Robert Pattinson IS The Batman

The sides in that set photo were not short tho, and his hair was messier than usual due to the motorcycle helmet. I imagine it'll be more like that fanart I just sent.

He also mentioned it was "combed but like it can move"
Yeah, but unless they are reshooting this scene or it is some type of flashback, they cannot change the hair too dramatically without continuity issues. The facemask like concealed most of the hair below the eyes, so I think we can expect something similar to this above the mask. I expect the fan art you posted is too short overall. I think we are getting something closer to this lengthwise, but style differently:
robert-pattinson-1563886460.jpg

Yeah, but unless they are reshooting this scene or it is some type of flashback, they cannot change the hair too dramatically without continuity issues. The facemask like concealed most of the hair below the eyes, so I think we can expect something similar to this above the mask. I expect the fan art you posted is too short overall. I think we are getting something closer to this lengthwise, but style differently:
The sides are super long there though.

I really don't think it'd look like that based on the description, and it's possible that the set photos from a month ago were from just rehearsals or second unit filming... or maybe the shot will literally just be a closeup of Bruce's eyes and we can't see his hair there, or maybe he'll have the motorcycle helmet on that scene.

The fanart seems to be a bit closer because it has the long fringe and the short sides, even though I think the top will be longer.

Its kind of funny to me…….. When Pattinson was first cast as Batman I didn’t really even react at the thought at first. I do remember however, thinking to myself that this seems to be a odd choice. I had to think about it for a bit, which is odd because I reacted immediately to Batman casting news ever since the 90s. I knew Robert Pattinson was in Twilight, as my wife was a fan of that book series and yes I did watch all of those films with her. But who he is and where he came from I had no issue with. Then I started googling images of him and think to myself “You know…. He really does have a good jawline for Batman”. I even watched some other films of his to see what I thought of his acting outside of the Twilight series. With each bit of my research looking at pictures and watching some of his films I was like you know what. This guy may very well make a great younger Batman/Bruce Wayne.

I then thought of the various reactions to many other Batman casting choices. At that point I realized almost if not every single Batman has been protested and questioned in various regards.

All I know is after seeing the teaser Matt Reeves released is the following

A) Robert Pattinson looks absolutely amazing in the Batman Cowl (Even though I’m not a fan of the cowl)

B) I hope that the music we heard is indeed the new Batman Theme because it reminded me of Danny Elfman mixed with John Carpenter and I love that and both composers.

C) I’m excited to see this and give Robert Pattinson a fair chance at this.

Regards,

All I know is after seeing the teaser Matt Reeves released is the following

A) Robert Pattinson looks absolutely amazing in the Batman Cowl (Even though I’m not a fan of the cowl)

B) I hope that the music we heard is indeed the new Batman Theme because it reminded me of Danny Elfman mixed with John Carpenter and I love that and both composers.

C) I’m excited to see this and give Robert Pattinson a fair chance at this.

Regards,

Giacchino confirmed it's Batman's leitmotif on Twitter

The sides are super long there though.

I really don't think it'd look like that based on the description, and it's possible that the set photos from a month ago were from just rehearsals or second unit filming... or maybe the shot will literally just be a closeup of Bruce's eyes and we can't see his hair there, or maybe he'll have the motorcycle helmet on that scene.

The fanart seems to be a bit closer because it has the long fringe and the short sides, even though I think the top will be longer.

Nah, the sides in that shot are not that long. What you are seeing is the long hair from the top fall to the side and blending in. The side are short like the sideburns if you look around the ears and the back. The fan art with longer hair on top would look too much like the odious undercut/Hitler Youth style that has made a comeback (along with white supremacy lately). I think the long top will fade into the shorter sides in a more refined and classical manner.

Nah, the sides in that shot are not that long. What you are seeing is the long hair from the top fall to the side and blending in. The side are short like the sideburns if you look around the ears and the back. The fan art with longer hair on top would look too much like the odious undercut/Hitler Youth style that has made a comeback (along with white supremacy lately). I think the long top will fade into the shorter sides in a more refined and classical manner.
Eh, that's a stretch. I look at that fanart and all I think is "f*ckboy" type haircut which I've seen in all sorts of people, it's a juvenile thing lol. When someone describes "short sides" to me, I imagine short sides that are actually noticeably short, and it matches the contemporary aesthetic.

These two are good points of comparison. They match the description and share similar bone structure to Rob.

