Saw VII

xwolverine2

Arkham Assassin
Reaction score
i know theres a thread on this already so merge it if you wish..(cant find it)

this is the best news that the Saw series has had in a while (minus the 3D part :( )

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=13823
According to Deadline Hollywood, Saw franchise partners Twisted Pictures and Lionsgate have just exercised an option and installed Saw VI director Kevin Greutert as the director of Saw VII 3D. This means David Hackl (who directed Saw V) is off the movie and will instead be assigned another Twisted/Lionsgate film shortly. (In short, both Hackl and Greutert had two picture deals with Twisted and they're putting Greutert on Saw VII to prevent him from directing Paranormal Activity 2.)

YAY he's directing!!

HAHA! I was checking to see when this thread would be made. Finally.

Yeah, the news about Kevin coming back to direct is good, I think. But under the circumstances that he is coming back under, suck. Bottom line. The guy got called in two weeks before production starts. And they actually made him come back. He is very upset, according to his blog. Hopefully he can stop the 3D madness, because no one wants to see a 3D SAW.

HAHA! I was checking to see when this thread would be made. Finally.

Yeah, the news about Kevin coming back to direct is good, I think. But under the circumstances that he is coming back under, suck. Bottom line. The guy got called in two weeks before production starts. And they actually made him come back. He is very upset, according to his blog. Hopefully he can stop the 3D madness, because no one wants to see a 3D SAW.

I am sure they didn't make him come back, he could've always said no and let David Hackl direct it. But in all honesty I think what brought him back is how well received the 6th film was compared to the 5th film. Although I do hope he does stop the 3D concept. If he doesn't I'll just watch the 2D version instead when it's released.

BOO-YA!!! They take back more or less what is there's.

It's more a less starting the war with Paramount and there Paraboring NonActivity movie.

I'm excited he;'s back for part 7. So suck Paramount and PA2! I hate you! PA had to be honestly the worst movie of 2009 and that I had seen in some while.

lol i never saw PA.. looked boring.. how dare they try to steal Saw's only respectable director.. its enough they stole halloween :(

i hope the 3D goes away.. its so pointlessly costly.
ive seen the BTS of the saw series and they're always pinching and squeazing pennies to make things...that same 3d money could go for making the movie a better one.

I feel sorry for Kevin because he's angry and doesn't get to make the movie he wanted to make, and also because I hear he only has two weeks before they start this thing. But as a Saw Fan, I'm more confident and looking forward to Saw VII now because Kevin is directing. I liked Saw V, but VI was the superior film, and is arguably the best directed of the series.

I really feel sorry for David as well, preparing for a movie that was declared yours from the beginning, only to be shucked to the side at the last moment. This is some vindictive stuff that Lionsgate pulled here. Lets see if it works, and what Paramount will do for Paranormal Activity 2.

I really like this series and the twists are amazing, but they should really stop now. Saw V was disappointing, Saw VI was better.

I'd rate them
I
II
IV
III
VI
V

Apparently the rumor is they're going to stop after VII due to the poor earnings of the sixth film. Also they're finally going to show what happened to Dr. Gordon as well.

However, I can see them bringing in Gordon's family and having say the events from their perspective in order to keep fans guessing and probably wanting more Saw films. Either way I am looking forward to Saw VII and just finished watching VI a few minutes ago.

the Dr. Gordon thing was just a rumor...

and why bother stopping at 7.... theres just two more to go afterwards and its done.

These movies are cool but i wish they would find a way to end this.

Also the story behind the director coming back is lousy and I hate those type of circumstances. They need to treat movies like art and less like a commodity.

Make no mistake about it, VII is the last one. I love these movies to death, but yeah, they need to end it.

I dont even like the Saw movies that much (aside from being a horror fan that will watch any Horror film) but I see no reason to end the franchise as long it's making money and you can figure out a way to keep telling stories.

i just find it funny that the cop suddenly became a genius in mechanical engineering

I dont even like the Saw movies that much (aside from being a horror fan that will watch any Horror film) but I see no reason to end the franchise as long it's making money and you can figure out a way to keep telling stories.

Yeah, but that money is declining.

If there are more SAW movies after VII, I bet they'll be released directly to DVD.

I definitely think that the franchise deserves to nt be direct to dvd. If the thrill of a 3D Saw movie doesnt bring back the casual fans who skipped the last few, then end the franchise. Dont go the Hellraiser route and release DVDs...it makes me weep for the misfortune of the icon.

And I'm a guy that watches LOTS of direct to DVD horror movies.

I definitely think that the franchise deserves to nt be direct to dvd. If the thrill of a 3D Saw movie doesnt bring back the casual fans who skipped the last few, then end the franchise. Dont go the Hellraiser route and release DVDs...it makes me weep for the misfortune of the icon.

And I'm a guy that watches LOTS of direct to DVD horror movies.

