RPG Application: The All-Star Marvel Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Dramatic Example
Reaction score
Gamemasters/Assistant Gamemasters already chosen: Batman, Johnny Blaze, Syn (Mercenary), Blacklight

Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? (i.e MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ect.) And if so, what is your screenname?: allstarbatman - YIM, [email protected] - MSN

How will the overall layout of the RPG be?: Ongoing, GM-Designated, Player Controlled Continuity

It'll be essentially what the current incarnation of the Ultimate DC RPG is - a brand new universe set in the modern day, based three years after some prominent characters' origins already transpired. Who these characters are and what their origins were will be up to the players themselves, who ultimately have free reign with whoever they decide to play.

Premise of RPG: It all began in the harsh winter of 1940, when a young colonel by the name of Nicolas Fury oversaw the birth of America's last line of defense - The Super Soldier. As a bi-product of the infant organization known as SHIELD, a young patriot was selected for the process that was hoped to generate an army of superhuman warriors that would steer the war out of Germany's hands. But instead of several, they only got one. And he would become the standard for which every follower would be judged upon.

Steve Rogers, the iconic hero during the Last Great War, practically willed the Allies to victory in World War II. Sadly, America lost it's symbol of freedom when their "Captain America" was murdered in his own home in nineteen-sixty-eight. Some suspected anti-war terrorists who opposed the Vietnam War, but the case was never solved. Cap's only family, his wife Gail and son James, were left to grieve and pick up the pieces of a shattered life. After a failed run to keep Roger's memory alive with a squadron called The Invaders, Nick Fury disbanded the team and disappeared, seemingly putting an end to his era of SHIELD.

The death of Captain America, on top of the war slipping away in Vietnam, left much of America weary and at a loss. But some bold visionaries stepped to the forefront to help their country out of it's dire position. Master inventor and business mogul Howard Stark came forward and offered his help. His company, the fast-rising Stark Industries, signed a extremely lucrative military contract to become the country's leading supply in the business of warfare. And the reason Stark Industries was chosen above the multitude of other was the Iron Men: robot soldiers equipped with the highest grade of combat systems that only Howard's genius could create.

In the early 1990's, Professor Charles Xavier was a prominent face on the political frontline in the growing mutant problem. A supporter of the Mutant Registration Act, Xavier was the strongest voice in getting the proposed MRA made into law. Sadly though, the Professor, who had spent his life working with mutants, died before seeing the Act come to pass. Xavier's one-time friend, Erik Lensherr, who was also the acts strongest opposition, went underground. Over the years the act has been enforced, Magneto has provided a safe haven for frightened and hunted mutants, and has been fighting a war with the US government that oppresses his people.

Now, The United States has decided to fight back. At the newly founded Xavier Institute, the government trains and teaches mutants how to use their powers safely and effectively. The mutants that show the most potential are then conscripted into The X-Men, the elite branch of mutant soldiers of the United States military. Among this battle also sees the return of SHIELD's forces, now renamed HAMMER and led by an eager young woman named Sharon Carter - Director 13. Their mission is one of grave importance, and may affect the history of the world itself: To return Captain America, one way or another.

With many heroes and villains on the rise, it is only a matter of time until the world will know how it feels... to look upon Marvels.

What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences): With Ultimate Marvel gone, it was clear that there needed to be a replacement for the now. A cleaner continuity was the unanimous vote for an RPG's concept, so here we are.

Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose: All-Star Marvel

(As a sort of play on the fact that our answer to a DC continuity-free RPG is based on a Marvel brand - Ultimate)

Example Of Characters Application:
asmlogo.png

Character you would like to play:

Powers:

Basic history of the character (Up until this point):

Why Have You Chosen That Character?:

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character (IE: How are you changing him or her?):

Two Complete Sentences Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player):

Please provide a small sample post in the format you wish to portray your character in (Minimum three paragraphs/one line of dialogue, maximum six paragraphs):

Let me just start off by saying that no one's entitled to 'dibs'. I already know of alot of people are vying for the same role, so we'll just see how it turns out when/if the OOC thread is made. You're free to state who you've got your eye on, but everyone's got a fair shot.

I'll be taking my chances with Captain America here, rather than the 60's RPG. We'll be allowing second characters, so my secondary shot will be for Cyclops.

Last edited:
I'll definitely be putting an app up for one Peter Parker, I know that. Maybe Thor too.

Wow. Loving the concept. So many choices...Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Iron Man...

Oh yeah. I think this'll work out just fine. :cwink:

Interesting idea, making the X-Men into feds... I've got a few ideas. Maybe as Spidey, although he seems to b e getting a lot of attention lately. Might also play either Tony Stark or Reed Richards.

Definately in. I too have my sights set on Spider-Man primarily, as well as Iron Man

****. Looks like everyone wants either Spider-Man or Iron Man. Hmmm... could one of the GMs PM me? I have a few questions...

Spider-Man and Ironman don't interest me at all....anyone touch Daredevil, you're ****ing dead. :yay:

I'm still deciding on a second character. Cap is my only definite app.

I will fight every last one of you to the death over Spider-Man :cmad:

Failing that, though, I do have one or two other fun concepts to play around with. Especially if I get my hands on Nick Fury.

Last edited:
You know what? I don't think I'll f*** around with Spidey or Iron Man. Too much competition, too much stress, and - frankly - too many other opportunities waiting to be explored. (Now, if only I could narrow those down...:oldrazz:)

To be honest, I think the 60s Marvel RPG is a much better idea. Is that still going to get off the ground with this running alongside it?

My two main choices were Spider-Man (the most popular) and Captain America (which Batman seems to have plans for). I'm thinking of going for Tony, since I can transfer my Avengers ideas to him.

To be honest, I think the 60s Marvel RPG is a much better idea. Is that still going to get off the ground with this running alongside it?

That's the plan. I'm going to be playing in both.

My two main choices were Spider-Man (the most popular) and Captain America (which Batman seems to have plans for). I'm thinking of going for Tony, since I can transfer my Avengers ideas to him.

Batman has plans for everything...always watching...always watching...:csad:

Anyway, I'm toying with a couple ideas.

Here's one for Peter Parker. Peter is the star football player. He lives with mom and dad who are both very wealthy. His uncle is an adventure seeking billionare who is the paradigm of health. He was shot once but caught the bullet with his teeth. He does get super powers but uses them to give the math club wedgies. They fear his war cry: NERDS! :oldrazz:

Got a few ideas in mind, most definitely :D

Word. Got nine interested parties, by my count. That's definitely a good start.

And if you still have any questions, Q, feel free to PM me.

Along with DD, I wouldn't mind playing a Spidey-villain. Although, the temptation to play Captain Stacy like Dirty Harry is highly appealing.

That's the plan. I'm going to be playing in both.
Then I'm going to have to object. The chance of being RPGs being able to run successfully alongside each other is slim. I suggest we choose the one or the other.

Then I'm going to have to object. The chance of being RPGs being able to run successfully alongside each other is slim. I suggest we choose the one or the other.

Okay. Well, if we end up doing that I vote for the 60s RPG. But I'd like to take a crack at both.

That's what worries me. But if come down to one, I can do that. I have ideas for both...as much as it hurts not to have Luke Cage and T'Challa leading the Black Panthers. :csad:

Well, if we have to choose, '60s is inherently cooler. Also, I'm not gonna lie, I'm considering playing an X-Man and I'm not too keen on the "Xavier's dead and the X-Men are feds" angle.

I can work with either concept, but, if I had to pick one, I'd go with All-Star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"