The Dark Knight Rises Saddest moment in the trilogy for you?

I can NOT believe they cut out Alfred's line after this. Would have been so powerful.

I'd love to see the full scene more than anything that was cut. Okay maybe the Bane prototype part.

I'd love to see the full scene more than anything that was cut. Okay maybe the Bane prototype part.

Yeah they cut out the line "I swore to them I'd protect you and I haven't" but I'm so annoyed after reading the script they cut Alfred saying "Goodbye Bruce" that would have been so good to see.

BB-Young Bruce blaming himself for his parents death

TDK-Rachel Dying

TDKR-Goodbye Alfred

BTW Deserana Your Avatar is Epic!!!

Yeah they cut out the line "I swore to them I'd protect you and I haven't" but I'm so annoyed after reading the script they cut Alfred saying "Goodbye Bruce" that would have been so good to see.

How do you know they cut out a "Goodbye Bruce" line? do you have access to the script? or do you know someone who was on set?

at first thought, it would have been nice \ more emotional to hear that \ see that..

but I think it works as-is, with Bruce just saying goodbye and tip toeing up the stairs... almost like a hurtful "gesture" on his part to say goodbye, and not wait for a response..

[imo]

How do you know they cut out a "Goodbye Bruce" line? do you have access to the script? or do you know someone who was on set?

at first thought, it would have been nice \ more emotional to hear that \ see that..

but I think it works as-is, with Bruce just saying goodbye and tip toeing up the stairs... almost like a hurtful "gesture" on his part to say goodbye, and not wait for a response..

[imo]

The shooting script has been released and is out online. There's quite a few bits of dialogue in there not in the film.

Alfred sorta mutters it under his breath I think it just would have been powerful as it would be the first time he has adressed him without "Master" tagged on to it.

Genuine sadness and a sinking feeling after seeing Bane's instant demise. I felt it was disrespectful to the character.

The aftermath of Rachel's death for both Bruce and Dent. Dent finding his coin burned on one side, and then screaming. The great scene with Bruce and Alfred where Bruce blames himself for what happened to Rachel and Dent.

I still don't get how Wayne could've possibly escaped that Nuclear explosion. The blast radius was 6 miles and he was still in the cockpit just a few seconds before it exploded, but the consensus here seems to be that he was able to escape.

I've only seen it once though. Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me, still though. Sad scene.
It's made obvious in the official novel and in the script that he survived. Plus Greg Cox confirmed it (the author of the novel).

He survived in classic Hollywood fashion. Him faking his death is straight from the dark knight returns.

Plus, in the script, we don't even see him in the cockpit after the building blows up. Nolan added the last shot of him in the cockpit for dramatic effect.

1. BB: "Alfred, it was my fault!"
2. TDKR: Talia's story.
3. TDKR: Bruce's funeral.

I laughed when Rachel died It's something about people getting blown up in mid sentence that makes me laugh. But on a serious not for me that saddest moment is when Alfred and Bruce have that emotional conversation in the hall way. I know its not as epic but damn it gets to me lol

"It's okay. It's alright. Listen, some-"

WHAT WAS SHE GOING TO SAY!?!??!?!

Truth be told, it's when the credits in TDKR rolled because that means that Nolan's Bat series is really over. :(

As for scenes, I'm going to go with Bruce's funeral starting with Gordon reading those lines from ATOTC and ending with Alfred crying.

"It's okay. It's alright. Listen, some-"

WHAT WAS SHE GOING TO SAY!?!??!?!

"It's okay. It's alright. Listen, sooooomewheeeeeere over the rainbow, waaaaay uuuuuuuup hiiiiiiigh..."

Alfred saying "I failed you" at Bruce's funeral. I got teary eyed.

This one isn't necessarily sad, but when Bruce says to Gordon "A hero can be anyone. Even a man who put a coat around a boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended." I cried very hard at the scene. Then it showed the shot of Gordon smiling at Bruce. Then I cried even harder.

Rich Twit not realizing that Selina had no intention of sleeping with him and was just conning him to get his wife's diamonds.

Poor guy. Brought a tear to my eye.

