RIP Celebrity Thread - Part 4

Actor Philip Latham dies at age 91 Philip Latham Death | Philip Latham Dead - Obituary - Inside Eko The British actor was known for DRACULA: PRINCE OF DARKNESS, JESUS OF NAZARETH, and DOCTOR WHO: THE FIVE DOCTORS.
MV5BMjg2MGM4ZGUtNTRlNi00NGU0LTliMGUtYTMwMDNkOWFmMWNmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI3MDk3MzQ@._V1_.jpg

If I am asked what my all-time favorite movie is, I will invariably say "Once Upon a Time in America" (Snyder version). The sound.....

Thank you for your work....Wish you were here.

That scene with De Niro and Woods at the end of the movie absolutely killed. Wanna guess who I respect between the two?

Might be a bit preemptive but things aren't sounding good.

Glee star Naya Rivera is Missing, Presumed Dead
Naya Rivera has been declared missing by Ventura county officials after her 4 year old son was found alone, though unharmed, on a boat on Lake Piru. Her son was found by local boaters 3 hours after Rivera rented the boat. He told those who found him that he and Rivera had been swimming but Rivera never returned. Dive teams have been sent out to search for her while authorities attempt to reunite the boy with family members

After an exhaustive pre-nightfall search in Lake Piru, CA, singer and actress Naya Rivera is presumed dead in an apparent drowning accident Wednesday afternoon.
‘Glee’ Star Naya Rivera Missing After Swimming Accident – Variety

****, that hits me hard for some reason. My feelings about Glee as a show were mixed, but hers was one of the most memorable characters on that show.

****, that hits me hard for some reason. My feelings about Glee as a show were mixed, but hers was one of the most memorable characters on that show.
Exactly this. I actually went cold when I heard this on the radio (not a reaction I normally have to this kind of news). Santana and (especially) Brittany were my favourite things on that show. Hoping for the best, but...

Missing Glee star Naya Rivera is now presumed dead
Missing Glee star Naya Rivera is now presumed dead, police said.

The actress went missing on Wednesday while on a rented boat with her four-year-old son at Lake Piru, about 56 miles north-west of central Los Angeles.

The Ventura County Sheriff’s office said the effort to find the actress, best known for playing Santana Lopez on musical comedy series Glee, is now a "search and recovery operation".

There is no foul play suspected and officers believe Rivera, 33, drowned.

:csad:

Considering what she is famous for is being a child rapist, is this really the thread for this?
Not defending what she did at all, but there have been worse people in this thread, like Charles Manson. I've always seen this thread as more of a "Famous Person/Infamous Person/Someone who worked in the Film/TV industry death announcement" thread than a memorial.

Not defending what she did at all, but there have been worse people in this thread, like Charles Manson. I've always seen this thread as more of a "Famous Person/Infamous Person/Someone who worked in the Film/TV industry death announcement" thread than a memorial.
That's a fair and good point Drizzle.

The initial reports are likely accidental death but right off the bat that makes it sound even more suspicious. But I'm not ready to jump on the conspiracy train just yet. It may well have been an accident.

And I just read a more recent article, it appears to be suicide after a sexual abuse complaint was filed.

Last edited:

she was my favorite on the show

Ditto, not into football. But Jack Charlton was a legend (I met his brother, Bobby, once). RIP

RIP Benjamin Kheough, son of Lisa Marie Presley and grandson of Elvis Presley. He died of suicide and was 27.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"