• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Running Scared

Lord Blackbolt

Avenger
Reaction score
:up: I just rented this movie today and I was shocked.....Paul Walker can act? It's probably he first good acting work.

Really...this movie is pretty cool I thought. Direction is pretty slick...and I've never seen a movie with more out of left field plot twists like this. The Ending was a bit of a dissappointment...but over all...I think it was decent rental.

Voilence is really over the top crazy. They should have gotten this director to direct a Punisher movie.

It was aight, but this movie had so many twist it made my head fall off! The whole pedophile scene, wtf? that had nothing to do with the main plot, why was that in there? to increase the shock value. the reveal at the end to me just felt like a big cop out. As if they didnt know how to end the movie.

But it did look awesome. Very stylish that what I loved. ALso its a fun movie to have a drinking game too.

My only problem was that they dropped to many F-bombs. It didn't offend me, it just got annoying. Other then that, it was alright. :up:

Decent flick, loads of style that sometimes was overbearing, but enjoyable.

Geez. I thought you talking about the 1986 film, which Billy Crystal and Gregory Hines. My bad.

dodger said:
The whole pedophile scene, wtf? that had nothing to do with the main plot, why was that in there? to increase the shock value. the reveal at the end to me just felt like a big cop out. As if they didnt know how to end the movie.

But it did look awesome. Very stylish that what I loved. ALso its a fun movie to have a drinking game too.

The two pedophiles were two of the creepiest characters in a movie in a long time - the scene may have been out of place, but it was really un-nerving - well done scene.

If you watched the movie closer, they hinted at the ending all through the movie, so it wasn't a big cop out as it was planned throughout the film.

Holy crap, this movie was so freaking bad but it was hilarious! Definetly one of those "so bad it's good" movies. I disagree about Paul Walker's acting though. The kids were better actors than he was (which was even funnier). There was only one really disturbing part (the 2 "parents") but other than that it was great entertainment for a party. I would highly recommend watching it while drunk. Paul Walker will definetly become one of the actors of cult status along with Chuck Norris and Steven Segal movies..

I still can't believe this is the same director who directed The Cooler.

reggiebar said:
The two pedophiles were two of the creepiest characters in a movie in a long time - the scene may have been out of place, but it was really un-nerving - well done scene.

If you watched the movie closer, they hinted at the ending all through the movie, so it wasn't a big cop out as it was planned throughout the film.

Yeah I know. That scene was creepy as helllllll. What was with that shadowy figure that looked like Freddy Kreuger in the Bathroom....I was freakin out. He had long nails and everything? Am I the only one that saw that?

It was how Oleg saw them. As monsters. You should watch it with the commentary on. Man, that whole subplot was sick though. Everything looked really bright and happy but it made me feel really disgusted. Then when she found the tools and DVDs... just bleh. When
she finally shoots them I cheered on the inside
. Overall it was a kickass movie though, loved how the camera moved and how everything was put together.

Yeas this a very cool movie. and i could see why a lot of people would be put off by it. whether it b the whole violence, swearing or the two pedophiles. or it could have been the pimp beating is ho and trying to take back his "property"

The Trainman said:
I still can't believe this is the same director who directed The Cooler.

Me too, this movie was decent while The Cooler was absolute crap.

I was surprised by this movie I thought it was going to be utter crap.

It wasn't a bad definitely pleasently surprised.

The Pedo scene was odd, but it was meant to show that T realized that her hubby wasn't an evil person just misguided, it also brought Oleg back into Joey's hands.

The biggest problem I had was
the death of joey, it lasted way to long
apart from that I enjoyed the whole movie. Mind you he would have had a major concussion after getting hit in the head by a bunch of hockey pucks, but hey it's a movie.

You know I hestitated several times on buying this movie because Paul Walker is in it. I passed it up on the rental shelves about 15 times as well. I finally decided to pick this up and I was shocked at how intense this film was. If you haven't seen it the simplest way to describe it is Tony Scott meets David Lynch. It's nonstop tension for the viewer from start to finish and it's violence is so over the top it makes Totall Recall look like a joke. You think the story is going one way and suddenly one of the characters finds themselves in a whole other unrelated subplot that's even more frightening or violent. As escapism it's freaking a great ride. However when it's over your head will be numb. It's stylized & edited like Tony Scott films but the tone is like a David Lynch Lynch film. Very clear inspirations for the director Wayne Kramer.

Runningscared.jpg

In any event as a Marvel movie buff I'd love to see this guy direct Punisher 2. I'd just love it.

I just wanna know what the hell was up with that monster shadow.

One of my favorite films and if they ever do a Max Payne film adaptation, the only guy that I want as director is Wayne Kramer. He isn't afraid to go test the limits both visually and in the darkness of the characters.

I never saw his work before and was shocked at how this guy still seems un-noticed.

That movie is so self-aware it's just insulting. Logical filmmakers with integrity who know what they're doing simply don't hire Paul Walker, end of story.

His ridiculous tri-state accent was actually an ounce of unintential comic relief and a bright spot in that waste of a movie.

Ew, that movie was so horrible. Everything about it. Especially the dialouge. " ****!! ****!??? ****!!! **** EAT THIS MOTHER ****ER BLAH VLAH BLAH ****"

could have all been over in the 2nd act if they dumb kid would have given him the gun instead of putting it in the toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EliSan
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"