Rick Famuyiwa is Directing the Flash

I really hope Famuyiwa sticks with the Back To The Future concept. Not necessarily a beat for beat robbery, but a spiritual successor with unabashed nods to the classic.

If the Ezra's Barry takes off the same way as Fox's McFly I can see this being a classic in it's own right. The tone for that and a first Flash film perfectly overlap.

I really hope Famuyiwa sticks with the Back To The Future concept. Not necessarily a beat for beat robbery, but a spiritual successor with unabashed nods to the classic.

If the Ezra's Barry takes off the same way as Fox's McFly I can see this being a classic in it's own right. The tone for that and a first Flash film perfectly overlap.

They are doing Geoff John's revamped origin story where Eobard kills his mother. So they need to make big changes to make it completely different from the TV show. I would go for a younger Eobard, someone that looks similar to Ezra Miller but still scarier. Adam Driver would be perfect for that role. Plus I think that storyline allows for them to do an origin story effectively while sticking with the same time.

They are doing Geoff John's revamped origin story where Eobard kills his mother. So they need to make big changes to make it completely different from the TV show. I would go for a younger Eobard, someone that looks similar to Ezra Miller but still scarier. Adam Driver would be perfect for that role. Plus I think that storyline allows for them to do an origin story effectively while sticking with the same time.

Have you seen BTTF? It's basically about a highschool kid from the 80's going back in time and hooking his parents up.

Famuyiwa can weave elements of that in with John's origin story.

Instead of being a highschool student he's a forensics intern at CCPD. Instead of Doc Brown use Victor/Silas Stone. The time travel suit from BvS is the Delorean. Instead of traveling to the early 60's Barry will be going back to the early 90's. Instead of hooking his parents up he's saving his mom from murder and his pop from prison. The film really writes itself.

Then in the sequel they can get dark with Flashpoint/Knightmare just like how BTTF2 is the dark middle chapter.

Last edited:
Never thought i would see Back to the Future and Flash in the same sentence.

I feel like they shouldn't abuse time travel. They can easily mess up timeline. I can accept it as a last measure, where they can reset reality or something (Flashpoint in BvS, if it was that)...

I feel like they shouldn't abuse time travel. They can easily mess up timeline. I can accept it as a last measure, where they can reset reality or something (Flashpoint in BvS, if it was that)...

Which is why I prefer "Twelve Monkeys" approach, with fixed timeline. But DC's time travel doesn't work that way.

Knowing the VFX's that are on Scott Pilgrim, then Flash is going to be a very (not an intensional pun) flashy looking movie.

Anyone know if he spoke at all at the big panel?

He did
[YT]5BEIjustiI8[/YT]

Knowing the VFX's that are on Scott Pilgrim, then Flash is going to be a very (not an intensional pun) flashy looking movie.

Double Negative is definitely working on this film, as that supervisor is based there. They've done work on MOS and BvS and working on Justice League, so Famuyiwa is definitely keeping the VFX work consistent on his film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"