Road to Damnation Mini - Pre Release Discussion

I started a thread asking if garth ennis had already done a ghost rider book and that was before this news was posted. I am absolutely sure i saw a ghost rider trade at a comic store a few months back and it was written by garth ennis. Anyway, if it wasnt written by garth ennis then it was written by somebody else, the point is i saw a brand spanking new ghost rider trade... it was him on the cover, looked like a paitning. Anyone know what i am talking about?

Nope. I know of no knew Trades. The only trades I do know of right now are
GHOST RIDER RESURRECTED TRADE PAPERBACK and THE HAMMER LANE TRADE.

They are releasing an Essentials Ghost Rider very soon though. Is that what you're talking about?

Wow! Did you people see this??

tn_crane_grpage1.jpg

tn_crane_grpage2.jpg

First posted on http://www.vengeanceunbound.com/main.html. Check it out.

I'd like to find some bigger versions... but they look pretty awesome! Thanks VU

cool find flame,looks awesome ,i enlarged them

13jv.gif

26gr.gif

Nice job! Thanks. They look really awesome... though I do wonder if all the pages will have a big layout like that. Seems like they are using a lot of room for each panel thus not having a lot of space for story.

I really dig the artwork though. I can only imagine what Ennis' words are gonna do to it.

man...that looks cool!
great find FH...and Hunter for the blow up! heh

MarvelMovies said:
Pretty cool..

:D

*I don't think I can leave the microwave behind.. but certainly makes me think about it*

Yeah, it's hard givin' up an avvy... especially one as hilarious as yours. Having said that, you're right, that new one is pretty darn cool.

I still have to send some pics off to HR to make me a new avvy. I just cant narrow it down to a certain number of pics.

i love the angels' look and design! can't wait to read this . . .

Me either. The look, so far, is pretty neat. Very crisp. I can't wait to read what words are gonna go with it.

New information has been released about the series, including the following synopsis. This info was found on the great and wonderful GR site Vengeance Unbound; http://www.vengeanceunbound.com. Go there for more!

UPCOMING: SEPTEMBER 2005
GHOST RIDER # 1 (of 6)
Written by Garth Ennis
Pencils & Cover by Clayton Crain

"ROAD TO DAMNATION"
The eagerly anticipated series begins here with stunning art and a story that only Garth Ennis could tell. He's paying the price for his deal with the Devil-- is the Ghost Rider condemned to ride the highways of Hell for all eternity? His saving grace could be in the form of an unlikely ally-- an industrious angel with a deal that would free Ghost Rider once and for all! Miss this series at the risk of your very soul!
32 pages :: Parental Advisory :: $2.99

They better get them near where I live or else......
I prepare to be broke.
ESSENTIAL GHOST RIDER VOL. 1 TPBCollecting MARVEL SPOTLIGHT #5-12, GHOST RIDER #1-20 and DAREDEVIL #138.
560 pages :: $16.99
GHOST RIDER # 1 (of 6) $2.99

FlameHead said:
Just noticed that Vengeance Unbound posted a couple more preview pages of the upcomming mini.

http://www.vengeanceunbound.com/main.html

I'm curious...

... blowing fire?... and Chains??

WTF?! is an understatement!
art is fantastic....but the whole blowing fire and chains out of the mouth is just....weird.

A winner maybe but I don't know how I feel about those chains coming out of his mouth. The fire is kinda cool but CHAINS? What the heck is that?

I just picked up the Marvel Premier issue that the pics are in. The artwork looks great, but the chains out of the mouth was.....well, wierd is a good way to describe it. I think whenever they start a new series(or movie for that matter) with GR they just tell the writer "hell, do whatever you want, don't worry about previous continuity or established facts, just make a interesting read (or viewing)." No respect at all for GR. They'll never start having the human torch shoot his fire out of his mouth or ass or whatever, but GR no problem. Speaking of human torch, I'll be going to see the movie next week, even though I know I'm gonna be pissed seeing all the cool stuff with fire they're going to let human torch do and knowing when GR comes out Hes gonna have a ****ing shotgun.:mad:

FlameHead said:
A winner maybe but I don't know how I feel about those chains coming out of his mouth. The fire is kinda cool but CHAINS? What the heck is that?

