• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Runaways/Young Avengers

deemar325 said:
Patriot becoming the leader he should be.

Why should he be leader?

I think he makes a better field commander

Elijya said:
Chase? Chase has been a total dick towards him
Not the last few issues. When everyone was ready to kill him because they thought he was a traitor, Chase was the first one to stick up for him. They've had a budding friendship for a few months now.

Yeah, I think Chase was mostly just ragging on him because he was a threat to Chase's alpha male status. It had to have been weird readjusting to another guy's presence after he'd gotten comfortable being the Runaways' only male.

Even though RUNAWAYS/YOUNG AVENGERS sort of spilled the beans on who is "safe" in the RUNAWAYS's latest arc (Nico, Victor, and Karolina basically), that's not the fault of the writers or artists, but Marvel's overzealous solict campaign to build "hype", regardless of how much it kills a storyline's surprises. They absolutely GUTTED an already mediocre DEADLY GENESIS like that, and if I know modern Marvel, its that they've never met a mistake that wasn't worth repeating.

I'm looking foward to the series, although I'll miss BKV or Heinberg on writing chores. I hope CW doesn't gut both teams, because the creation of the new characters in both (as well as amping up pre-existing ones like Cassie Lang and the Excelsior squad) has been the bright spot in a few Marvel years of constant depression, destruction, and "disassembling" in the name of shock value sales.

It would be good to see Excelsior again, and Ricochet not only would have to react to Proidgy's arrest, but the death of Hornet at the hands of a brainwashed Wolverine. I've noticed that a lot of the heroes on the anti-registration side have usually been the younger ones, and they are the ones who seem to be affected the worst. The only positive to CW so far is that surviving D-Listers may be able to piggyback it into greatness. When was the last time NEW WARRIORS or ex-Slingers were being shown in a major Marvel event? Hell, the NW got canned before even Onslaught was underway.

I like the rosters as they are, so I really don't want a swap. I'd like interaction, though.

Darthphere said:
Whats the difference?

One decides the direction of the team in general and the other decides the teams actions on the battlefield

I'd love to see one of the Runaways jump ship to the Young Avengers, or the other way around. Nico could go to YA, and play homewrecker there too. lol j/k

But I am kind of curious how these two teams get together, knowing that serious strokes of pride is going to get in the way.

if victor stays alive that is

Vision will probably make the observation that he's a synthoid, and then say he's also sympathetic to Ultron designs, then reveal his original body was made by Ultron. Probably nothing super exciting.

Mistress Gluon said:
I'd love to see one of the Runaways jump ship to the Young Avengers, or the other way around. Nico could go to YA, and play homewrecker there too. lol j/k

But I am kind of curious how these two teams get together, knowing that serious strokes of pride is going to get in the way.
Basically, I'm assuming that Cap sends the YA to recruit the Runaways. Cloak is on the resistence's side, and he's had interaction with the Runaways before, so he'll probably be their source of transportation.

COMICBOY said:
if victor stays alive that is

considering he's shown in covers for the mini, it's a sage bet to say he doesn't die.

Mistress Gluon said:
Vision will probably make the observation that he's a synthoid, and then say he's also sympathetic to Ultron designs, then reveal his original body was made by Ultron. Probably nothing super exciting.
That's not quite the case with this Vision, though. He's not a synthezoid, for one thing. He's a sentient suit of 30th-century armor. The only real relation he has to Vic is that his core programming is based on the previous Vision's, which was in turn made by Vic's daddy Ultron. So that'd kinda sorta make the Young Avengers' Vision Victor's nephew more than anything else.

Android relations are so confusing. :(

TheCorpulent1 said:
That's not quite the case with this Vision, though. He's not a synthezoid, for one thing. He's a sentient suit of 30th-century armor. The only real relation he has to Vic is that his core programming is based on the previous Vision's, which was in turn made by Vic's daddy Ultron. So that'd kinda sorta make the Young Avengers' Vision Victor's nephew more than anything else.

Android relations are so confusing. :(

I used synthoid for lack of a better term. Artificial life form was just too long for me to type, and synthoid came straight to mind, since he's a synthetic humanoid.

But yeah, I knew that stuff about them.

I could see Chase joining the YA for awhile Speed just doesn't cut it for the comedy and he would get with hawkeye and then go back to the runaways all in one issue!

Just to let you guys know instead of starting a new thread I went through about 10 pages to find this thread, so I wouldn't get *****ed at for starting a new thread.

Mistress Gluon said:

Well If you have read the Runaways/Young Avengers crossover, you'll see that something more than just "probably nothing super exciting" happened, what a cliff hanger, whats gonna happen between Victor and Vision? When Victor got ****ed up vision felt it, and then when they got to close to eachother they started to fuse together. Cant wait til the next issue, the art work is also great.

No just pointing out that I didnt start a new thread cause if I did I wouldv'e got bashed so I did the oppisite and reverse bashed that I didnt start a new thread.

Can I have a No-Prize?

Okay **** the prize, what do you think is gonna happen between Victor and Vision?

Marcdachamp said:
I'd say impossible. It would impact Runaways too much, and, due to the digest format's popularity, BKV wants to keep Runaways as self-contained as possible.
I think it's very possible YA/Runaways could be collected as a digest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"