RIP Celebrity Thread - Part 4

Comedian Rip Taylor dies at age 84 Rip Taylor, Colorful Confetti-Throwing Comedian, Dies at 84
MV5BOTllNDQxNGQtZGIyNC00ZjQ1LWIxZmMtOTEzMWI3MWVhN2M3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEwODg2MDY@._V1_.jpg

Karen Pendleton, one of the original Mouseketeers from The Mickey Mouse Club in the 1950s, died on Sunday of a heart attack in Fresno, CA. She was 73. Author and Disney historian Lorraine Santoli announced the news today.

Known for her shoulder-length blond curls, Pendleton was among the youngest of the original Mouseketeers. She appeared on The Mickey Mouse Club during its entire first run from 1955-59, one of only nine to do so among a regularly changing cast.

Pendleton left show business after her stint on The Mickey Mouse Club. She was paralyzed from the waist down in a 1983 car crash and spent the rest of her life in a wheelchair. Undaunted, she eventually returned to school to earn bachelor’s and master’s degree, went on to work at a shelter for battered women and became a staunch advocate for those with disabilities serving on the Board for the California Association of the Physically Handicapped.

Karen Pendleton Dead: Original Disney Mouseketeer Was 73 – Deadline

RIP

Soviet cosmonaut Alexei Leonov, who became the first person in history to spacewalk in 1965, has died aged 85 after a long illness, his assistant confirmed. Leonov died at Moscow's Burdenko hospital on Friday.

Tethered to a spaceship by a 4.8m (16ft) cable, the Russian floated above Earth for 12 minutes. "You just can't comprehend it. Only out there can you feel the greatness - the huge size of all that surrounds us," Leonov told the BBC in 2014.

At a time when the US and the USSR were jostling for space supremacy, Leonov's mission was lauded as a triumph at home. He went on to become the commander of Soyuz-Apollo, the first ever joint US-Soviet mission in 1975.

But the outing nearly ended in disaster as his spacesuit inflated and he struggled to get back in the spaceship. In the vacuum of outer space, his spacesuit began to balloon out of shape and its fabric began to stiffen dangerously. His hands slipped out of his gloves, his feet came out of his boots, and Leonov could no longer get through his spaceship's airlock. Even worse, the craft was hurtling towards Earth's shadow. In five minutes, the cosmonaut realised he would be plunged into total darkness. He managed to release some of the oxygen from his spacesuit and was barely able to squeeze himself back into the capsule headfirst. He lost 6kg (13 pounds) in the process.

:eek:

First person to walk in space dies aged 85

RIP

RIP to Alexei Leonov.....ALL those early astronauts were damn brave men.

RIP to Robert Forster. A good actor.

Aw man. I've loved him since I first saw Jackie Brown. Was literally watching him in El Camino as I read this. RIP. :(

I watched him not too long ago in Mulholland Drive. Might just rewatch that soon.

A great performer and honestly, after working with Tarantino he should have gotten way more high profile gigs.

one of my fave roles of his was the head terrorist in The Delta Force

RIP Robert Forster, just watched him in El Camino a few hours ago which he was excellent in, sad to hear about this.

RIP Sulli. As a fan of Kpop, this one seems a little but unreal.

Sulli.jpg

Don't know how we missed that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"