X4: Realist Takes A Look at the option

I don't know how they would pick up with an X4 . . . Simply resurrecting characters begins to lose its appeal fast . . . and bringing them back serves to cheapen the impact of potential future "dramatic" moments, because no one will believe it has a lasting impact if it actually does happen.

I have no idea what storylines they would use . . . at least ones that would make sense and have some sort of emotional arc to them. X3 seems to be having trouble convincing people of it's emotional depth and it contained two of the most potentially emotional storylines in the 40+ year history of the X-Men.

The two main characters that serve as heavy plot devices in other arcs are gone . . . so I don't know.

I think a good X4 would be difficult to pull off.

BMM, why dont you just admit that you yearn for Fenris?

Heretic said:
Scott Summers has optic blasts and the ability to survive being blown to bits by Phoenix??

X4 opens with Phoenix kissing scott and scott being drained (that's the last thing I remember seeing), then real jean realises what she's doing and flips out.

Scott is flung into the woods and is unconscious NOT dead. Jean also knocks herself out (about here is where the scene cuts to Scott awaking from a nightmare/flashback in the X-mansion) so for all she can remember she DID kill Scott. And that's where storm and logan find her.

hope that makes sense.

Heretic said:
BMM, why dont you just admit that you yearn for Fenris?

Haha. Wow. I think I completely forgot about Fenris. Are they even around anymore?

they are still around in the hearts and minds of children everywhere

in other words, I have no clue pal

BMM said:
I don't know how they would pick up with an X4 . . . Simply resurrecting characters begins to lose its appeal fast . . . and bringing them back serves to cheapen the impact of potential future "dramatic" moments, because no one will believe it has a lasting impact if it actually does happen.

I have no idea what storylines they would use . . . at least ones that would make sense and have some sort of emotional arc to them. X3 seems to be having trouble convincing people of it's emotional depth and it contained two of the most potentially emotional storylines in the 40+ year history of the X-Men.

The two main characters that serve as heavy plot devices in other arcs are gone . . . so I don't know.

I think a good X4 would be difficult to pull off.

I agree completely. And I think my plot idea tries to make up for all of that. I don't know if it does it successfully but I think the X-men franchise has enough heart to pick up the pieces and move forward.

sidkumar said:
X4 opens with Phoenix kissing scott and scott being drained (that's the last thing I remember seeing), then real jean realises what she's doing and flips out.

Scott is flung into the woods and is unconscious NOT dead. Jean also knocks herself out (about here is where the scene cuts to Scott awaking from a nightmare/flashback in the X-mansion) so for all she can remember she DID kill Scott. And that's where storm and logan find her.

hope that makes sense.

thats what i thought as well

does she actually say at any point that she killed him, or does wolverine simply imply it and she agress because those are two totally different things...

Rogue / Magneto will for sure get their powers back. I'm still wondering about Mystique if she can turn into anyone she must be able to use that person's powers if not she for sure will not be a mutant again.

X-4 we will for sure see Apacolypse.

We will most likely see Sinister (should of been in X-3). Probably see Cable as a child.

Gambit a possibility.

One thing for sure Storm takes over as leader.

---

One thing that I still do not get if they do bring Sinister into X-4 only person that was able to stop him was Cyclops. Cyclops died in X-3 (that we know of).

TNC9852002 said:
There were too many loose ends and "closures" on too many characters in X3 for them to make a smooth and cohesive X4 with a complete story. There's not much else they could do with this current installment, IMO...

-TNC
agreed.

i wouldnt mind seeing a new team (colossus, iceman, kitty, angel, etc.) but they dont really have a leader, Storm would be Headmistress at the school, Logan's....Logan. i suppose they could introduce havoc, but whose gonna trust a new guy/kid to be a leader.

but i really would have liked to see Hellfire's Club in an X-Men film, but the way X3 was so grand and final, i really dont see how they could top that kind of conflict/threat.

and if they tried some BS like bringing in a new actor to play Xavier and saying "No I am Xavier" i would kick Avi Arad in the throat.

