Sacha Baron Cohen appreciation thread

Okay! I like! How much!?

jag

Okay I can understand that people find this guy funny. Humor is a very subjective thing.

Calling him a genius is pushing it. If he is a genius then Tom Green, & the guys from Jackass is are geniuss'. Not to mention the fact that it takes years to be put in genius statis. He has done on movie, & a HBO show. Which he got because of his scenes in a Madonna video. These are not qualifications for a genius.

I really hoping that if Andy Kaufman did fake his death, & he is watching everyone hoot, & holler about Borat like he is original. I hope that Kaufman pops back up, & shows this wannabe what a true comedic genius is.

Actually, I think Kaufman would be someone who would "get" and appreciate what Cohen's trying to do, even if he is a bit ham-fisted about it in comparison with Kaufman.

jag

How would makin cohen a genius make tom green a genius? Tom green's a ****tard...

"Throw the jew down the well......so my country can be free!

Mister Sinister said:
Creator of Borat, Ali G and Bruno. Man's a genius

Borat
Animal lover

"Could I train her?"
"Probably not to sniff out a Jew."
"Why not?"
"Jews are Jesus's children."

:woot::up:

You guys realize now that Borat's been outed, he wont be able to function anymore. This movie signals the end of that almost decade old character. :(

The old Borat and Ali G clips make me laugh even after watching them many times. This guy is one of my favourite comedians.

ETA I'd forgotten all about Bruno until I saw this :woot: :up:

I like how he always brings out the bigotry in people:o

Sacha sure looks like a serial rapist though.

Something about him freaks me out.

He looks like the type who would jump you in a dark alley and grope.
Then he'd intangle you with his back hair and run off into the night on all fours, and you, trapped in his back hair.

bulok said:
You guys realize now that Borat's been outed, he wont be able to function anymore. This movie signals the end of that almost decade old character. :(
True :csad: but I also think many of the types of people he interviews live so far on the fringes that they probably won't be aware of Borat even after the film has had its run. With a change in appearance, a lot of people will be reluctant to believe someone is having a joke on them in case they are wrong.

cohenwg4.png

High five for sex crimes!

any one see him on Leno last night?

Assassin said:
High five for sex crimes!

any one see him on Leno last night?
Yeah, I did... that was actually pretty funny. Not as good as his appearance on Conan, though :) Borat and Martha Stewart... that's not a good thing :p.

Could someone post the clip where he's helping some guy with his political campaign in some American neighbourhood?

"If you do not vote for him, he will TAKE power!"

"I will not leave until you swear on the eyes of your child!"

bulok said:
Same thing happened to Ali G though. These types of characters only have a certain shelf life.

He has a Dutch supermodel guy, but I dont think hes as good.

Coogan's Partridge is by far the best out off all these types of characters though.

These pics never get old for me. I love the look on Pam's face!

borat_turtle.jpg

"I love you Pamela."

pamela02.jpg

"I want make liquid explosion on your leg!"

Google borat, pam, dog to find more pics of this.

Sugarculted said:
Awesome, I was waiting for a thread for appreciating Cohen's work :up:

Finally saw the movie last night, chasing his friend Azamat whilst naked? Hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTSDf7qyKpA

^ one of the funniest, british guide to hunting.
:woot:

Animal rights protester: You shouldn't be talking to us because we love animals and that's why we're here.

Borat: In Kazakhstan we love animals too.

Animal rights protester: Then why do you shoot them?

Borat: Eh.. for fun.

One of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

Hades!! The sexy mustache avvy is back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"