Robert Pattinson IS The Batman

Ugh. No song soundtrack for me, please. Superhero movies left that **** behind a while back, and no bad thing.
Agreed. Nolan made the right choice not putting music in his trilogy so I hope it's the same here

UQ76I2ED2MI6TPHHIC2BAX34UA.jpg

You can do lost of interesting things with Pattinson's hair. Will be interesting to see what they decide on

What about this style of hair? He looks dead-on like Jim Lee's Bruce Wayne to me here.

R0NvVIn.jpg

oTcApe7.jpg

iRelIRc.jpg

FSXZFB7.jpg

Also this:

lYOTyJe.jpg

I really liked the first, shorter hair cut on Pattinson. It brings out the angularity of his face and just works really well for a younger Bruce in my opinion. Also, it can have a little messiness (as above) without falling into Pattinson's trademark messy hair look. It feels more "in character".

Also, I am not usually a stubble guy for Bruce/Bats unless its a REALLY rough night, but I could get behind it in this case. I think because Pattinson's stubble is light and fine enough. I didn't like Affleck with it. He just added to the puffiness to me.

Shorter. I'm not so fond of the slick-back, looks better on page than in practice. Maybe something like or slightly longer. Shorter hair gives him a more calculative strong-man look which is what i think this version needs

Robert%252520Pattinson%252520Hair%252520God%2525202013.jpg
Slightly longer than this would be good.

I really liked the first, shorter hair cut on Pattinson. It brings out the angularity of his face and just works really well for a younger Bruce in my opinion. Also, it can have a little messiness (as above) without falling into Pattinson's trademark messy hair look. It feels more "in character".

I expressed similar thoughts on the previous page. Good to know I'm not the only one who sees this. :batman:

At this point, I think I'll be mildly disappointed should the filmmakers opt to go w/ a different cut than the one in question.

Why not? It's not like there isn't music out there that fits Batman. Reeves put music in his movies

Which ones? I don't remember any songs in the Apes films, or Let Me In. Not soundtrack songs anyway.

I just think putting music numbers on a Batman soundtrack is so 90s, it's right there with Rachel's haircut and the Spice Girls. Blergh.

It'll be interesting to see what he looks like in six months time, with a little hair dye and the obligatory muscle gains.

Thinking more on it, I really think he could sell the lively, tabloid-friendly version of Bruce better than any previous actor whose taken the mantle, while also nailing the intensity under the cowl.

I’ve always said that, despite generally good performances from every Bat-actor, each previous Bruce was missing some piece to make the definitive Batman in my eyes. Maybe Edward Cullen is just the guy to do it.

It'll be interesting to see what he looks like in six months time, with a little hair dye and the obligatory muscle gains.
Does he need hair dye though? The guy is naturally a light to medium brunette. His pale skin and light eyes also make his hair look darker anyways. That is close enough for me.

Thinking more on it, I really think he could sell the lively, tabloid-friendly version of Bruce better than any previous actor whose taken the mantle, while also nailing the intensity under the cowl.

I’ve always said that, despite generally good performances from every Bat-actor, each previous Bruce was missing some piece to make the definitive Batman in my eyes. Maybe Edward Cullen is just the guy to do it.

Pattinson is certainly no stranger to a paparazzi lifestyle. He can easily translate his own experiences of that kind of life to his performance as Bruce. Whereas Bale has never been that kind of guy. So, yes... Rob has the potential to really score big on the public playboy Bruce Wayne, as well as hit the right marks for the brooding, dark vigilante that he really is.

I really do struggle to think of an actor more suited to this role.

Pattinson's real life persona is very diffeterent from Bruce Wayne though so it's not like he'll be playing himself. In real life he tends to be very nervous and awkward at least listening to his interviews. He'll still have to transform himself for the role which he undoubtedly can

...also, one thing about this casting is that its likely to increase interest in Nolan's Tenet even more as well.

Synergy, folks :D

Does he need hair dye though? The guy is naturally a light to medium brunette. His pale skin and light eyes also make his hair look darker anyways. That is close enough for me.

Hmm. It's not so much about necessity as it is preference on my part. I'd say his natural hair color is dark blond/very light brown. A couple shades darker would merely complete the look for me.

Pattinson's real life persona is very diffeterent from Bruce Wayne though so it's not like he'll be playing himself. In real life he tends to be very nervous and awkward at least listening to his interviews. He'll still have to transform himself for the role which he undoubtedly can

...doesn't look all that nervous or awkward here to me.

Someone who has a lot of experience at this kind of thing will be able to do playboy Bruce quite well, I think.

I wonder which Batman suit Pattinson auditioned in?

I really hope it was the Batman Forever one. :funny:

...doesn't look all that nervous or awkward here to me.

Someone who has a lot of experience at this kind of thing will be able to do playboy Bruce quite well, I think.

In most interviews he does. It's not like Hammer who'd havr just been playing himself as Bruce Wayne. Pattinson will definitely transform

Great article here on why Pattinson doing Batman isn't necessarily all that different from the projects he's chosen in the past. The guy does seem to choose his projects based on the talent and quality of the director, which can only bode well for what Reeves is doing.

Robert Pattinson as ‘The Batman’ Tells Hollywood Stars: Choose Your Directors First

I wonder which Batman suit Pattinson auditioned in?

I'd bet a great deal of money it was the Dark Knight suit.

I have to say, this is the first time in a very long time I've felt that little spark of excitement for a new Batman film. When Affleck was announced it was barely a year after the Dark Knight Trilogy ended, and the fact that it was being rebooted so soon and shoehorned into a shared DC Universe just made me really cynical about the whole franchise. Even when Reeves was announced, it was hard to feel any excitement because the "will he or won't he" cloud of Affleck and the uncertain state of the DCEU was hanging over everything. Then Justice League was kind of the nail in the coffin for me where it was just sad how little I cared. I wasn't sure what it would take to make me interested again.

With the announcement of a great up and coming actor in the role and a fresh new take on the universe with no ties to what's come before, it brings me back to those early Begins days feelings and that's a nice place to be.

One of my problems with introducing Batman via a shared universe is that by having Snyder's vision dictate who that version of Batman was, it robbed whichever director who came next of the chance to build their vision of the Bat-universe from the ground up. In terms of casting, design, music, everything. And historically Batman has worked best cinematically when a director has the creative freedom to do that.

Paramore is more a jokey reference to Twilight, but I'd absolutely welcome a song-based soundtrack with the right vibe.

I'm so excited for Pattison. I remember being a bit disappointed with Affleck casting, loving him as Bruce anyway in BvS, but it feels good to feel excited from the very beginning. It was my favorite from the list, so yes I'm realllyyy happy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"