if their is an X4 its time for Apoclaypse/Sinister....only the strond should survive, Trask gets a hold of Styker's Sentinels, and a battle to end all battels
*Mystique/Magneto livin normal lives Apocalpyse comes along n offers them their powers again..gr8 conflict wit Mystique becomes she's become accostumed to her new life wit Rogue(read my other post)..of course Magneto jumps on board,but he doesnt get his full power back only a little since Apoc is the most powerfull mutant on Earth, so good conflict him n can he take given orders this time around...
*Storm bein the head mistress/n her dutie as a X-men r startin to conflict
* I really like plot of XMen Legends 2 game so this should follow that story line
*Prof. X livin wit Miora an once word of Apocalyspe he struggles with livin the life he led or livin the life he has now with Moira
*the younger XMen improving their game with Jub's dowin an uniform
*Angel has taken over his fathers empire afte his fathers death, n the companies senior staff doesn't like cause he's a mutant sparking Angel's anger towards humans and wondering wether he should've taken the cure...somwhere in this story he becomes ArcAngel
*the 4 horsemen Mikhail is one of them good conflict w/Colossue whether to fight his own brother
*show Logan adjustin to his new role as teacher/leader some conflict with Bobby, how Bobby thinks he should be team leader
*new students I like the ones from XMen:Evo...
The story for X4 should be like this....Sice the events on Alcatraz humans and mutants have learn to live in peace...Humans are learing from Mutants and Mutants are learning from Humans, but as usual their are still a few bad seeds..Mr.Sinister has went on a quest to help him find a mutant who power suprasses that of Jean Grey to help him conquer the world...he finds the world's first mutant....En Sabah Nur/Apocalyspe...After being imprisoned for 5,000yrs the first born has a plan to set back human/mutant relations in a battle only the strong should survive....get ready to face the APOCALYSPE!

X4: Rise of Apocalyspe 05-16-2008

not bad, huh?

Maybe they can work out a Days of Future Past type storyline for X4. Think about it, old Kitty in the future can possess young Kitty during the events of X1 to save Senator Kelly. That way, at least for one movie anyway, Cyke, Jean and the Prof are all back. The focus would be on saving Kelly BEFORE Mags gets to him, so the action would be different and it wouldn't feel as much like a rehash of X1. Also, they can argue that changing the past affects the events of the future and somehow prevents Jean from becoming Phoenix and therefore killing Scott and Charles. This could set the stage for someone to do a GOOD Phoenix saga later, though I doubt they'd do that twice. But it would "fix" things for the time being and restore the classic X-lineup (though it is kind of a cop out).

I've got more ideas!!! lol
*Mags doesnt like bein bossed around he goes and find his old teammates; Juggs, Pyro, Gambit who r bein held in prison an he calls them the Acolytes
*Mags/Mystique have their little argument,yes raven goes bak to the life she had
*The XMen gets a little taste of Apocalyspe's power and the Acolytes/X-Men have to team up to stop him
* 4 horsmen should be Mystique,Mikhail,Angel,Sinister
*sorry guys no rogue from the comic books she's cured and livin her new life with Gambit whose a college student by day theif by nite...Rogue doesnt he's a mutant until he gets caught doin sum mischeif...her role is a small cameo that of Mystique's in X3
*Xavier reveals(emotional moment) himself and he gets on the action this time think of the XMen:Evo season 3 finale, with Beast's help they find out Apocalyspes origin its time to make their move..
* at the end Xavier sees how well Storm/Logan has been handeling the school and is quite pleased that his students have surpassed him...n he has chose to to stay or live with Moira....

I'm pretty sure that it this succeeds at the box office and beats out the FICITIONAL Da Vinci Code, we will get an X4. Juggernaut actor already said he has a contract for a fourth and fifth movie. Besides, there are hundreds of other Xmen characters.

I'm thinking that if they do make another sequal, Rogue losing her powers might be a good way to have her gain her powers of flight, super-strength, and invulnerability. Since the cure seems temporary, maybe she would be touching a mutant with those powers and her powers kick back in and she accidentilly kills that mutant and permanently absorbs there powers. Hopefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"