RIP Celebrity Thread - Part 4

This is really sad day, in addition to Katherne McGregor we also lost Roy Clark.

RIP to Roy Clark.

The Princess Bride, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Marathon Man, All the President's Men...really diverse body of work.

RIP to William Goldman....he wrote so many good movies.

Jorn Winther, the director on the landmark David Frost-Richard Nixon interviews that kept television and radio audiences transfixed over four consecutive nights in 1977, has died at the age of 88.

He was identified as a man killed on Nov. 9th in an automobile accident in front of Palm Desert High School outside Palm Springs, the Riverside County Coroner's Office reported.

In the 1960s Winther directed for the ABC music showcase Shindig! and worked on variety shows hosted by the likes of Jonathan Winters, Sonny & Cher and Barbara McNair.

Jorn Winther, Director on the David Frost-Richard Nixon Interviews, Dies at 88

RIP

Always loved Bill Goldman and most of his work.

Pablo Ferro, who designed the title sequences for classic films such as Dr. Strangelove, Bullitt, Men In Black, and A Clockwork Orange, has died from complications from pneumonia in Sedona, Ariz. at the age of 83.

Ferro began as an illustrator for Atlas Comics, working with Stan Lee on a series of science fiction adventures, before moving on to commercials and then to film work.

Pablo Ferro, Legendary Title Designer for ‘Dr. Strangelove,’ Dies at 83

RIP

Vicar of Dibley's John Bluthal dies, aged 89

John Bluthal, known for playing Frank Pickle in the BBC sitcom The Vicar of Dibley, has died at the age of 89. His co-star, Dawn French, led the tributes to Bluthal, who passed away on Thursday in New South Wales, Australia. She posted on Twitter: "Tons of happy laughs remembered today. Cheeky, naughty, hilarious. Bye darlin Bluey." The actor also appeared in a number of Carry On and Pink Panther films, in a career spanning over 60 years.

Vicar of Dibley actor dies, aged 89

Loved this guy for so many years. Fantastic character actor and very funny man.

RIP

Just remembered it's 25 years today since Bill Bixby died. The original and still, imo, the best Banner.

Actor Wayne Mauder has died at age 80 Wayne Maunder, 1960s Western Star, Dies at 80

In the 60's, Wayne starred in 2 western series - CUSTER and LANCER. He also starred in the police series CHASE and co-starred in the movie PORKY'S.

Wow, I remember watching Custer as a kid. RIP Wayne Mauder.

RIP Nicolas Roeg. I remember my dad taking me to see Walkabout when I was a child.

Ricky Jay, the master magician who also acted in films and TV shows such as Boogie Nights, House of Games, and Deadwood, has died at the age of 70.

In the 1997 James Bond film Tomorrow Never Dies, Jay played a cyber-terrorist to Pierce Brosnan’s Bond.

His partner in the Deceptive Practices company, Michael Weber, tweeted, “I am sorry to share that my remarkable friend, teacher, collaborator and co-conspirator is gone.” A New Yorker profile called him “the most gifted sleight of hand artist alive.” Jay was known for his card tricks and memory feats.

Ricky Jay, Master Magician and Actor in ‘Deadwood,’ ‘Boogie Nights,’ Dies at 72

Caught him in an old episode of The X-Files a little while back too. RIP to an entertaining actor and a fantastic magician.

Edit:

Just found this anecdote on Jay's Wikipedia entry;

In his 1993 New Yorker profile of Jay, Mark Singer related the following story from playwright David Mamet and theatre director Gregory Mosher:

Some years ago, late one night in the bar of the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Chicago, [Jay] was performing magic with a deck of cards. Also present was a friend of Mamet and Mosher’s named Christ Nogulich, the director of food and beverage at the hotel. After twenty minutes of disbelief-suspending manipulations, Jay spread the deck face up on the bar counter and asked Nogulich to concentrate on a specific card but not to reveal it. Jay then assembled the deck face down, shuffled, cut it into two piles, and asked Nogulich to point to one of the piles and name his card. “Three of clubs,” Nogulich said, and he was then instructed to turn over the top card. He turned over the three of clubs. Mosher, in what could be interpreted as a passive-aggressive act, quietly announced, “Ricky, you know, I also concentrated on a card.” After an interval of silence, Jay said, “That’s interesting, Gregory, but I only do this for one person at a time.” Mosher persisted: “Well, Ricky, I really was thinking of a card.” Jay paused, frowned, stared at Mosher, and said, “This is a distinct change of procedure.” A longer pause. “All right—what was the card?” “Two of spades.” Jay nodded, and gestured toward the other pile, and Mosher turned over its top card. The deuce of spades. A small riot ensued.

:applaud:applaud:applaud

Last edited:
I remember him from the movie Heist with Gene Hackman. He also had small roles in Heartbreakers and The Prestige.

Lot of knowledge and lore gone with Jay passing. RIP.

Bertolucci introduced me to Eva Green with his film The Dreamers. May he RIP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"