The DAY they became a X-MAN

Angamb

Avenger
Reaction score
Yesterday, at night, I was thinking about when Kitty and Colossus became a x-man officially. We saw them in the danger room, but how?, like they were students training, as potential members of the team? or they were already x-men? Because in the scene about the future of the school, for example, Colossus isn't there, and if the issue of that reunion was discuss about the future of the school, now without Xavier, and all the x-men are there, why Colossus no? and Rogue neither, hehe. And then, in the walkways of the subterranean base, before going to battle, why Logan had to give them permission? including Bobby, who is a x-man since the end of X2... or no?

I thought about Logan too... we saw him in the three movies, but when exactly he became a real x-men? in X1? X2?... X3? :huh: hahah.

Because all this questions, I create this thread to post our thoughts about the day each x-member became a "x-men".

Let's discuss! :yay:

I doubt they have contracts that they sign for Xavier to say yep I am an Xman and I don't even get dental now. :woot:

I think it's more of a are you ready to be an Xman? ...well kinda sorta thing. So you get a suite.

hahaha, nice point. Certainly is what you say, they accept to be a x-member, and the answer is when? haha, I mean, I think it isn't clear at all, at least with the younger members, and with Logan too, I think.

I would say Logan was the first movie. I would take it when they first put on the suits. In movie land that is.

I always thought Colossus was added to the X-Men roster for the bravery he showed during the mansion attack.

Kitty Pryde was added cause of her just generally being awesome in class and a fast ranker.

Wolverine was an X-Men from the first time he put on a suit in the movies.

Cyclops, Beast, Jean, and Storm were originals.

Iceman and Rogue much like Colossus were admitted to the ranks because of their bravery in X2.

I always thought Colossus was added to the X-Men roster for the bravery he showed during the mansion attack.

Kitty Pryde was added cause of her just generally being awesome in class and a fast ranker.

Iceman and Rogue much like Colossus were admitted to the ranks because of their bravery in X2.

Yeah agreed

...I wanted more Colossus

Also, Kitty helped Xavier secure Stryker’s files, as mentioned by Xavier at the end of X2, in the president’s office. So she’d gone from being a student to performing a mission with her very useful powers.

Yeah, I think this pretty much sums it up.

hmmm... I'm mostly in agreement that those are possible up until Iceman and Rogue. How were they brave in X2 exactly? They ran away from the mansion really without a fight, they were told to stay in the ship during the final battle in X2 - which they did, except Rogue nearly crashed it up again trying to fly it around (why she did it in the first place, I've not quite figured out. I didn't think she or Bobby had any clue about the dam yet). With this line of thinking Pyro would have been made an Xman if he'd just stayed at the "kid's table" with Bobby and Rogue. I think, if they are Xmen in X3 (before the final battle) then it would have happened some time in between, for other reasons than what happens in X2. I think it's more likely, however, that Bobby is an Xmen member with Kitty and Colossus when they go into the final battle in X3 - not before. Before that I think they have uniforms because they are in training, not because they are Xmen officially (if there is such a thing). If that's right, then Rogue never really is an official Xman in the movieverse. Sorry. *dodges rotten veggies thrown by Rogue fans*

I don't think Wolvie really even considers himself an Xman until going into the final battle in X3. My impression at the beginning of X3 is that he's in and out of the Mansion doing his own thing, not really a part of the team yet.

^ Rogue probably would have been allowed to become an X-Man for stepping up and stopping Pyro when lives were at stake. If she didn't intevene, the X-Men would have been responsible for the deaths of several police officers... and that's not good for business.

Iceman helped save Wolverine... if he did in fact need saving.

Both Iceman and Rogue demonstrated responsibility and their willingness to follow orders at the dam. That's necessary when working as a team.

^ Rogue probably would have been allowed to become an X-Man for stepping up and stopping Pyro when lives were at stake. If she didn't intevene, the X-Men would have been responsible for the deaths of several police officers... and that's not good for business.

Iceman helped save Wolverine... if he did in fact need saving.

Both Iceman and Rogue demonstrated responsibility and their willingness to follow orders at the dam. That's necessary when working as a team.

