The DAY they became a X-MAN

Oh yeah I mean Bobby is at best a 3

I think he'd have to be a 4. After all, Pyro is a 4 and we did see Bobby defeat him at Alcatraz. How could a Class 3 mutant beat a Class 4?

I think he'd have to be a 4. After all, Pyro is a 4 and we did see Bobby defeat him at Alcatraz. How could a Class 3 mutant beat a Class 4?

Pyro is a 4. Ah I see is that in movie land or comic land?

Pyro is a 4. Ah I see is that in movie land or comic land?
Movie Land. When Callistomet them, she said that Magneto and Pyro were the only two mutants in the building who were above class three.

I thought that sounds a bit fishy, yes OK if I switch my brain to the movie logic it fits :)

If Bobby had better training than Pyro, he could win even at a class lower. After all, Logan is one of the most powerful mutants the X-Men have, even though he's only a class 2 or 3.

Yes power levels are not 100%t the final factor. I mean Logan technicaly beat Jean at the end of X3.

If Bobby had better training than Pyro, he could win even at a class lower. After all, Logan is one of the most powerful mutants the X-Men have, even though he's only a class 2 or 3.

How do you know Logan is a class 2 or 3? :huh:

Yes power levels are not 100%t the final factor. I mean Logan technicaly beat Jean at the end of X3.

I thought someone might crop this up, but Jean made a sacrifice; she knew she could easily overcome Wolverine, but what would that accomplish? She had "killed" the man she loves, her mentor and countless innocents. By letting Wolverine get close to her, letting him deliver the killing stroke, she would be free, and not be responsible for the deaths of any more loved ones.

How do you know Logan is a class 2 or 3? :huh:
It's more of a common sense thing to me. His only mutations are heightened senses and quick healing. Heck, Callisto said that the guy who could grow back limbs was Class 3 or lower! does that put him on par with Magneto or Pyro? No way. As mutations go, his is pretty weak. It's a cool power and very useful, but no way would it put him on par with Storm, Rogue, or even the powers Bobby has demonstrated (which may be less than his potential). It's his adamantium skeleton and claws and his martial arts training that make him so deadly.

I thought someone might crop this up, but Jean made a sacrifice; she knew she could easily overcome Wolverine, but what would that accomplish? She had "killed" the man she loves, her mentor and countless innocents. By letting Wolverine get close to her, letting him deliver the killing stroke, she would be free, and not be responsible for the deaths of any more loved ones.

Yeah the Jean lets him in excuse is fine with me. But the fact is the jean line in the movie was written much differently than the comics. I do not think Phoenix would not of let that happen.

It's more of a common sense thing to me. His only mutations are heightened senses and quick healing. Heck, Callisto said that the guy who could grow back limbs was Class 3 or lower! does that put him on par with Magneto or Pyro? No way. As mutations go, his is pretty weak. It's a cool power and very useful, but no way would it put him on par with Storm, Rogue, or even the powers Bobby has demonstrated (which may be less than his potential). It's his adamantium skeleton and claws and his martial arts training that make him so deadly.

Actually his power is very strong. Given his healing skills he has almost superior strength and speed as his muscles never wear down he can train to a strength far greater than a human.

Actually his power is very strong. Given his healing skills he has almost superior strength and speed as his muscles never wear down he can train to a strength far greater than a human.
Definitely good powers to have, but I don't think it's as good as some of the others. I mean, Pyro could burn down a block with just a thought. Rogue can immobilize people with a touch and possess any power she wants with that same touch. Storm can command a fleet of tornadoes to form out of thin air. I don't think his powers are on par with any of these, and I don't even know the class of Rogue or Storm in the movies.

Definitely good powers to have, but I don't think it's as good as some of the others. I mean, Pyro could burn down a block with just a thought. Rogue can immobilize people with a touch and possess any power she wants with that same touch. Storm can command a fleet of tornadoes to form out of thin air. I don't think his powers are on par with any of these, and I don't even know the class of Rogue or Storm in the movies.

Yeah it is true that these mutants have a greater chance of doing damage to Wolverine but Wolverines defensive abilities are so great it would be hard to really finish him off. I think that given his defensive skills are so much greater it puts him on par with Storm, Pyro etc.. where they are strong attackers he is strong in defense and vise versa.

Yeah it is true that these mutants have a greater chance of doing damage to Wolverine but Wolverines defensive abilities are so great it would be hard to really finish him off. I think that given his defensive skills are so much greater it puts him on par with Storm, Pyro etc.. where they are strong attackers he is strong in defense and vise versa.
That's a good point. I guess it depends on how they consider purely defensive mutations like quick healing in terms of mutant class. I don't think it's as strong because, like Storm said, "the best defense is a good offense" :cwink:

That's a good point. I guess it depends on how they consider purely defensive mutations like quick healing in terms of mutant class. I don't think it's as strong because, like Storm said, "the best defense is a good offense" :cwink:

In deed, to keep Wolverine down you must have enough power where to keep him from getting to you cause if he does it all over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"