Sam Raimi to Direct

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!

source.gif

Okay, NOW you've got my attention. Hoping for another Iron Man 3 (but different).

Let Raimi go crazy and do his thing.

No "respect this MCU pattern" BS, please.

Feige, grap your cap and get the frick OUT OF THE WAY when THIS MAN is directing.

Thanks.

From all accounts Feige gave Taika free reign, so I can't see him putting the clamps on a guy with Raimi's rep.

From all accounts Feige gave Taika free reign, so I can't see him putting the clamps on a guy with Raimi's rep.

I'm guessing Raimi has more respect for Feige and his ball cap then the usual posters you'd expect to make those comments. That's the only relevant thing here.

They had him replace Hobo Odin because they felt it would be too depressing. The new scene they wrote for him was, quite frankly, blah....

I hope they won't pull crap like that with Raimi.

I'm guessing Raimi has more respect for Feige and his ball cap then the usual posters you'd expect to make those comments. That's the only relevant thing here.

The only relevant thing is that Raimi's hands won't be tied. He already had a miserable experience on Oz. I'd hate for such a talented filmmaker to be castrated once again.

They had him replace Hobo Odin because they felt it would be too depressing. The new scene they wrote for him was, quite frankly, blah....

I hope they won't pull crap like that with Raimi.
Hobo Odin sucked.

The only relevant thing is that Raimi's hands won't be tied. He already had a miserable experience on Oz. I'd hate for such a talented filmmaker to be castrated once again.
I think he's capable of understanding what he's getting into. Nobody forced him to work with these chumps.

Okay, NOW you've got my attention. Hoping for another Iron Man 3 (but different).

Feige, grap your cap and get the frick OUT OF THE WAY when THIS MAN is directing.

Thanks.

This x1000. This movie now has my full attention only IF Feige lets Raimi be Raimi. Raimi+Doctor Strange could be a match made in heaven.

Last edited:
They should be capable to understand what privilege it is to have someone like Sam Raimi on board and give him the chance and space to make the movie his own.

They did it with Shane Black and James Gunn. Shouldn't be impossible to do it once again with Raimi.

They should be capable to understand what privilege it is to have someone like Sam Raimi on board and give him the chance and space to make the movie his own.

They did it with Shane Black and James Gunn. Shouldn't be impossible to do it once again with Raimi.

The difference is Raimi is coming onto the project late, so we don't know what impact it'll have on his work. Again, I'm sure he knows what he's stepping into, so time may not be as big an issue to him as it seems to me, who believed the project should be delayed prior to this announcement.

This is disappointing. I dont really want Raimi's cheese and gags in a Marvel film.

Love this move. Out of all the directors with a horror background, he's got most experience working with superheroes. Just have to hope we get that Raimi and not the one who got burned by studio interference on his post-SM3 films.

The difference is Raimi is coming onto the project late, so we don't know what impact it'll have on his work. Again, I'm sure he knows what he's stepping into, so time may not be as big an issue to him as it seems to me, who believed the project should be delayed prior to this announcement.

Yea this is akin to Peter Jackson coming onto the Hobbit late into pre production once Deltoro left. They had pre produciton done for a movie done that wasn't initially his vision. But rolled with it anyway which in turn affected the final product. I wonder if Feige will delay the movie and let Raimi have his own vision?

Dr. Strange could possibly be the perfect convergence of Spider-Man and Evil Dead. **** yes!

Yea this is akin to Peter Jackson coming onto the Hobbit late into pre production once Deltoro left. They had pre produciton done for a movie done that wasn't initially his vision. But rolled with it anyway which in turn affected the final product. I wonder if Feige will delay the movie and let Raimi have his own vision?

Only they know for sure what impact it will have. If it isn't delayed, I'd assume Raimi didn't think the time frame would be a major detriment to his work with the material.

Thanks.

THIS!

I believe in Raimi

Didn't somebody mention him before?

Im sure Raimi is coming onbord this for a reason. After SM3, a movie he still isnt over all these years later, Raimi’s not gonna be anyone’s b**** ever again. Him and Feige must have come to a mutual creative agreement.

Raimi is in the Ditko business! He’s moved from Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man to the Master Of The Mystic Arts! If this happens, Raimi will have had directed movies about Ditko’s two most popular co-creations. This is almost too good to be true. Someone pinch me, I must be dreaming!

^ According to Variety, he's in talks with Feige so it's not a dream. It's gonna happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"