Yeah, I thought the same thing, I thought it was kinda cool he rode up beside the guy and spit fire on him, I guess Ghost rider can use hellfire anyway he wishes. But the chains being spit out, thats bizzare.

And I agree with you Fettstyl, but I'm holding out hope that when MSJ said "all of that" in response to a question about which powers Ghost Rider would use, that he meant it. If the shotgun is a brief indulgence, and everything else is there, it should be fine.

Riding Ghost said:
And I agree with you Fettstyl, but I'm holding out hope that when MSJ said "all of that" in response to a question about which powers Ghost Rider would use, that he meant it. If the shotgun is a brief indulgence, and everything else is there, it should be fine.

How the tables have turned. I remember a couple month ago I was trying to chill you out a little on the shotgun. Now I'm the one goin nuts about it. I think it was hearing more of the rumors and actually seeing it on the ET that have really given me a worse and worse feeling about it. I'm tellin you the shotgun is draining my hype man!

Fettstyl said:
How the tables have turned. I remember a couple month ago I was trying to chill you out a little on the shotgun. Now I'm the one goin nuts about it. I think it was hearing more of the rumors and actually seeing it on the ET that have really given me a worse and worse feeling about it. I'm tellin you the shotgun is draining my hype man!

By no means am I happy about the shot gun, Its just that I'm remaining optomistic because there are increasing evidence that it is not going to be a big part of the movie. Try to relax, unless we get more distressing info.

Well, I'll go ahead and answer your valid questions about this exchange since I saw in another thread that Fettstyl is rather pissed about the shotgun and news that the soundtrack may be more southern rock than metal(which I agree doesn't sound too hot to me either), I don't expect to see him for a while.
We got breifly sidetracked on the shotgun due to the correlation Fettstyl drew between them changing the powers in the upcoming mini, i.e. spitting chains and fire out of his mouth and them changing/adding a shotgun to GRs arsenal in the movie.
Changing OR Adding the shotgun I believe is the issue here for Fettstyl and really for myself as well. What I mean is, are they going to change GRs power from shooting hellfire from his hands to shooting hellfire from a shotgun OR are they in fact simply adding another weapon to his arsenal. If they are adding the shotgun and GR shoots hellfire from his hands sometimes and from a shotgun others, that although not good IMO, is acceptable. However if they are doing away completely with hellfire blasts from GRs hands and replacing that with the shotgun that is where the problem really is. I think I got that right-Fettstyl feel free to correct me if I'm wrong- I know thats my problem with it.
See I'm a big fan of the Original/Blaze GR and have always(25yrs) looked forward to a GR movie and for them to finally do a movie about what is supposed to be the Blaze version and not include at least 1 hellfire blast from the hands and in fact replace that with a shotgun, is a real pisser because as has been said in other threads that is most of what the Blaze GR did and anybody who was a big fan of the BlazeGR would inherantly have to like that and want to see that in the movie because it was a HUGE part of what BlazeGR did.
BTW, awesome job on your site. It keeps getting better and better :up: most definately the best site on the web IMHO.

The chain-spitting was weird and unnecessary. Why couldn't GR have the exact same result by swinging the chain in his hand and having it extend forward? And what's been revealed about the storyline has several things which sound uncomfortably close to Ennis' earlier writing in Preacher. Hopefully he'll manage to keep it original and interesting.

wow this mini looks HOT! [cause with the flames and everything]

hope this is a better turn out than the marvel knights mini a few years back.
i wasn't very fond of it . . .

I'm glad you see my point

MarvelMovies said:
I don't think the Shotgun will replace the Hellfire from his hands, just simply be another weapon for him to use.

I hope your right.

MarvelMovies said:
Although not a power in the comics, I always thought it was tedious that Spider-Man would run out of webbing at the worst times, such as fighting a middle while swining through the air with hundreds of explosions. Explaining the webshooters as a power helped the movie out I think, and was a good change... IMO, though not in all opinions.

I don't have a problem with organic web power either, but they also were shown to run out in SM2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"