Ryo Jin's Collection Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1-2-2008 Marvel Legends

1-2-2008MarvelLegends.jpg

Spawn 10th Anniversary

Spawn10thAnniversary.jpg

Got a question for you Ryo.....do you leave them out like that all the time...and if yes, is it hard to keep the dust off.

I have kids...so can't just have any out on a table or desk.

I don't know if Ryo leaves them out or not, I think he does, but yes they can get dusty.

If dust is a worry for you and kids, then I suggest two birds with one stone and an enclosed display case, cuts down a lot on dust and might keep the kiddies at bay.

Then again, some folks aren't the put-action-figures-on-display type

Got a question for you Ryo.....do you leave them out like that all the time...and if yes, is it hard to keep the dust off.

I have kids...so can't just have any out on a table or desk.

For the most part, yes. Currently, everything has been put into boxes and into storage except for Marvel Legends/Movies, DCSH/Direct, Transformers, Street Fighter and a few other misc. like Mario and Spawn.

As far as dusting figs I use a brush and those air dusters in a can.

I don't know if Ryo leaves them out or not, I think he does, but yes they can get dusty.

If dust is a worry for you and kids, then I suggest two birds with one stone and an enclosed display case, cuts down a lot on dust and might keep the kiddies at bay.

How might one procure a display case any how? It would be quite handy one of these days.

I picked up a nice curio cabinet for a mere $200. Not sure what you have in Japan as far as discount furniture stores go, but along those lines.

I have some that I would like to display....but the majority of the ones I have bought have been played with a lot. I would like to find some kind of curio case for them (for the dust and to keep the toddler out of them)....but not sure if I'll have the room. Most are packed away for now....but would like to put some of the newer female characters I've bought (have to get my one year old daughter started early with the comic appreciation) out on display in her room.

Uh....just buy them?

I found a store here that has some really nice ones...it's called Value Store Fixtures....and I assumed it was Value Store Fixtures....with like plumbing and stuff...I dunno why....but I went in one day and it turns out that it is Value Store Fixtures it is full of store style shelves and stuff, anyway you know when you're in a store and they have the glass shelves full of stuff? Like...jewelry of Pewter figurines? like that.....they are available in all kinds of dimentions...

That's what I plan to upgrate to sometime...Looking at 2009 or 2010 though

Uh....just buy them?

I found a store here that has some really nice ones...it's called Value Store Fixtures....and I assumed it was Value Store Fixtures....with like plumbing and stuff...I dunno why....but I went in one day and it turns out that it is Value Store Fixtures it is full of store style shelves and stuff, anyway you know when you're in a store and they have the glass shelves full of stuff? Like...jewelry of Pewter figurines? like that.....they are available in all kinds of dimentions...

That's what I plan to upgrate to sometime...Looking at 2009 or 2010 though

my only problem with the shelves is its alot harder to work with flyers etc... i can't get half the stuff looking right with the lack of push pins and fishing line

Nothing new figure-wise besides Movie Ironhide. I'm about to post a post that has nothing to do with figures, but an experience...

Yesterday [Thursday, January 3rd, 2008] marked my first visit to Fujikyu Highland [Fuji-Q] Amusement Park with my girlfriend. The sole primary reason for me going was to visit the Biohazard/Resident Evil attraction they had set up from 10/26/2007 to 2/3/2008. Even though we arrived early, we were lucky to have got there when we did. The wait in line lasted roughly around 2 hours, and the line behind us kept building, whereas a few had given up their ample opportunity due to lack of patience or lack of time. Here's the outside of the former Hospital:

P1030704.jpg

P1030707.jpg

P1030706.jpg

When our turn came up, we were stuck with another couple, and a married couple with 2 kids under 16 [Which the rules didn't allow so I don't know how they got in] while the group of Biohazard fans behind us had to wait even more. We were lead to the mini firing range, which looked like this:

P1030708.jpg

The way the guns worked was with flashes of light, sound effects, and actual recoil. As you can see, it also had a laser sight for more accurate aiming. I thought we would be able to carry these for the entire run through the Hospital, guess not.

