game and a pvp mode as well. Overall i think Insomniac has done a wonderful job in making a beautiful game that grasps you into the story at the beginning of the game and leaves you satisfied at the end. My Review of this game: 9/10

I beat the game a few nights ago in 3D and with the Move Sharpshooter, it doesn't get much more immersive than that lol. The campaign was awesome and the story was good, but it's all about the weapons!!! The single, co-op, and multi are great 9.5/10, IG does it again!!!:awesome::up:

i really can't wait for the next Resistance game hopefully the Vita game can be just as good as the console versions

I cannot believe how brilliant this game's campaign is. I was seriously expecting the standard Resistance experience from it and I'm getting so much more. It's utterly fantastic.

I was just wondering if anyone knows if the person who voices Capelli is the same person who voiced him in R2?

So apparently there was a patch that was released this past Saturday. Can someone confirm if the lag issues and the matchmaking problems were resolved?

I got my Doomsday Edition in over the weekend, so I have an extra Online Pass code if someone needs it.

I got my Doomsday Edition in over the weekend, so I have an extra Online Pass code if someone needs it.
Yeah, if I didn't already have the game, I probably would have got it. That package is a really good deal, considering all it comes with. I didn't know about it until after I opened the game and used the online pass.

Yeah, I got the regular edition as a gift, but also won the Doomsday Edition from Sony. Hopefully someone here rented the game or got it through Gamefly. I'd hate to have an extra code just go to waste.

Yeah, I got the regular edition as a gift, but also won the Doomsday Edition from Sony. Hopefully someone here rented the game or got it through Gamefly. I'd hate to have an extra code just go to waste.

You could always sell the game that you got with the bundle. Sell it for $45 and be done with it. :woot:

So i played this game on Friday after i found out that Insomniac had released Patch 1.03 and the multiplayer still ran a bit laggy for me although it was a major improvement over 1.02 i just hope Insomniac can make it better before they release their first DLC

Okay so I finally got the game and the thing keeps freezing on me. I have to keep exiting and going back to the XMB and thats getting annoying. Anyone else have that issue?

Unfortunately my game is glitched beyond belief. Too many freezing issues and even after deleting and reinstalling the data. As soon as I get platinum, which I only have 2 trophies to get, I will be trading this in as its unplayable. The last few days, the primary way Ive had to play was to have someone host a game and invite me to join them bc the levels will not load up on my end.

I beat it last week and overall great games. The graphics have improved quite a bit since the last game. I do think I preferred R2 though. I preferred the health system in that game, Nathan's arc and the battles. There werent as many gigantic chimeras in R3 but the ones in R2 made for some amazing set peices. I loved that we got to fight humans. That was different and unexpected.

Unlike KZ3, the writing in this game was pretty solid and I think Insomniac told a story which made sense and was easy to follow. I think that was improved over R2 I felt like I was on a mission and not just thrown into different scenarios and made to fight. With that said, I couldnt get into Capelli bc he doesnt feel like the same character from R2. He's changed way to much and the transition is quite jarring. Its undestandable considering years have passed but its still a bit to take regardless. Has Insomniac released a prequel anywhere where we see some of his change?

I couldnt get into the multiplayer. I think I preferred that in R2. I dont know why but the graphics seem worse in multiplayer than in the single player campaign. Worse than even even the beta, which looked pretty good.

As far as future directions, I think it would be great if the next game in the series took place in modern times. Take things forward 50-60 years into the future and let us see how society has changed following the close of the wormhole. Id have the humans be able to contain the chimera and rebuild the world. Of course the game would open up with a new wormhole being opened or some caged chimera escaping and infecting new humans. The protagonist could even be Jack's son

Yeah that's what i think should happen for the next game take it to the future. And make it more modern.

Last edited:
yeah i kind of hoped that there would be more from Insomniac especially after r3 since that was the best from the trilogy

Here's a quick video from Ted Price.

[YT]EGnh9ze5KTQ[/YT]

I hope THE LIZARD#1 is taking the news ok. He is a big fan.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"