Rogue and Bobby's Relationship in X2

Mdizzle

Je suis ici.
Reaction score
Throw in some comments about Rogue being smitten with Logan, and it's a love triangle. Except Logan wants Jean...and there's Cyclops. So it's like a love square...um anyways, Ok back on topic, I thought Rogue and Bobby had a very sweet thing going on there. The thumbwars, Colossus making fun of them. Good times...let's discuss it, I can never talk about these two enough. Shippers all the way.

I agree with you...
They are so cute together...
Shippers all the way ;)

I also concur.....
Rogue & Bobby = Perfect Couple.

bobrog1.jpg

and Marie looked so cute in this movie.

"Did you miss me, Kid?"
"Not really."

hahha. I loved, "I'm her boyfriend." (hand ices up). Way to jump in and claim your territory! :D

There is nothing going on between Rogue and Logan. They care for each others only as friends, there is nothing more than that. Logan loves Jean and taking a look at Wolverine I can say that he is the kind of guy that can not have two loves at the same time.

Ha, I meant Rogue has a thing for him. In the first and second movies she's clearly smitten.

Rogue didn't have a crush for Logan either. She was close to him because he was the only one who seemed to understand her and be there for her in need.

Nah, I don't really buy that, of course she's close with him, but even in the end of X1, Jean admits that Rogue's a bit "taken" by him. In the begining of X2 it's clear when he comes back and she's like, "bye logan"...grinning, and Bobby practically hasta tear her away as Logan notices Jean. If anything it's a little schoolgirl crush, and yeah, she definitely feels close to him. But I totally caught the little looks and the vibe she gave...hey, he's hot, mysterious. Wouldn't blame her for having an innocent "thing" for him, at least in the first two movies. By the third it seemed she got over it.

I'm sure that Logan and Rogue are very close. It seems to me that she has a little crush on him - how happy she was to see him in X2 when Logan returned - she just rushed to the door to see him and was all smiles (and left bewildered Bobby alone). Maybe it was just because Logan was the guy who helped her. But it's definately that he doesn't have the same feelings towards her and he said clearly "I'm your friend". Logan treats Marie like his younger sister and cares for her.
Back to the topic :) I think Bobby and Rogue are a cute couple - they match each other. But their relations are weird in some way - he can't even kiss her, which adds some mystery and intrigue to the whole thing :)

Decay said:
Rogue didn't have a crush for Logan either. She was close to him because he was the only one who seemed to understand her and be there for her in need.

It is intentionally made quite clear that Rogue has somewhat of a childish crush on Logan. Hence why Bobby jumps in so aggressivley with "I"m her boyfriend" and attacks Logans hand lol.

^...ok ok..maybe it was a kind of crush. But we are talking about the kind of crush that you have on a cute teacher or on an actor or singer. You just like the guy, have stupid crazy dreams about him but you know that it is nothing serious.

^^yeah, exactly...i dunno i referred to it as a "love triangle" half-jokingly...logan clearly doesn't feel it but just the fact that rogue has a little crush and bobby was kinda like urghhhh...as in the scene when they're escaping the mansion in Cyke's car, and Rogue has a moment with logan ("these are yours" handing him back his dog tags, flash to a scene with Bobby looking all kinda urghhh.) But yeah...Bobby and Rogue's relationship in X2, I liked where they took that after X1, especially with Bobby making parallels to Logan's situation ("It's not easy when you want to get close to someone...but you can't"). heheh...

slugzilla said:
I also concur.....
Rogue & Bobby = Perfect Couple.

bobrog1.jpg
hehe i love that picture. I didn't really like the rogue and bobbys realtionship in the films i didn't really like it in the ultimate series ethier. It should be gambit and rogue lol.

Well, I'm not too sure bout' Rogue and Bobby. The movie didn't make it quite clear if they're together or not. At some scenes, they seem like they make a perfect couple. At some points in the movie they seem like they're in love or somewhat like that, but in some parts, they just treat each other noramlly, like a good and caring friend. It remains a mystery, depending on which point of view you look at it.

I think that's a part of the innocence of their relationship...maybe neither of them are very experienced in the department and so they're both sort of tentative sometimes.

Anna Paquin and Shawn Ashmore were really great as a couple. I wish they would have kept them together, instead of pairing him with Kitty for the Rogue Cut of "Days of Future Past".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"