RIP Celebrity Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved Boston Public.

RIP

R.I.P. John McLaughlin of the 34 year old political discussion show The McLaughlin Group.

R.I.P. John McLaughlin of the 34 year old political discussion show The McLaughlin Group.

In its prime, with Pat Buchanan, Elanor Clift, Jack Germond and Mort, it was the best half hour on Sunday TV. Godspeed John.

Steven Hill Dies: ‘Law & Order’, ‘Mission: Impossible’ Star Was 94
steven-hill-2.jpg

Steven Hill, who played District Attorney Adam Schiff on Law & Order in the 1990s, and also had a starring role on the 1960s TV series Mission: Impossible, has died. His daughter, Sarah Gobioff, told The New York Times, Hill died Tuesday in Monsey, N.Y. He was 94.

Hill portrayed the Schiff character for 10 seasons on NBC’s Law & Order, from 1990-2000, and Dan Briggs, the original team leader of the Impossible Missions Force on CBS’ Mission: Impossible series in its initial 1966-67 season.

Hill began his careeer on the Broadway stage in Ben Hecht’s A Flag Is Born in 1946, which also featured a young Marlon Brando. Hill says his big break came when he landed a small part in the hit Broadway show Mister Roberts.

He segued to film in 1950 with his debut in A Lady Without Passport, but was particularly busy during the so-called “Golden Age” of live TV drama, appearing in The Trial of Sacco and Vanzetti in 1960, in the role of Bartolomeo Vanzetti, among others.

His other TV work includes guest roles in ABC’s Adventures in Paradise, and the original Robert Stack ABC/Desilu crime drama, The Untouchables episode “Jack ‘Legs’ Diamond” playing the eponymous character. He also played the ruthlessly manipulative millionaire in “The White Knight”, a 1966 third-season episode of The Fugitive, starring David Janssen.
http://deadline.com/2016/08/steven-hill-dies-law-order-mission-impossible-star-1201807511/

RIP Steven Hill...

before Peter Graves came along as IMF team leader Jim Phelps, I first saw Steven Hill as original IMF team leader Dan Briggs on Mission Impossible... I liked him ever since then...

RIP Steven Hill...

before Peter Graves came along as IMF team leader Jim Phelps, I first saw Steven Hill as original IMF team leader Dan Briggs on Mission Impossible... I liked him ever since then...

[YT]n1bkfBgUS20[/YT]

Also, August 25th 2016 is the 15th anniversary of the passing of Aaliyah.

ahh **** 2016 **** it hard

:csad: rip good sir i spent many a time laughing at your greatness

i need to watch this again for the 100th time

[YT]rTAFUn7nETc[/YT]

Last edited:
Had to listen to this after I heard about Gene. :(

[YT]r2pt2-F2j2g[/YT]

RIP Mr. Wilder.

Rip Mr Fiji and Rip Gene Wilder

This stinks. He'll always be Waco Kid to me, although I have a soft spot for See No Evil, Hear No Evil

RIP, Gene. :csad:

This is another one of those "right in the childhood" deaths. What fresh hell awaits us in the remaining four months of 2016? Death just isn't calling it quits.

RIP Gene Wilder, A truly incredible talent, Willy Wonka was probably my favorite movie as a child, can't even begin to count how many times I've seen it and it never gets old.

[YT]51wW5sl0a5k[/YT]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95