If those are the only reasons then there wouldn't have been the remark about getting their uniforms in a few years (can't remember exact quote, sorry). It's not enough to make them Xmen at that point. They needed time to mature and prove themselves - which either happened between films or at the end when joining the final battle.

I don't agree that they followed orders at the dam. That was the whole point of the "do you always do what you're told?" remark by Pyro followed by her looking at the controls (if I remember correctly). They don't do exactly what they're told. Fortunately it works out for them.

If those are the only reasons then there wouldn't have been the remark about getting their uniforms in a few years (can't remember exact quote, sorry). It's not enough to make them Xmen at that point. They needed time to mature and prove themselves - which either happened between films or at the end when joining the final battle.

That quote is by Wolverine, who is the last person to go to for taking a comment like that seriously (like he would know). As for becoming X-Men, it's not as though these characters have to jump through hoops of fire or undergo life threatening situations to become members of the team. It's stated in the first movie that upon graduation, students can either re-enter society as educated young people or become X-Men if they choose.

I don't agree that they followed orders at the dam. That was the whole point of the "do you always do what you're told?" remark by Pyro followed by her looking at the controls (if I remember correctly). They don't do exactly what they're told. Fortunately it works out for them.

Wolverine's comment means he didn't believe these students were mature enough or experienced enough to put themselves in dangerous situations. After all, they were just teenagers. We don't know what Danger Room training they'd had, but he felt they were too young to be X-Men. It's a view he expresses again at the start of X3, when they emerge from the Danger Room - 'They're not ready Storm.'

* And, yes, you're right - Rogue flying the jet round to where the X-Men were in X2 does seem like a plothole. How did she know they were there and that the dam was about to burst!? Why did Wolverine want to use the helicopter - which had gone - rather than get back to the X-jet? It's a rather bizarre scene.

But I would think they need to go through extra training beyond the regular classes at the school - such as danger room sessions, which I very much doubt all of the kids do. I would say that's reserved for Xmen candidates. I would also say that the Professor would want them to be be mature enough to make a decision which could put their lives in danger before they could join. Hence, the "upon graduation" part that you just quoted. They haven't graduated yet, they're not mature enough yet. They're still kids in X2.

If it's just a matter of saying you want to join without working for it or proving yourself then with that line of thinking, if Pyro wanted he could have been like "Yo! Prof! I'm an Xman now, 'Kay?" See how wrong that sounds? It can't possibly work that way. It's not something that should be automatically granted just because they want it. They should have to work for it.

Wolverine's comment means he didn't believe these students were mature enough or experienced enough to put themselves in dangerous situations. After all, they were just teenagers. We don't know what Danger Room training they'd had, but he felt they were too young to be X-Men. It's a view he expresses again at the start of X3, when they emerge from the Danger Room - 'They're not ready Storm.'

* And, yes, you're right - Rogue flying the jet round to where the X-Men were in X2 does seem like a plothole. How did she know they were there and that the dam was about to burst!? Why did Wolverine want to use the helicopter - which had gone - rather than get back to the X-jet? It's a rather bizarre scene.
He tried to use the helicopter because the spillway wasn't available, thus the way to the X-jet was blocked.

Maybe Rogue somehow knew the spillway was blocked with water too? :\ But yeah, I do think the fact she knew where they were was a plothole.

But I would think they need to go through extra training beyond the regular classes at the school - such as danger room sessions, which I very much doubt all of the kids do. I would say that's reserved for Xmen candidates. I would also say that the Professor would want them to be be mature enough to make a decision which could put their lives in danger before they could join. Hence, the "upon graduation" part that you just quoted. They haven't graduated yet, they're not mature enough yet. They're still kids in X2.

If it's just a matter of saying you want to join without working for it or proving yourself then with that line of thinking, if Pyro wanted he could have been like "Yo! Prof! I'm an Xman now, 'Kay?" See how wrong that sounds? It can't possibly work that way. It's not something that should be automatically granted just because they want it. They should have to work for it.

