DC TV Series Sandman: The Series

Kirby Howell-Baptiste recreates comic book "Peachy Keen" panel.

FbWJ1W9XgAE10PG.jpg

Good news. Netflix HAS to renew this right? The numbers have been really good. I know the show is expensive but Stranger Things and Umbrella Academy aren’t cheap either and they’ve gotten consistent renewals.

Good news. Netflix HAS to renew this right? The numbers have been really good. I know the show is expensive but Stranger Things and Umbrella Academy aren’t cheap either and they’ve gotten consistent renewals.

Well Stranger Things is theirs I believe whereas Sandman is a WB property so they might have to pay licensing fees and such. (have no idea) I would think it still makes sense for Netflix but, well, Netflix is not exactly making sound business decisions these days.

I hope they do though.

So apparently this isn’t being featured during TUDUM, which is a bad sign. Man, if Netflix doesn’t renew this show, I may have to cancel my subscription out of spite. They have SO much unwatchable crap on that service, and yet when they stumble onto something great, it apparently has to break streaming records to get renewed.

Well, just like a blockbuster movie because of the budget being so high, if it's not pulling in the numbers, it doesn't make sense to spend as much as they do for a "sequel".

Unless they go lower budget for the next season.

Does anyone know what the budget for this actually was? I’m just curious how it compares to other Netflix shows.

Well, just like a blockbuster movie because of the budget being so high, if it's not pulling in the numbers, it doesn't make sense to spend as much as they do for a "sequel".

Unless they go lower budget for the next season.

I mean they wasted $200 million on the Gray Man so Netflix is not exactly known for their restraint when it comes to spending. How much are they paying Adam Sandler for films no one watches again?

You aren't wrong, but Netflix doesn't get to whine about budgets when they spend money like they are laundering it.

Does anyone know what the budget for this actually was? I’m just curious how it compares to other Netflix shows.

It was reported that each episode cost 15 million (same as Obi-Wan Kenobi and S8 of Game of Thrones) so it's one of the more expensive shows out there. Only House of the Dragon (20M per episode), the Marvel shows (25M per episode), Stranger Things S4 (30M per episode) and LOTR (58M per episode) are more expensive.

It was reported that each episode cost 15 million (same as Obi-Wan Kenobi and S8 of Game of Thrones) so it's one of the more expensive shows out there. Only House of the Dragon (20M per episode), the Marvel shows (25M per episode), Stranger Things S4 (30M per episode) and LOTR (58M per episode) are more expensive.

Thanks. Well, I suppose that’s a good thing because the show doesn’t look cheap. But hopefully that won’t keep them from greenlighting season 2. And if it does, well, then I hope another streaming service will pick it up quickly.

It’s just a frustrating time to be a DC fan. You have this show, which is one of the most faithful, amazing adaptations of any DC comic, and it might be one and done. Meanwhile, WB just greenlit a Keanu Reeves Constantine sequel. Ugh.

I haven't finished Stranger Things, have been a little too busy to turn on Netflix & I spend most night sleeping to get ready for work lol. However, I managed to watch Gaiman's Sandman. This was an excellent TV adaptation of Gaiman's finest work.

I first came across The Sandman on my friend's bookshelf around 1991 and have been intrigued by it even though it wasn't in my wheelhouse regarding comic books. The Sandman is the absolute definition of "graphic novel". Later, I read most of the series in the high street bookstore sections. I can see why Gaiman changed a few things like thought bubbles and updating some of the characters to reflect the 2020s culture rather than the late 1980s. I'm so looking forward to more of this.

Honest to God, if Netflix cans this while the True Crime freaks get them to green light even more **** like Dahmer, I’ll ****ing give them some true crime to deal with…

While I appreciate your sentiment, I would have to agree with the general audience that Dahmer was the better show if I was forced to choose. If the cheaper show to make earns more watches, you know Netflix is going to go with that.

Christ, it took them long enough.

Great news. Hopefully they can beat that great first season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"