Eh, that's a stretch. I look at that fanart and all I think is "f*ckboy" type haircut which I've seen in all sorts of people, it's a juvenile thing lol. When someone describes "short sides" to me, I imagine short sides that are actually noticeably short, and it matches the contemporary aesthetic.

These two are good points of comparison. They match the description and share similar bone structure to Rob.

I agree, I could see it looking a lot like those new examples, but the sides and back in the fan art are a lot more closely cropped. What you just posted is very much in line with what I meant by a classical taper. I'm not sure how anyone would associate that with a **** boi, other than the boyish features of those male models. Those haircuts are similar to what most of the actors in Band of Brothers had and what Connery wore as Bond after Dr. No (accounting for different combing and use of product).

I'm not except I wanted it to be black but am over that and am cool with dark brown

I agree, I could see it looking a lot like those new examples, but the sides and back in the fan art are a lot more closely cropped. What you just posted is very much in line with what I meant by a classical taper. I'm not sure how anyone would associate that with a **** boi, other than the boyish features of those male models. Those haircuts are similar to what most of the actors in Band of Brothers had and what Connery wore as Bond after Dr. No (accounting for different combing and use of product).
The only thing that I don't get what he meant was that he said that the fringe is "not proper emo but kinda close" and then also said "it doesn't look emo as in Tobey Maguire in Spider-Man 3 emo"

I can kiiinda picture it but I still don't exactly know how that looks.

I can’t be the only who isn’t super worried about his hair right? Lol
We're not worried, just interested, because it seems they changed the hairstyle since starting the shoot.

He really is like kind of ugly ... but kind of handsome, I guess. His hair is absolutely hilarious though. He’s always playing with it in interviews too.

He really is like kind of ugly ... but kind of handsome, I guess. His hair is absolutely hilarious though. He’s always playing with it in interviews too.
To be fair, that picture was taken the day that his casting as Batman got leaked to Variety and he started freaking out in the middle of a long flight to Cannes lol. He probably didn't get any sleep and was super stressed.

To be fair, that picture was taken the day that his casting as Batman got leaked to Variety and he started freaking out in the middle of a long flight to Cannes lol. He probably didn't get any sleep and was super stressed.
No I’m talking about his facial structure ... not him being tired.

No I’m talking about his facial structure ... not him being tired.

I think he is pretty traditionally good looking. His facial structure (apart from a lightly different nose) is pretty much spot on for how Neal Adams drew Bruce Wayne in the 70s:
5d99c62ddaeebdb4c0a042f35224eda6.png

Lightly? He looks nothing like that drawing :funny:
Well, sir, you are simply blind as a bat. The jawline and cheekbones are very similar. Both also have long-ish, pointed noses. There are differences in the details, but the overall facial structure is very similar. There is a reason he fills out the cowl so well in the camera test.

idk, I don't think he's very Bruce Wayney. Not so much his jawline and cheekbones, but the upper half of his face doesn't quite do it for me. Especially his eyes. I can't explain it but they look a little too small or sunken to be Bruce? imo.

idk, I don't think he's very Bruce Wayney. Not so much his jawline and cheekbones, but the upper half of his face doesn't quite do it for me. Especially his eyes. I can't explain it but they look a little too small or sunken to be Bruce? imo.
And a pronounced vague forehead ... he doesn’t look handsome or even kind of masculine ... that doesn’t mean I’m not excited for him in the role based on his acting chops.

And a pronounced vague forehead ... he doesn’t look handsome or even kind of masculine ... that doesn’t mean I’m not excited for him in the role based on his acting chops.

Yeah I get what you mean.
From what I've seen of his roles outside of Twilight (admittedly not much), I think he could do a good Bruce/Batman. Although I am a little concerned of the direction they might be taking with the character seeing how Pattinson talks about Batman. But he isn't the director/writer, so we'll see.

Yeah I get what you mean.
From what I've seen of his roles outside of Twilight (admittedly not much), I think he could do a good Bruce/Batman. Although I am a little concerned of the direction they might be taking with the character seeing how Pattinson talks about Batman. But he isn't the director/writer, so we'll see.
To me he actually looks like a very ugly, twerpy, European dude.

And his hair situation is hilarious.

I think at this point he’s overcompensating with the length, maybe because his hairline is peaking, but it’s really funny. He lets it grow out way too long, and is constantly playing with it LOL

Yet it always looks absolutely disheveled.

It’s to me, just not very Bruce Wayne like ... a little feminine even

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"