Yeah, I'd hate to see SAW get the direct-to-DVD treatment, but thats the only way this series will continue if it gets past VII.

I hate the idea of a 3D SAW. I think everybody hates it. If it happens....I have a feeling it'll flop....big time. I mean, you look at the SAW series and where the hell do you get the idea to make one 3D?! Whose idea was that?! It honestly makes no sense. I mean, most of the series is dialogue. Look at the first movie.

The thing is that the average casual horror movie fan prbably thinks that Saw is a great franchise for 3D treatment. The fact is that most peoople dont follow the story or keep up with the characters, and the fact that they have to remember details is probably one of the main reasons why the movies arent doing as well. When people hear that a 3D Saw movie is coming out they'll think "Thats awesome! All of the exploding heads and gross out scenes in 3D!!" and they'll probably mistakenly remember some of the kills in Hostel as part of the Saw franchise.

From a casual horror moviegoer standpoint, i think its a good move.

The thing is that the average casual horror movie fan prbably thinks that Saw is a great franchise for 3D treatment. The fact is that most peoople dont follow the story or keep up with the characters, and the fact that they have to remember details is probably one of the main reasons why the movies arent doing as well. When people hear that a 3D Saw movie is coming out they'll think "Thats awesome! All of the exploding heads and gross out scenes in 3D!!" and they'll probably mistakenly remember some of the kills in Hostel as part of the Saw franchise.

From a casual horror moviegoer standpoint, i think its a good move.

You really think that's the case? That it isn't declining due to oversaturation with a new movie being released every year? Not even the old Freddie, Jason, Michael Myers franchises released a movie every year.

You really think that's the case? That it isn't declining due to oversaturation with a new movie being released every year? Not even the old Freddie, Jason, Michael Myers franchises released a movie every year.
Well, actually they kinda did. Or atleast every other year. With the friday the 13th movies, they were up to part 4 by 1984 already. With the first coming out in 1980.

the Dr. Gordon thing was just a rumor...

and why bother stopping at 7.... theres just two more to go afterwards and its done.

Actually both Hackl and Greutert both stated that they would reveal what happened to Gordon in Saw VII. Granted as you said, it's a rumor and a rumor could've been started anywhere. But I think they're starting to realize that fans want to see and know what happened to him.

There are two types of horror fans...the connoisseurs, and morons.

Go see a Horror movie on opening night, and its mostly people giggling with their friends as they scream at every jump scare. These people are there for the shocks and the gore. they are NOT there for the story. saw has given people an intricate story going through several films and you have to pay attention to details.

bad news..

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=13849

Whether he likes it or not, Saw VI director Kevin Greutert is indeed heading back to Toronto to direct Saw VII.

In a blog post entitled "Woo hoo! Lawyers are sending me to Canada tomorrow!" he writes this:

I just had the task of telling my 83 year old mother that no, I'm not going to be allowed to direct the movie we were all so excited about when my family last got together, and that I'm being forced to leave town before getting a chance to see her again. Yes, I'll be filming people getting tortured YET AGAIN. So we'll have to put off me making a film she can actually watch for another year.

Which, I presume, leaves Paramount high and dry and without a director for Paranormal Activity 2. Hey, we hear David Hackl's looking for a gig now...

Furthermore, will Greutert find his happiness on the seventh Saw entry, scheduled to be done in 3D? I'd hate to be on that crew.

what the hell is the deal with this guy...?

why would he even consider directing a sequel to a movie that financially crippled his own movie last halloween??:huh:

he's a good director but if he's gonna film the next saw (and possibly the last) with bitterness towards the studio its going to turn into spiderman3. :o

Why wouldn't he want to do it? I would think after editing 5 Saw films and directing another, you'd want to move on to other things, especially when the studio already had another director lined up for Saw VII. Kevin has done nothing wrong here, in fact he's one of the three victims, the others being David Hackl and Paramount.

bad news..

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=13849

what the hell is the deal with this guy...?

why would he even consider directing a sequel to a movie that financially crippled his own movie last halloween??:huh:

he's a good director but if he's gonna film the next saw (and possibly the last) with bitterness towards the studio its going to turn into spiderman3. :o
I just got done listening to the commentary for Saw 6 and he said he would liked to have come back if he was asked and he said he had a good time. So I don't know what happen.

Funny enough they actually mention Paranormal Activity. Along the lines of having the swinging billy puppet cost 15,000 and someone said I think that cost more Paranormal Activity. Then they said that's all their gonna talk about that. They said the commentary was recorded two weeks after its release.

But yeah, that seems like an i'm gonna jump ship to the next film that beat mine. I'm sorry, but i'm sure Paranormal Activity 2 is gonna be even worse then the first one. And that's gonna be a pretty hard thing to do.

And to say Paramount is a victim, I don't think so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"