Rogue is a useless character...

H

Haw

hey all, 1st post here. didn't really see much on Rogue so sorry if it's been said before...

what is up w/ this character? this will be the 3rd movie she's been in and guess what? no flying, no super strength and let's be honest, not the looker or body type we're used to in the comics. all she's good for is overacting and NOT using her powers.

she's worse than any other character interpretation in this xmen series by far.

She doesn't need to fly or have superstength in order to be interesting...She wasn't even in X-Man in X1 and X2 so you can throw all of that out right now..(since she has no real need for her mutant powers offensively/defensively if she wasn't one, thus giving her flight and superstrength would be pointless)

Wait for X3 and see what they do with her character then...After that, you can do as much complaining as you want.. :D

Welcome to the Hype!...I hope you stick around!

-TNC

Rogues a call character in the films!!!!!!!

yeah she has no point.. i wish they started off with kitty in X-1

the whole wolverine and kitty relationship in the comics kicked ass

Rogue has been understated in the first two movies-but she is not and never will be a useless character.She did do stuff and i'm sure now she's on the team in x3 she will kick ass.

I feel sad when they casted Anna Paquin, will never see the Real Rogue in the movies.

I feel Rogue has been somewhat useless...I think her main use was in X1, to show the hardships a teenager goes through when he/she becomes a mutant..connecting it to Real Life. But other than that, useless. I'm not sure why she was chosen to be so central and yet not given any special characteristics for the most part.

Rogue needs Gambit! He'll make her sassy and aware of her sexy side. Plus it'll make Rogue more confident thus making her more like comic Rogue. Comic Rogue is so cool.

Psht.

"Useless character". I'm guessing the only thing you care about is the fighting then.

Haw said:
hey all, 1st post here. didn't really see much on Rogue so sorry if it's been said before...

what is up w/ this character? this will be the 3rd movie she's been in and guess what? no flying, no super strength and let's be honest, not the looker or body type we're used to in the comics. all she's good for is overacting and NOT using her powers.

she's worse than any other character interpretation in this xmen series by far.

Ditto 'bout Rogue being the most useless! That's what I've though of her since X2 came out. Over a year ago I started a poll asking which character is the most useless in the movies and Rogue got the most amount of votes!:) That shows most people around here must think the same way about her. The majority of the fabricator agrees with you anyway.

Besides I didn't like Singer using Rogue in the role Kitty played in the comics. He hasn't really done much with the character besides make her a whiny side-kick. So yeah, she was a waste.

Well, whininess has always been Rogue's strongest point, along with her ridiculously overdrawn Southern Drawl!

I like Rogue's ridiculously overdrawn southern drawl.:( Either way this Rogue hasn't done much. At least in the comics Rogue fought in-between whining!

Trigger said:
Besides I didn't like Singer using Rogue in the role Kitty played in the comics. He hasn't really done much with the character besides make her a whiny side-kick. So yeah, she was a waste.

I didn't like that one bit either. I've read from certain sources (not sure if their still online) that Rogue's role in the movies originally was meant to be Kitty Pryde's role. It was written as her role in early drafts. But that was only before Bryan Stinker was hired.:down I've also heard if Joss Whedon, Matthew Vaughn, Brett Ratner, Guillermo Del Toro and many others had helmed X1 to begin with Kitty Pryde would've been the one in that role! I mean these are guys who did their homework and actually cared about doing things more accurately here! That's why for this reason I wish one of them had helmed X1. Anyway, the only reason they tweaked it into Rogue's role at the last minute was b/c of her popularity. Which I think was a totally stupid and pathetic reason why.:o

psylockolussus said:
I feel sad when they casted Anna Paquin, will never see the Real Rogue in the movies.
What does Anna Paquin have anything to do with it?...

-TNC

White_Howling said:
yeah she has no point.. i wish they started off with kitty in X-1
But isn't Rogue a more popular character?...Would Kitty create a tie-in with Magneto's plot and the climatic ending just as dramatic? I seriously doubt that...I couldn't imagine how it could've gone without Rogue being there..

-TNC

TNC9852002 said:
What does Anna Paquin have anything to do with it?...