BB: young bruce blaming himself for his parent's death

TDK: dent's fall

TDKR: alfred telling the hidden truth. Bane breaking bruce's back. Alfred admitting he failed bruce's parents.

Last edited:
BB: younf bruce blaming himself for his parent's death

TDK: dent's fall

TDKR: alfred telling the hidden truth. Bane breaking bruce's back. Alfred admitting he failed bruce's parents.

"It's okay. It's alright. Listen, sooooomewheeeeeere over the rainbow, waaaaay uuuuuuuup hiiiiiiigh..."

LOL that's exactly what I say after that!

I always bust out when proto-batman puts that stapler to the back of Gordon's head in BB

"Don't turn around..."

"Uh-oh, the commisar's in town, uh-oh!"

Another is when Flask tells Falcone "You better bail..." to which I add: "Yeah, Christian Bale."

and a myriad of other stupid things I do.

While Alfred's reveal of
Rachel's note wasn't really sad to me, it definitely made me hold my breath as I waited to see what Bruce's reaction was going to be.
A pretty powerful moment seeing that for the first time.

Wow, so many touching, sad, emotional and character moments in these movies.

BB: Young Bruce watching his parents get killed in front of him. Bruce at the police station and being comforted by Gordon. Young Bruce blaming himself of his parents death and being comforted by Alfred.

TDK: The aftermath of Rachel's death and the affect it has on Bruce and Harvey. Harvey's fall from good to evil. Rachel's note to Bruce. What a ***** lol.

TDKR:'Waitnessing basically a crippled Bruce Wayne and what has become of the guy. Bruce telling Alfred "there's nothing out there for me" and how he lost his own person and shot at a normal life so he dosen't care about dying. Alfred telling Bruce the truth about the letter and they say their emotional goodbyes. Bruce staring at Rachel's picture and putting it down. Bruce/Batman getting destroyed by Bane. Scene was awesome for sure, but come on it was pretty heartbreaking as well and than even seeing Catwoman showing some emotions. Batman telling Selina/Catwoman "Not everything, not yet" hinting at the ultimate sacrifice. Bruce/Batman getting stab unexpectedly, but thank god the hero got back up. Batman says "there's no autopilot." Bruce/Batman revealing himself to Gordon ad then the flashback to the police station. Bruce/Batman carrying out the bomb and then it explodes. Bruce's funeral and Alfred breaking down telling Bruce's parents "I failed you, you trusted me and I failed you."
And lastly seeing Bruce alive at the cafe. Not because it was sad, but exciting and moving that Bruce Wayne finally got a happy ending and normal life with Selina Kyle that he's never really had, but deserves.

Just an all around great trilogy, one of the greatest.

BB: Waynes' murder/Gordon comforts Bruce/"It was my fault"
TDK: Bruce crying in his penthouse without the cowl after Rachel died
TDKR: the entire ending sequence left me really moved on first IMAX showing, on the verge when Alfred broke down and when the THOMAS AND MARTHA WAYNE CHILDREN'S HOME sign came up...followed by a standing ovation when credits hit and Batman theme kicked in.

I will only address the TDKR ones because they are the clearest to me at the moment.
1. Bruce saying goodbye to Alfred. The entire scene was moving. Michael Caine and Christian Bale were just outstanding!
2. Selina watching Bruce getting destroyed by Bane. It was really hard to watch the first time.
3. The entire final sequence - Bruce telling Selina he hasn't given Gotham everything. Bruce getting stabbed by Talia. Gordon and Selina realizing he's gonna sacrifice himself for Gotham. The kiss, Bruce revealing his identity to Gordon and finally the death scene and the funeral. Those moments were really touching and depressing. The first time I saw it, I got deeply saddened... I really believed Nolan killed Batman!

4. The happiest moment - Realizing Bruce is alive and is going to have a normal life with Selina. They both deserved that... and the nod to Alfred just made my day. It was really energizing and powerful scene. I love it! The perfect ending for me.
The moment the credits rolled, the movie received standing ovation in the theaters where I watched it. It was like the best feeling ever! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"