"Ripping off Fenrir" or "Game of the Year 2007"

Well at least Game Spy got it right.

IGN dissapoint me, last year they had a great video going through about 7 nominations with people both praising them and slagging them off, and you got to see everyone's reactions to the very odd choice of Okami. This year it was just 5 games and 5 quick explanations from one person of why they were good. :down:

I laughed when I saw that Spike TV had the only list in which SMG was not even nominated.

Also, CoD4 was absent from their list....

Super Mario Galaxy is too "kiddy" for Spike TV's awards. I guarantee that Grand Theft Auto IV will win their award next year.

Super Mario Galaxy is too "kiddy" for Spike TV's awards. I guarantee that Grand Theft Auto IV will win their award next year.

Which is why I laughed. Surprised that CoD4 wasnt even nominated, though.

The finalists for the AIAS Overall Game of the Year:

Bioshock
Call of Duty 4
Rock Band
Super Mario Galaxy
The Orange Box

I can't believe no one has voted Halo 3! I have bought alot of games this year. But counting the 07 games that I got. Halo 3 was the best.

I can't believe no one has voted Halo 3! I have bought alot of games this year. But counting the 07 games that I got. Halo 3 was the best.

Halo 3 was Halo 2.5. Unless you are obsessed with graphics, there is really no reason to buy it when you can keep playing 2.

I really enjoyed Halo 3. It was the first game i bought for the 360, and it is what really got me into Xbox 360 and into video games again.

A lot of people just see it as more of the same old stuff. It's not even the best FPS out right now, let alone one of the best games of the year.

Because Halo 3 was nowhere near the best game of the year let alone the best FPS game.

Take a look at how gamers react and the reception. Call of Duty 4, The Orange Box, and Bioshock are all treated better. Don't forget other fun games such as Super Mario Galaxy, Rock Band, the Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, etc. are just more fun.

Halo 3 didn't have a chance for GOTY.

Halo 3 was one of the most overhyped games of the year. It was supposed to be the best FPS coming out but was quickyl shut down once CoD4 was released a month later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"