...and they have worked for it. In fact Colossus, Iceman, and Rogue have gone beyond the call of duty without having to be told to do so. They have each successfully risked their lives and made the right decisions in hostile and unpredictable real world environments, as opposed to the safety of Danger Room simulations. I mean, what are you expecting these characters to do? It's not like the comic books have ever offered great explanations as to why half of these characters become X-Men. And does anyone want to waste screen time to explain the detailed logic of how each one of these characters passes the X-Men test? What did Jean Grey do to prove herself an X-Man (in both the books and movies?) I don't know, and I don't particularly care. The fact is Colossus, Iceman, and Rogue have demonstrated the qualities of what it takes to be an effective X-Man. No one is saying that these three characters have ascended to the ranks of Cyclops and Storm… but they still are X-Men, if even X-Men in-training.

He tried to use the helicopter because the spillway wasn't available, thus the way to the X-jet was blocked.

Maybe Rogue somehow knew the spillway was blocked with water too? :\ But yeah, I do think the fact she knew where they were was a plothole.

ya, i wouldn't call it a plothole, either (that word gets way over used in fan debates lol)

what most likely happen in that scene was that rouge and bobby, (shortly after pyro left) saw the helicopter taking off, and tried to go after it (or figured there was a good reason that they where taking off so, fast) while passing over where they saw it take off from, they spotted the rest of the team and landed to pick them up
or somthing like that maybe, idk

I didn't say they didn't prove themselves and become full fledged Xman eventually, on the contrary, Rogue is the only one I would question there and I'm not really concerned about it either way. I just said they didn't in course of X2 become full fledged Xmen and I think they are "in training" after that, if not by the events of X2. It's entirely possible they became Xmen between 2 and 3 for other reasons, including Rogue, after graduating and further training etc.

As for the other, I am just answering the question posted. I don't really feel any need to see it explained on screen, I'm just giving my honest opinion to the question. I'm sorry if you don't agree.

I see what you're saying. I guess I'm just of the notion that an X-Man is pretty much an X-Man whether he/she is in training or not.

ya, i wouldn't call it a plothole, either (that word gets way over used in fan debates lol)

what most likely happen in that scene was that rouge and bobby, (shortly after pyro left) saw the helicopter taking off, and tried to go after it (or figured there was a good reason that they where taking off so, fast) while passing over where they saw it take off from, they spotted the rest of the team and landed to pick them up
or somthing like that maybe, idk
In the original script, Storm teaches Rogue how to fly the plane before they leave the jet, in case they need her to get them somewhere else. If this scene was kept, the problem would pretty much be solved. Since they don't know 100% of the underground base, it makes sense for them to be forced to leave through another place. I think it was cut because they wanted to show Rogue doing something she wasn't told to, following what Pyro said to her. If the scene was kept, his line wouldn't make as much sense as it made for her.

I would like to be an Xman, in training of course.

In the original script, Storm teaches Rogue how to fly the plane before they leave the jet, in case they need her to get them somewhere else. If this scene was kept, the problem would pretty much be solved. Since they don't know 100% of the underground base, it makes sense for them to be forced to leave through another place. I think it was cut because they wanted to show Rogue doing something she wasn't told to, following what Pyro said to her. If the scene was kept, his line wouldn't make as much sense as it made for her.
That's a good point. I never connected his comment to her actions before.

I don't quite remember, how was it first revealed that the spillway was blocked? Is it possible that Rogue overheard?

I didn't say they didn't prove themselves and become full fledged Xman eventually, on the contrary, Rogue is the only one I would question there and I'm not really concerned about it either way.
Why would you question Rogue as an X-Man? She showed control over her powers by taking Pyro's and stopping his chaos without causing any injury, and she showed bravery by flying the Blackbird to save the team.

Colossus, of course, showed leadership and bravery by fighting the attackers and getting the kids to safety.

Kitty showed control of powers and bravery by stealing Stryker's documents.

Bobby showed... Uh... What did Bobby show?

That's a good point. I never connected his comment to her actions before.

I don't quite remember, how was it first revealed that the spillway was blocked? Is it possible that Rogue overheard?
The X-Men actually try to leave through the spillway (I can clearly remember Storm saying "We have to get out through the spillway!") but Stryker tells Logan that his friends will die no matter what. He goes back and blocks the door right when they would enter the spillway to leave, and thus they would be obliterated by the water.

I don't think Rogue could know, unless they left one of those ear pieces on the Jet, and she knew everything that was going on inside the dam. Unfortch, they didn't show this.

Some things you just need to believe happened to keep the films we see intact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"