Ronald D. Moore to Adapt Outlander series for TV

Excellent teaser.

I've read the first book a couple of months ago and it was better than I expected. While the romance does take a large portion of the book, it's also full of humor, adventure and history. The latter being one of my favorite parts of the book, the vivid description of life in 18th century Scotland is interesting to read. With the series in more than capable hands of Moore, I'm sure the result will be fantastic.

tumblr_n59l30NKQw1sy57vho1_500.jpg

August, though? :cmad:

Yeah thats some BS. This should have premiered the week after the Da Vinci's Demons finale.

Yeah thats some BS. This should have premiered the week after the Da Vinci's Demons finale.

They're going to premiere Power (the one 50 Cent produced) after Da Vinci's Demons.

Well, finally we have a premiere date. Also, the poster is great but I can do without the tagline.

Bear McCreary's doing the score. :up:

New Full Trailer
[YT]KAS01FFj1fQ[/YT]

Opening Credits and Theme
[YT]aSppjlCIDU8[/YT]

Is the women singing in the opening titles the same woman that sang in the opening titles of Battlestar Galactica? It sounds like it's the same woman.

Last edited:
Episode 1 is now available on Starz YouTube channel.

The books never really sounded like my kinda thing and the trailers do nothing for me, but I'm gonna check this out because A.) Ron Moore still at least warrants a first look from me, B.) The reviews are pretty good, and C.) I'm desperate for new stuff to watch this summer.

Also, I've been getting free Starz from my cable provider over the last several months for no apparent reason, so maybe it's fate, lol.

Watched it and really enjoyed it. Im in it for the long run thus far.

Yep. Just finished watching it on Youtube. Liked it alot.

Just watched the pilot and though it was pretty darn good. Will continue. :up:

Good production values. Wasn't exactly a thrilling premier, but I'm gonna stick around.

I'm almost done reading the first book, and I'm curious to see what kind of changes they make to the narrative. One strange one I noticed
in the premiere was Frank seeing the 18th century Highlander shade looking at Claire in town. I don't remember that happening in the book, and I'm curious to see if that is of significance.

Last edited:
Solid premiere. The female lead is very likable. I haven't read the books but it seems like the romance part is a big part of it but I hope it doesn't go too much into the cheesy romance department later on.

http://tvline.com/2014/08/11/outlander-premiere-ratings-record/
Ratings: Outlander Ayes a Starz Record, Proves to Be Gender-Neutral Fare
By Matt Webb Mitovich

Great Scots!

Starz’s time-travel romance Outlander on Saturday night premiered to an audience of 720,000, and over the course of the weekend amassed 2.3 million total viewers.

With another 1.4 million factored in — via advanced online and On Demand plays — Starz puts the multi-platform premiere audience at 3.7 million, a network high for a series launch.
TVLine readers gave the premiere an average grade of “A-.”

Starz also notes that of the weekend audience, 45 percent of viewers were male.

By comparison, Starz’s previous series premiere, Black Sails, drew 850K to its initial broadcast, amassed 2.6 mil over the opening weekend and totaled 3.5 million with On Demand/online plays factored in.

Just watched the first ep. It started off pretty slow - but i'll stick around. Anxious to see where this all leads.

Saw a tweet from someone at Variety saying this had been picked up for season 2, but the link came up with a "Page Not Found", so I wonder if there might be news to come tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"