RoboCop’ Returns

$5 seems a bit high though. There’s probably a different amount I’d buy that for.

Calgary Comic Expo: From RoboCop to Italian art, actor Peter Weller has been a true Renaissance man

“The guy I was just talking to said ‘I understand you are not doing it and refuse to do it,’ ” says Weller, talking with Postmedia from Italy during a round of promotional interviews to preview his appearance at the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo. “I said ‘I don’t know where you heard that, because Neill Blomkamp and I are talking consistently about it.’ So I’ll put the kibosh on that. If that turns out, I’ll do that with him because he is great.”

“We just like to keep the windows open here because he’s about to get financed,” he adds “When he does, hopefully we’ll make a deal and we’ll do it.”

Weller actually returned to the character in a somewhat surreal manner earlier this year. That’s his voice in those cheerfully odd KFC commercials that have RoboCop hawking fried chicken to families as the occasionally frightening newest incarnation of Colonel Sanders.

“If the money is right, I’ll do anything with RoboCop,” he says. “If there is no money in it, I won’t. It’s as simple as that.”

So there you have it. Weller will do it if the price is right.

Huh. I was just thinking about this yesterday "Must be dead in the water, I bet Weller would never do it" etc. Cool that things are still happening.

PS. With all the PR stuff we hear about how people go about picking projects, I always enjoy an actor outright say it's about the money.

I appreciate the honesty. SLJ is the same way

As nice as it is to see openly admitted to it also kind of detracts as well. For the right price you can pay this guy to say and do anything you want. It's very mercenary feeling. There isn't any passion or interest. It's just money.

Though like I said, at least it is honest and not someone pretending to have actual interest or passion for a role. Better that than someone who obviously lacks it while lying about it to you.

I’m assuming it’s more that at his age to get him into that suit again, no matter how great the script is, pay up!

The question will you even put Weller in that bulky suit or will it be motion capture. Or you can find some way to make the suit light with a light material.

The question will you even put Weller in that bulky suit or will it be motion capture. Or you can find some way to make the suit light with a light material.
Almost nobody does anything practically these days. Besides, it was massive struggle even for a young Weller. Can't imagine anyone shoving him into that thing again.

Does it even need to be Weller? Unless he takes his helmet off, I can't imagine there being any real reason to need Weller other than voice. Even if the helmet does come off, they'd probably be able to just recreate his facial likeness digitally.

I think his walk and movements have a lot to do with it too. With motion capture they can capture that.

I want to see this happen, but have a feeling this’ll end up like Blomkamp’s Alien 3. A bunch of pre-production work that ultimately leads to nothing.

Blomkamp's Alien 3 was never really a thing to begin with. The Concept Artwork launched Fox's interest as far as I recall. He didn't have the gig when that **** came out and then there was talk.

Blomkamp's Robocop Returns is actually in development. His Alien 3 never was.

Blomkamp's Alien 3 was never really a thing to begin with. The Concept Artwork launched Fox's interest as far as I recall. He didn't have the gig when that **** came out and then there was talk.

Blomkamp's Robocop Returns is actually in development. His Alien 3 never was.

True!

I remember Blomkamp making this weird viral video a while back of this guy finding some dead alien. Did anything ever come out of that?

I hope they bring back the original theme song in all its glory too, and not just a little snippet either. I hope for what was done with Godzilla's classic theme in King of the Monsters.

Hmm didn't know about Robocop Returns. Is this a sequel to the reboot or actually a sequel to Robocop 3?

Going the Halloween and Terminator route, eh?

This is another series that I want to get into, but it is not on Netflix, Prime, Hulu... in fact, not even on television. I have only watched the 2014 film, which I thought was pretty good, but would like to see the original films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"