After that we had to wait on a bench for a few minutes for the crowd ahead of us to get out of the way inside. The bin with R.P.D. S.T.A.R.S. vests were optional. I didn't take one; Decided to go with my current "Alt. Costume" =P

P1030710.jpg

We could hear zombie moans and screams in the distance, and my girlfriend was becoming timid, kept telling me she was scared. I myself couldn't wait. This would be one of, if not ONLY chance to experience a zombie outbreak scenario! Finally, a bloodied nurse invited us inside the lobby where she laid the ground rules such as no cameras, no shooting eachother with the mock guns, and no harming the zombies. Fair enough, I knew they wouldn't be able to grab us, but only touch and brush if we're running by or something [which was the case]. I just wish I could've get some pics =(

The lobby had two fake metal walkways above, one of which was partly destroyed, the other with a corpse. The room was dim with candlelit chandeliers and the background music was one of the eerie BGMs from the REmake on Gamecube. I was constantly on guard, watching my surroundings even during the rule briefing.

Following the briefing was an armory room, where we watched a short film setting up the basis of what we were doing and why.

2Armory.jpg

You can see some of that footage here: http://www.fujiq.jp/bio/index.html

The whole time I was wondering when we would get the guns, especially since we were in an armory room. After the video was a waiting area where you're broken up into your own intended teams. You get your picture taken with your choice of weapon with your choice of partner so you can choose to buy it [the photo] when you finish.

Now for the tour. The order of rooms is a bit hazy, so I'll do the best I can. From here on out, it was really dark and I needed to adjust my eyes before moving forward. No guns, but I'm glad for that, as you wouldn't have a sense of safety and assurance and therefore less fear. I only had one scare during the whole ordeal, whereas my girlfriend was in fear the entire time. I loved every second of it! The dark, dim lit rooms. The timid walk down the halls thinking anything could bust out of the door to your left, right, behind or in front. The atmosphere was excellent, I felt like I was seeing the game through my very own eyes. The couple ahead of us as well as the married couple with the kids had already given up from the get go, and used the "emergency exit" to take their leave. Two hours waiting for nothing, psh. The signs at the beginning even said "Use the emergency exits if you cannot take the fear." Heh.

From what I can remember, it starts off with a dark hallway that leads into a small room. This was my first and only scare, as something loud pops on the ceiling. Don't know what it was supposed to be but it succeeded in breaking the silence and scaring the crap out of us. Next was another short hall that lead to a staircase. At the break of the staircase is a woman covering her face on the rail. Since it was so dark, it could've been a real woman so I proceeded with caution. It wasn't until I saw the feet that I knew it wasn't real. Further up the stairs we walked into this room:

3Containment.jpg

The majority of the length of the tour I held her hand and lead the way, but it was more like dragging her along the way since she was too scared to move the whole time. Near the exit a zombie jumped out from the top and scared my girlfriend stiff breaking our hold. I chuckled and grabbed her hand and proceeded out. I was basically holding onto her whole hand [since she was too scared/shaken to hold on] and she kept slipping therefore every once and awhile I had to readjust our "holding hand grip." We then came across a TV screen with the number "4" on it.

It's all hazy as to which order was which after this, so I'll describe some of the rooms encountered. I think the next room was surgery. There was a bed with a blood-soaked curtain surrounding it as well as a figure inside with light emanating from the other side. I'm glad it was more than likely a mannequin as nothing jumped out. Other rooms encountered were the morgue, complete with a body on the table with a missing head and blood all over the walls and the sink/tub. A hall with all kinds of weird things in jars as mock Crows perched above staring with lifeless eyes. A maze of lockers where a zombie chases you through. A patient room with an immobile zombie on a wheelchair [that made me chuckle a bit]. A long hall with broken lockers on the left, which was creepy since anything could have jumped out from one of them. I'm probably forgetting some rooms, but I can elaborate on that the next time I go if able.