-TNC

I think that's psylockolussus way of saying Anna Paquin was the wrong kind of actress for the part. I for one will say Paquin is one of those timid and frail looking actresses that I can't believe as an action heroine.

TNC9852002 said:
But isn't Rogue a more popular character?...Would Kitty create a tie-in with Magneto's plot and the climatic ending just as dramatic? I seriously doubt that...I couldn't imagine how it could've gone without Rogue being there..

-TNC

Why do you think popularity matters more than accuracy??? Magneto did threaten to kill Kitty Pryde once back in the 80's (can't remember what issue) soon after she joined the x-men. So I think there could have been a tie-in between her and Magneto. Maybe you should try harder on imagining how it would've been without Rogue. I sure can.

Why does popularity matter more than accuracy? Are you NUTS or just stupid? :confused:

Not to mention, as was stated, Rogue's mutation provided a plot point that Kitty Pryde could never have provided, because Magneto wanted to use her to power his machine.

I think most of you people are just too eager for instant gratification at the sacrifice of story. You'd rather have Rogue start off with all her powers and be the exact same person she is now rather than let her grow into it as she has been doing.

I think giving her flight and super strength is unlikely, and would probably cause infringement issues since the powers she stole came from a character who has viability in an entirely different movie franchise. But really... give the character time to grow! God damn, you people really need to learn about a virtue called patience.

Cyclops said:
Why does popularity matter more than accuracy? Are you NUTS or just stupid? :confused:

Not to mention, as was stated, Rogue's mutation provided a plot point that Kitty Pryde could never have provided, because Magneto wanted to use her to power his machine.

I think most of you people are just too eager for instant gratification at the sacrifice of story. You'd rather have Rogue start off with all her powers and be the exact same person she is now rather than let her grow into it as she has been doing.

I think giving her flight and super strength is unlikely, and would probably cause infringement issues since the powers she stole came from a character who has viability in an entirely different movie franchise. But really... give the character time to grow! God damn, you people really need to learn about a virtue called patience.

No need to reply to everything you just said so I'll say this. Your only making up these idiotic excuses in order to defend a character that you like. If Kitty Pryde had been in that role you and everyone else wouldn't even be imagining how it would've been if Rogue had been the one. Many of us are eager for instant gratification b/c it's how comic Rogue was almost always portrayed. A full prepaired x-man going with the team on dangerous missions. Why bother letting this wannabe grow when the X3 trailer doesn't show her doing anything but looking upset? So do me a favor and don't tell us what to do b/c no matter what you say we're not gonna agree with you on this.

Moving on. For those of you (such as myself) who would really love to see the comic Rogue actually shown on screen; forget about that happening in the movies (since X3 is said to be the last one)! Just be hopeful that will happen if they ever make x-men into a live action TV show someday in the near future.

I don't feel like doing you any favors. Nor have I told you what to do.

The fundamentals of Rogue are in the movies: her power, Southern w/accent, her hair(by the end of X1) and thats about it.

If the movies were "accurate" to the comics(even though the comics aren't always accurate to each other) the Shi'ar would show up in X3, Wolverine would be hitting on the young girls, every female character would be played by a Playboy model, and every guy character would be played by a wrestler. Of course they would also need plenty of spandex, especially yellow for Wolverine(which makes so much sense for a character with a assassin/military background), etc.

Th bottom line is these movies are based off of the comics, not direct adaptations.

Ichi said:
If the movies were "accurate" to the comics(even though the comics aren't always accurate to each other) the Shi'ar would show up in X3, Wolverine would be hitting on the young girls, every female character would be played by a Playboy model, and every guy character would be played by a wrestler. Of course they would also need plenty of spandex, especially yellow for Wolverine(which makes so much sense for a character with a assassin/military background), etc.

Th bottom line is these movies are based off of the comics, not direct adaptations.

Look I said "more" accurate and more does NOT mean "exactly" accurate. It's like Daredevil, Elektra and Batman in the movies don't wear costumes exactly accurate to their comic costumes but they look more accurate. Just think about this one simple detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"