Rockin' Eve...not so!

Catman

Avenger
Reaction score
Let's be honest, folks. No one REALLY watches those New Year's Eve shows. It's just something you leave on mute while you party then 5 minutes before midnight you un-mute and watch the damn ball drop. But...with that being said...ever since Dick Clark had that stroke there's no reason to watch the Rockin' Eve Show. This year it was hosted by Ryan Seacrest. Who wants to countdown the New Year with Ryan Seacrest? :huh: I never thought I would do this, but I switched over to NBC and watched Carson Daly. Yes...I rather watch Carson Daly than Ryan Seacrest. :o :csad:

Let's be honest, folks. No one REALLY watches those New Year's Eve shows. It's just something you leave on mute while you party then 5 minutes before midnight you un-mute and watch the damn ball drop. But...with that being said...ever since Dick Clark had that stroke there's no reason to watch the Rockin' Eve Show. This year it was hosted by Ryan Seacrest. Who wants to countdown the New Year with Ryan Seacrest? :huh: I never thought I would do this, but I switched over to NBC and watched Carson Daly. Yes...I rather watch Carson Daly than Ryan Seacrest. :o :csad:

If you never watched it before (save for the five minutes prior to your balls dropping,) why is it an issue that Dick Clark wasn't there? :huh:

I've never gotten the point of those shows, to be honest. Who spends their New Year's Eve watching other people have a fabulous time on television instead of having a fabulous time themselves? :huh: It seems so pitifully vicarious. I can understand maybe tuning in to watch the ball drop in Times Square at midnight, but to spend an entire evening watching other people party? That's sad.

jag

I was very irritated last night at the fact that my local tv station aired the WHOLE live broadcast...until the ball dropped (I'm mountain time). So I'm sitting here at 10pm, still relatively sober...waiting for the ball to drop on the east coast. Then it switches to the news. :cmad: So by the time they show the (previously recorded) ball dropping on our midnite...I'm too inebriated to really care.

Now maybe this is the norm and I've just never noticed it before. I've always been too inebriated to notice it before...but dammit I wanted to see it last night. I wanted to have that link with the times square crazies in REAL TIME! Why couldn't they give that to me? One last 2007 kick in the balls from the man...I'm tired of the man kicking me in the balls. TIRED OF IT! :cmad:

If you never watched it before (save for the five minutes prior to your balls dropping,) why is it an issue that Dick Clark wasn't there? :huh:

Do you really wanna end (and start) your year watching Ryan Seacrest? :huh:

I've never gotten the point of those shows, to be honest. Who spends their New Year's Eve watching other people have a fabulous time on television instead of having a fabulous time themselves? :huh: It seems so pitifully vicarious. I can understand maybe tuning in to watch the ball drop in Times Square at midnight, but to spend an entire evening watching other people party? That's sad.

jag

Couldn't have said it better.

It's sad to see Dick Clark falling apart like he is, I don't recall understanding anything he said last night. :csad:

Jools Holland does one in England. I have a disliking for those kinds of shows, and if I were ever to be stuck in on New Years Eve, I think I'd watch a film and avoid that kind of show.

jag

I think that's reserved for old people and people that just can't leave the house for some reason. They like to pretend they're at the party.

It's sad to see Dick Clark falling apart like he is, I don't recall understanding anything he said last night. :csad:

He went from America's Oldest Teenager to Kirk Douglas, Part II. :csad: :csad: :csad:

I think that's reserved for old people and people that just can't leave the house for some reason. They like to pretend they're at the party.

Believe it or not but old people like to party too. :o

But you're right, C-Man, I've never seen the whole show. Just the last 5-2 minutes.

Lol Jag said fabulous.
That's.... fabulous.
;)

I'm bringing fabulous back and rescuing it from the gay culture so that it's safe for hetero manly-men to use again. Your shirt is fabulous, by the way.

jag

I only watch the ball dropping. Dick Clark is like the living dead now.

well.....enduring a crappy show was well....crappy lol.....but i saw a cloverfield clip :woot::up:

never watched the show...just about 2 minutes of it about 3 years ago....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"