RoboCop’ Returns

I'm hoping Weller comes back. I can see a slim chance of him coming back.

This and Ghostbusters just needs to stop. The remakes failed miserably, and trying to make sequels to the original is also a terrible idea. Just let it go. They're done. Move on.

Did this thread get resurrected after Doug Walker reviewed RebootCop?

Nope. There was a recent interview with Ed Neiumeier talking about the film.

Going to have to check out that RoboCop review! Lol!

Last edited:
This and Ghostbusters just needs to stop. The remakes failed miserably, and trying to make sequels to the original is also a terrible idea. Just let it go. They're done. Move on.
I feel the same way right now, but since they are making this stiff I'm willing to give it a chance.
Who knows? One of them might be like the new Halloween and come close to living up to the legacy left by the original.

Nope. There was a recent interview with Ed Neiumeier talking about the film.

Going to have to check out that RoboCop review! Lol!
Cool.

Enjoy the review. :up:

Reboot would've been better if it was less of a remake. A lot of genuine too close to real themes that I know for sure Blomkamp is bound to gloss over them. I'm still excited to see his spin on this.

You've...seen Blomkamp's other movies, right?

All of his stuff is bascially the opposite of "glossing over" current real/relevant themes, leaning into and embracing pertinent current stuff is basically his whole game.

I feel the same way right now, but since they are making this stiff I'm willing to give it a chance.
Who knows? One of them might be like the new Halloween and come close to living up to the legacy left by the original.

Cool.

Enjoy the review. :up:

The new Halloween was overrated. Basically the same premise as H20.

It still did very well critically and financially though, regardless if you thought it was overrated.

Not sure it's really comparable with this new Robocop though. The budget, for one, is going to be interesting. Maybe around the $100 million mark? I believe that's what the 2014 version had.

You've...seen Blomkamp's other movies, right?

All of his stuff is bascially the opposite of "glossing over" current real/relevant themes, leaning into and embracing pertinent current stuff is basically his whole game.
Undercooked is what I meant by RebootCop standards; 2nd best RoboCop for crafting a future that actually feels not too distant and attainable.
When folks say his other movies, they mean what he's done since District 9 and I actually like all of them

I semi-agree with you, but the 'Dark Knight Returns - with RoboCop' angle is very enticing.

I based my thoughts on the reception I see that movie received as I did not watch any Halloween movie past the first (and the half of the remake I found interesting)...
At least we can hope this new movie comes with Neil Blomkamp improving his craft to make something more pleasing to the crowd than the last two movies he released.

It still did very well critically and financially though, regardless if you thought it was overrated.

Not sure it's really comparable with this new Robocop though. The budget, for one, is going to be interesting. Maybe around the $100 million mark? I believe that's what the 2014 version had.
I'll be happy if they conserved the budget for the new RoboCop and used $30 million instead. Ex-Machina had half of that budget and the robot effects look fabulous.

This is so weird to see but it's kind of awesome, IMO! Looks like they managed to bring Peter Weller back at least, though he could just be voicing RoboCop.

Last edited:
This is so weird to see but it's kind of awesome, IMO! Looks like they managed to bring Peter Weller back at least, though he could just be voicing RoboCop.

I highly doubt that is Weller.

If he’s voicing KFC commercials, I think he can come back for this sequel.

I'm surprised Weller came back to reprise the role of RoboCop considering how he doesn't like talking about it in recent years. Hope this causes him to change his tune about the film!

Then again, he just might have found the idea of "Colonel RoboCop" to be too entertaining to pass up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"