World RiD Scourge: Underrated?

Turtle-Man

Reaction score
Everyone wanted to see the evil Optimus Prime. When RiD began airing, I was really skeptical about the show. That's when Black Convoy aka Scourge jumped out of the screen. He looked awesome, had a pretty cool origin, and a mean, badass attitude. He was crazy, despite the show being below average.

After that, Nemesis Prime began to appear everywhere, and Nemesis Prime just plain old sucks. I hate the new series, and all of the revamped characters. Too bad no one realized the potential for Scourge/Black Convoy (or Onyx Prime). With an expanded storyline (such as being an Autobot who was transformed by Alpha Trion into one of Optimus' successors, but placed into stasis, sent to Earth, and reprogrammed by the Decepticons. While scanning for a vehicle form, it could've happened in the middle of a battle, and while Optimus was defending Spike/Daniel/some guy, he could've ended up scanning the truck, Optimus, and the human. He picks up some of Optimus' traits (such as leadership, peace, etc), but, as a Decepticon, twists and deforms their meaning until they become more evil than good (glory, destruction, hate, rage). He then goes off and becomes a renegade, and becomes Optimus' greatly feared polar opposite, trying to lead the Decepticons, and getting in Optimus' face). He would've made one cool character in the old Generation 1 days.

Oh well, too bad. RiD Scourge was cool.

http://tfarchive.com/toys/reviews/rid_scourge.php

Actually they've ret-conned Nemesis Prime into G1 the fiction. Due in no small part to the Ass-kickery of Scourge (srsly if there was ever a Decepticon who tried to over throw 'Tron and could fill his shoes Scourge is it). And who has been blessed with this ret-con you ask? Why Motormaster of course. I mean the G1 cartoon set as a nemesis for Prime. All they did was actually make him want to be called Nemesis Prime.

^This is why Alternators is a continuity nightmare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"