DC TV Series Sandman: The Series

Excellent news! I don’t know about the rest of you, but I was pretty much convinced that this was getting canceled. SO glad that is not the case. Can’t wait for more!
Seemed like the cost of the show might do it in, with it being on Netflix. Otherwise I think it was popular. Great to have it confirmed at any rate.

Waiting to renew is a pretty smart marketing tool when you think about it. Fan anxiety generates interest; prolongs the discussion, motivates fans to spread the word, maybe even encourages rewatches to boost the numbers.

Either way, I welcome a second season. Nice job Netflix.

Maybe I'm misreading it, but they didn't actually announce a season 2, right?
They just said "new episodes", so it could be like episode 11, single installments adapting smaller stories

I know its blasphemy but I haven't actually read the comics... any good stories they'd be likely to adapt this way that y'all would recommend??

Maybe I'm misreading it, but they didn't actually announce a season 2, right?
They just said "new episodes", so it could be like episode 11, single installments adapting smaller stories

I know its blasphemy but I haven't actually read the comics... any good stories they'd be likely to adapt this way that y'all would recommend??
First thing that immediately comes to mind is the Shakespeare issue "A Midsummer Night's Dream", which coincidently is the next issue likely to be adapted (it followed Calliope and A Dream of a Thousand Cats). I would not be surprised if they dropped this story as a single episode before we get a proper season 2. As far as any other stories, I imagine season 2 will adapt Seasons of Mist (which deals with Lucifer and the Nada, both we saw in season 1) as well as A Game of You (which deals primarily with Barbie, who was in the later half of the 1st season).

The unfortunate thing about the late renewal is now it'll take even longer to release it. I wonder if they even have scripts ready.

I'm on Volume 9 of the comics. I started reading them before this series came out, been pretty sluggish with them, but have really enjoyed most of the stories in them. The last one I read was where people from all different time periods meet in a hotel/inn. It seemed like a story they could possibly adapt. Very little of the "Endless" characters appear in that story, but it still kept me engaged until the end.

Hopefully I will have finished the entire comic storyline before S2 comes out haha. Can't wait!

The unfortunate thing about the late renewal is now it'll take even longer to release it. I wonder if they even have scripts ready.
True, but just glad it wasn't bad news. When would be realistic you think?

I'm on Volume 9 of the comics. I started reading them before this series came out, been pretty sluggish with them, but have really enjoyed most of the stories in them. The last one I read was where people from all different time periods meet in a hotel/inn. It seemed like a story they could possibly adapt. Very little of the "Endless" characters appear in that story, but it still kept me engaged until the end.

Hopefully I will have finished the entire comic storyline before S2 comes out haha. Can't wait!
Sounds good. I'll have to get on that.

I am definitely planning on getting into the books before season 2 starts.

True, but just glad it wasn't bad news. When would be realistic you think?
Spring '24 at the earliest, I'd think. It all depends on how far along they are with the scripts and when they can start shooting. TV doesn't take as long as movies, but a show like Sandman has a ton of VFX so that changes things.

Spring '24 at the earliest, I'd think. It all depends on how far along they are with the scripts and when they can start shooting. TV doesn't take as long as movies, but a show like Sandman has a ton of VFX so that changes things.
Makes sense. :up: As long as it's great I can wait.

Got the family watching this and after their initial skepticism they love it. Though episodes 5 and 6 were a bit heavy for them but I love both.

I finally watched this. I really like the books, but the show was superior in my opinion. The performances were terrific and the writing was very faithful. Where it did deviate from the comics, it did so to improve and not just to be different.

I would’ve been ok with it being shorter and being Preludes and Nocturnes and then Season 2 being Doll’s House, but I do think this was good to show Morpheus’ character development over the full season.

I loved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"