Resistance 2: Rise of Man

Fran

Banned User
Reaction score
http://www.psu.com/node/8428

We were talking to some of the people showing up at GDC, and this little interesting tidbit came across our desks. A middleware company informed us that Insomniac was working on a sequel to Resistance. They didn’t want to tell us anything beyond the name: “Rise of Man”. The folks that told us work with PS3 software, so you can be fairly confident that the sequel will be coming to the PS3 and not the PSP, but Insomniac has signaled their desire to put a Resistance themed game on the portable console.
So what to expect in the sequel? Hard to say. Be looking for the atmosphere and unique gameplay that defines Insomniac, and perhaps even a few new weapons. If we hear anything else, we’ll be sure to pass it on.

I like the title, although it doesn't sound too original :o

Hopefully it improves on more weapons, better gameplay and more interactive environments.

Um I think this is false.

I'm really good friends with Insomniac and they said it was way to early to present information on the game. Hell they said they haven't even confirmed nor denied making a sequel.

The only hint they dropped was that Fall of Man was a small arc in a bigger chapter. Thats it, I don't even think its going to be on portable consoles. This is just Sony talking stuff probable.

^

It's not to early to think of a sequel. Companies often have the sequel in mind before they've even finished work on the original. I'm willing to bet there are already a fair few ideas put in place for the sequel.

Well seeing as a few days ago some Insomiac guy said it was waaaaaaaaaay too early to even mention Resistance 2, I doubt the name'd come out a day or two later.

Persoanlly, dumb name imo... but that's only because it might hint at being the final Resistance game. :(

Well, we can call this the Resistance 2 thread, and it'll get renamed when a new title comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"