The Dark Knight Rises Saddest moment in the trilogy for you?

Rachel's death.

A lot of people here are going to cry "Blasphemy!" but I think it was more tragic than Bruce losing his parents.

From Batman revealing his identity to Gordon to the unveiling of the Batman statue and discussion of Bruce's estate and everything in between.

I was too in shock at the midnight showing, having gone through the trilogy and being exhausted etc...but by the 2nd, 3rd and 4th viewings (which I've totalled out on for now) I had tears flooding my eyes for that entire stretch.

..its basically the ending of TDKR. Bruce and Alfred don't really reconcile, and they deserved the opportunity. plus the ending as a whole didn't sit well with me.

..its basically the ending of TDKR. Bruce and Alfred don't really reconcile, and they deserved the opportunity. plus the ending as a whole didn't sit well with me.
It doesn't sit well with you that Bruce FINALLY has a girlfriend and is FINALLY going to have sex on a regular basis? The guy was a shut-in for 8 years, and even before that... he didn't get much action.

Alfred & Bruce's goodbye conversation was the one that got me on the first viewing. I'd say saddest moment of the 3 films for me.

On 2nd & 3rd viewings of TDKR I was much more moved by several scenes for not only their importance and execution in the film but making connections to my own life as Im sure others have done also.

BB: Ra's burning down Wayne Manor. It was just cold the way he did it, like it was just another day at the office. Seeing the very foundation of Bruce destroyed in his eyes. The picture of his parents hit me hard, he symbolically looses them twice here.

TDK: Dent's transformation into Two-Face. Already been covered here.

TDKR: Everything from the reveal of Talia to the bomb going off was heart-throbbing. A part of my brain stayed reserved, knowing WB wouldn't let even Chris Nolan kill off Batman, but once the bomb went off I was in shock they actually could have killed him. I even muttered, "Jesus..." in sheer disbelief.

It doesn't sit well with you that Bruce FINALLY has a girlfriend and is FINALLY going to have sex on a regular basis? The guy was a shut-in for 8 years, and even before that... he didn't get much action.

Lol, yeah your post couldn't be even more true. The really most sad thing about Rachel dying is that he probably never had the chance to have sex with her lol.

well I just wish he was still Batman, who's, you know, obsessed about fighting crime, although clearly not in this trilogy. He's determined sure, but not obsessed and can't wait, even in TDK, to have someone take his place already. So yeah I wanted him to still be BAtman... but he can have all the sex he wants I don't mind that!

Batman taking the fall for Harvey at the end of TDK. The whole last few minutes of TDK, actually. I got a lump in my throat when Batman said that sometimes the truth isn't good enough and we see Alfred burning the letter.

TDKR - When you see the bat flying off into the distance with the bomb. It nearly brought a tear to my eye. Not only was it surreal to think that it was the end of a great run of movies, but you must understand what kind of a person it takes to do that. Truly a great story.

Last edited:
Bruce's funeral, particularly the shot of Alfred stepping aside revealing Bruce's tombstone next to his parents'.

Yeah me too! Bruce Wayne and Alfred should never say goodbye :(

Plus Michael Caine tearing up! Both his dialogue and delivery in that scene are pitch perfect. Gets me every time.

TDKR: Everything from the reveal of Talia to the bomb going off was heart-throbbing. A part of my brain stayed reserved, knowing WB wouldn't let even Chris Nolan kill off Batman, but once the bomb went off I was in shock they actually could have killed him. I even muttered, "Jesus..." in sheer disbelief.

Exactly how I felt :)

Lol, yeah your post couldn't be even more true. The really most sad thing about Rachel dying is that he probably never had the chance to have sex with her lol.
Yes, but Bruce an Rachel would have never worked out. She could never understand how broken he was. It was a doomed relationship and she knew that, which is why she chose Harvey.

Gordon sliding his hand across the new Batman signal got to me at the end.

I felt nothing for Rachels death..nothing what's so ever. I think it has to do with the fact that Maggie felt like a completely different Rachel than the Rachel in BB. If they hadn't changed actresses, it might have had more impact for me.

Saddest moment in the trilogy for me, was when Bats got his back broken.

I felt nothing for Rachels death..nothing what's so ever. I think it has to do with the fact that Maggie felt like a completely different Rachel than the Rachel in BB. If they hadn't changed actresses, it might have had more impact for me.

Saddest moment in the trilogy for me, was when Bats got his back broken.

I think I might be one of the very few people who would prefer the Rachel of BB anytime to the one of TDK. Maggie just didn't feel like Rachel at all.

Begins: The murder of Bruce's parents, and the way he blames himself.
TDK: Rachel's death, Harvey's accident/fall from grace. Harvey's death, leading up to Batman taking the blame for his crimes.
TDKR: Bane breaking Batman's back. Alfred at Bruce's funeral.

BEGINS: Wayne Manor being burnt to the ground, Bruce feeling like he's failed his city and his father's legacy ... only to have his surrogate lift his spirits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"