4Experiment.jpg

5Escape.jpg

One of the things that stood out the most was the long hall after descending a staircase. A zombie jumps from the shadows and chases you to the end of the hall. We ran to the end of the long hall, where there's a steel bar door at the end with a numerical padlock. The sign said "4 8 9" and I kept inputting those numbers to no avail. I was overcomplicating the overly simple solution to the lock. My girlfriend breaks her fear and enters "4" and we go through and close the door before the zombie reaches us. As we go through the boiler room, I hear the REmake save room music, knowing it must be some sort of break/safe haven.

6Vaccine.jpg

Instead we were greeted by a S.T.A.R.S. member who gives me the vaccine vial and tells me to meet the teammate at the end of the hall. We enter a bigger boiler room, where the "final battle" takes place. I place the vaccine into a holder thingy , and behold the guns lined up on the table. Now it would've kicked ass if we could've gotten a tyrant or some other RE creature, but we only got a few zombies. That's all good and ok with me, because we finally got to use some firearms! A rocket launcher, a shotgun, and 4 handguns [I wish I took the shotgun!]. Down the hall from whence we came, those Biohazard fanboys in line with us [that were left behind our group to wait their turn], all in S.T.A.R.S. vests, came running down the hall just in time to help us! We all start unloading into the zombies in front of us, and a couple times into the one to the side of us that shuffled from the lockers, then back to the few in front. One of the fanboys [the pudgy one], complete with tactical vest and gloves, takes the rocket launcher and proceeds to use it on one zombie. We were laughing our asses off. While everyone was focused on the front, I noticed the one behind us was still alive, so I pulled an action movie stint and turned around to take him out with only one arm aiming.

7FinalBattle.jpg

When that was over with, the next room had another S.T.A.R.S. member, which showed us the exit. The exit was a trash room like the one in RE3 when Nemmy falls into the acid. I take it slowly until a zombie pops out from the shadows and chases all of us out the exit. The fanboys were disappointed that they got to wear the vests but didn't get to use the guns the entire way through. Either way, the attraction nailed the feel and atmosphere that is Resident Evil.

I really wish this attraction was open all the time, that way they could improve on it over time with creatures and different places to scare you from, keeping it fresh everytime. With one more month to go before it closes, I'm going to try attending it at least one more time with my fellow AF buddies and see how well they fare =)

P1030701.jpg

Note: All the pics of the rooms inside are from the Fuji-Q Site. One disclaimer though, none of those rooms were that bright, they were dark and eerie as they should be!

I got food poisoning and my body lost all the muscle but kept the fat. Haven't worked out since then [3 weeks] so I probably did go through some weight changes.

I edited it out, It's a bad picture of me, I am not chunky looking as that pic depicted. Their camera sucks, wish they used mine! People tend to look like they're supposed to through mine. Did you really have to ask 3 times?

Sorry, it was the Hype's Little lockout time thing

You could at least edit them out since they're ruining a great page!

Great page indeed Ryo. Congrats on seing all that great stuff! :wow:

Thanks for the edits Rough, lol.

Great page indeed Ryo. Congrats on seing all that great stuff! :wow:

Heh, thanks. May I ask, why the sudden interest in Batman all of the sudden? I thought you were purely pro Marvel.

I DO love Marvel...I grew up with it. But also as a kid I used to get a lot of Bats too.
Actually the only DC figure I used to have was a kick ass Batman that came in a pack with Superman... And honestly, the Superman I don't really know where ended.
But this all started like two monts back, I picked up a Batman comic book at my local Comic book shop and just get hooked. Then I saw the kick ass Batman figure I post in my thread, Knight Shadow Batman
http://gofigureactionfigures.com/product6400.html
and it just started. The dc figures actually are no match for the Legends, but they are nice, at least the ones I got. I really like the DC universe Penguin, he is pretty nice articulated, but the Baf is even smaller than what we are getting from the Legends.
But I will not get all the figs, only the Batman villians.
Is it bad for me to start collectin those now? I do want some figs I have seen from that same series, like the red Robin, Azrael, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"