Road to Damnation Mini - Pre Release Discussion

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics' started by FlameHead, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Hollywood Ghost Registered

I started a thread asking if garth ennis had already done a ghost rider book and that was before this news was posted. I am absolutely sure i saw a ghost rider trade at a comic store a few months back and it was written by garth ennis. Anyway, if it wasnt written by garth ennis then it was written by somebody else, the point is i saw a brand spanking new ghost rider trade... it was him on the cover, looked like a paitning. Anyone know what i am talking about?

2. FlameHead Registered

Nope. I know of no knew Trades. The only trades I do know of right now are
    GHOST RIDER RESURRECTED TRADE PAPERBACK and THE HAMMER LANE TRADE.

They are releasing an Essentials Ghost Rider very soon though. Is that what you're talking about?

3. FlameHead Registered

4. Hunter Rider Ronin

cool find flame,looks awesome ,i enlarged them

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. FlameHead Registered

Nice job! Thanks. They look really awesome... though I do wonder if all the pages will have a big layout like that. Seems like they are using a lot of room for each panel thus not having a lot of space for story.

I really dig the artwork though. I can only imagine what Ennis' words are gonna do to it.

6. BIGGUN Registered

man...that looks cool!
    great find FH...and Hunter for the blow up! heh

7. FlameHead Registered

Yeah, it's hard givin' up an avvy... especially one as hilarious as yours. Having said that, you're right, that new one is pretty darn cool.

I still have to send some pics off to HR to make me a new avvy. I just cant narrow it down to a certain number of pics.

8. ScottishFogg Narnian

i love the angels' look and design! can't wait to read this . . .

9. FlameHead Registered

Me either. The look, so far, is pretty neat. Very crisp. I can't wait to read what words are gonna go with it.

10. FlameHead Registered

New information has been released about the series, including the following synopsis. This info was found on the great and wonderful GR site Vengeance Unbound; http://www.vengeanceunbound.com. Go there for more!

UPCOMING: SEPTEMBER 2005
    GHOST RIDER # 1 (of 6)
    Written by Garth Ennis
    Pencils & Cover by Clayton Crain

"ROAD TO DAMNATION"
    The eagerly anticipated series begins here with stunning art and a story that only Garth Ennis could tell. He's paying the price for his deal with the Devil-- is the Ghost Rider condemned to ride the highways of Hell for all eternity? His saving grace could be in the form of an unlikely ally-- an industrious angel with a deal that would free Ghost Rider once and for all! Miss this series at the risk of your very soul!
    32 pages :: Parental Advisory :: $2.99

11. crystal_flame6 Registered

They better get them near where I live or else......
    I prepare to be broke.
    ESSENTIAL GHOST RIDER VOL. 1 TPBCollecting MARVEL SPOTLIGHT #5-12, GHOST RIDER #1-20 and DAREDEVIL #138.
    560 pages :: $16.99
    GHOST RIDER # 1 (of 6) $2.99

12. FlameHead Registered

13. BIGGUN Registered

WTF?! is an understatement!
    art is fantastic....but the whole blowing fire and chains out of the mouth is just....weird.

14. FlameHead Registered

A winner maybe but I don't know how I feel about those chains coming out of his mouth. The fire is kinda cool but CHAINS? What the heck is that?

15. Fettstyl Registered

I just picked up the Marvel Premier issue that the pics are in. The artwork looks great, but the chains out of the mouth was.....well, wierd is a good way to describe it. I think whenever they start a new series(or movie for that matter) with GR they just tell the writer "hell, do whatever you want, don't worry about previous continuity or established facts, just make a interesting read (or viewing)." No respect at all for GR. They'll never start having the human torch shoot his fire out of his mouth or ass or whatever, but GR no problem. Speaking of human torch, I'll be going to see the movie next week, even though I know I'm gonna be pissed seeing all the cool stuff with fire they're going to let human torch do and knowing when GR comes out Hes gonna have a ****ing shotgun.:mad:

16. Riding Ghost Registered

Yeah, I thought the same thing, I thought it was kinda cool he rode up beside the guy and spit fire on him, I guess Ghost rider can use hellfire anyway he wishes. But the chains being spit out, thats bizzare.

And I agree with you Fettstyl, but I'm holding out hope that when MSJ said "all of that" in response to a question about which powers Ghost Rider would use, that he meant it. If the shotgun is a brief indulgence, and everything else is there, it should be fine.

17. Fettstyl Registered

How the tables have turned. I remember a couple month ago I was trying to chill you out a little on the shotgun. Now I'm the one goin nuts about it. I think it was hearing more of the rumors and actually seeing it on the ET that have really given me a worse and worse feeling about it. I'm tellin you the shotgun is draining my hype man!

18. Riding Ghost Registered

By no means am I happy about the shot gun, Its just that I'm remaining optomistic because there are increasing evidence that it is not going to be a big part of the movie. Try to relax, unless we get more distressing info.

19. Riding Ghost Registered

Well, I'll go ahead and answer your valid questions about this exchange since I saw in another thread that Fettstyl is rather pissed about the shotgun and news that the soundtrack may be more southern rock than metal(which I agree doesn't sound too hot to me either), I don't expect to see him for a while.
    We got breifly sidetracked on the shotgun due to the correlation Fettstyl drew between them changing the powers in the upcoming mini, i.e. spitting chains and fire out of his mouth and them changing/adding a shotgun to GRs arsenal in the movie.
    Changing OR Adding the shotgun I believe is the issue here for Fettstyl and really for myself as well. What I mean is, are they going to change GRs power from shooting hellfire from his hands to shooting hellfire from a shotgun OR are they in fact simply adding another weapon to his arsenal. If they are adding the shotgun and GR shoots hellfire from his hands sometimes and from a shotgun others, that although not good IMO, is acceptable. However if they are doing away completely with hellfire blasts from GRs hands and replacing that with the shotgun that is where the problem really is. I think I got that right-Fettstyl feel free to correct me if I'm wrong- I know thats my problem with it.
    See I'm a big fan of the Original/Blaze GR and have always(25yrs) looked forward to a GR movie and for them to finally do a movie about what is supposed to be the Blaze version and not include at least 1 hellfire blast from the hands and in fact replace that with a shotgun, is a real pisser because as has been said in other threads that is most of what the Blaze GR did and anybody who was a big fan of the BlazeGR would inherantly have to like that and want to see that in the movie because it was a HUGE part of what BlazeGR did.
    BTW, awesome job on your site. It keeps getting better and better :up: most definately the best site on the web IMHO.

20. Crowley9 Registered

The chain-spitting was weird and unnecessary. Why couldn't GR have the exact same result by swinging the chain in his hand and having it extend forward? And what's been revealed about the storyline has several things which sound uncomfortably close to Ennis' earlier writing in Preacher. Hopefully he'll manage to keep it original and interesting.

21. Sauron Registered

sounds cool. Can't wait.

22. jayr727 Registered

wow this mini looks HOT! [cause with the flames and everything]

hope this is a better turn out than the marvel knights mini a few years back.
    i wasn't very fond of it . . .

23. FlameHead Registered

24. Riding Ghost Registered

I'm glad you see my point

I hope your right.

I don't have a problem with organic web power either, but they also were shown to run out in SM2.

25. FlameHead Registered

Hmmm... I just visited the http://www.comicbookresources.com/ site and seen an add on the top for Ghost Rider # 1 of the new series. It seems that this site http://www.dcbservice.com/ is selling the comic for a low low price... however, I cannot seem to find where to buy it on that site.

This is on the top of the page though....
    [​IMG]