Twisted Pictures to remake The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

That's how I feel about the people that ***** endlessly about the series with complaints as hollow and shortsighted as that one.

I find a man consumed by grief having to face the people he's demonized in his mind and seeing them humanized before his eyes being interwinded with a woman dealing a self destructive addiction to violence and lack of self control, or a greedy health care executive that's made matters of life and death all about profitability having to face a situation where he's forced to face the emotional aspect right before his eyes alot more interesting than...guy with mask stabbing people on a certain date every year.

But hey, that's just me, guess that makes me a ****ing joke compared to the oh so high minded "ugh! this **** sucks!" crowd. ;)

And if I remember correctly, you're one of the people that loves that 100 minute bad SNL skit known as Scream 4, in which case you have no business calling anyone elses opinions about actual horror movies a joke, as that's easily one of the worst mainstream ones to ever get a theatrical release, and the film before it wasn't very good (to be nice).
Perhaps the SAW sequels should've had guys staggering around cracking horrible one liners during their own death scenes, or had openings that rip off Tropic Thunder so they could've maintaned the high calibur of 'quality' of other horror franchises...
Whole lot of ********* in this post.

Shush you. But yeah. The Saw franchise single handled brought about the death of horror with it's constant sequel after sequel that amounted to nothing but a story that thought it was soooo clever, but it really wasn't, and placing **** tons of gore in the place of actual legit horror. Everyone decided let's copy them! And bam! horror was dead (again.)

That so called 100 minute SNL sketch called Scream 4 at least got that right (and a lot more in my opinion). The Saw franchise was a terrible franchise because it was nothing but a splatter house full of ****** characters who you didn't care about and therefore there was no horror to the situation. Just oh look that dude's guts is on the floor.

So this is a "remake" of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2 then? Lame, that's actually my favorite film out of the franchise mainly because of the late, great Dennis Hopper and hottie Caroline Williams at the time.

The Saw franchise single handled brought about the death of horror with it's constant sequel after sequel that amounted to nothing but a story that thought it was soooo clever, but it really wasn't, and placing **** tons of gore in the place of actual legit horror. Everyone decided let's copy them! And bam! horror was dead (again.)

That so called 100 minute SNL sketch called Scream 4 at least got that right (and a lot more in my opinion). The Saw franchise was a terrible franchise because it was nothing but a splatter house full of ****** characters who you didn't care about and therefore there was no horror to the situation. Just oh look that dude's guts is on the floor.

SAW I and II were fine until Hostel came out, which IMO caused the producers to turn the franchise starting with III. It didn't help that they thought killing off the main villain AND his apprentice was a good idea. :doh:
And knowing how greedy Mark Burg is, he'd still be having more SAW movies made if it hadn't been for that damn Paranormal Activity bullsh**.

Not really. It sounds like that this is going to follow the Superman Returns formula by completely and deservingly forgetting the films that weren't directed by the original director and make this film the "true" third film.

As a matter in fact, it's exactly like Superman Returns. Ignore the awful third and fourth film. Make it a sequel to Richard Donner's/Tobe Hooper's first two films. Get massive fanboy/original director to make the film. :awesome:

Actually, the unrated director's cut of TCSM3 was pretty good. I understand that the theatrical release was so watered down that nobody who was a fan of the first two liked it. I've only ever seen the extended cut myself, and I liked it better than Part 2. It felt more to be in the same spirit as the original, while Part 2 always felt like it was a spoof of the original.

That's how I feel about the people that ***** endlessly about the series with complaints as hollow and shortsighted as that one.

I find a man consumed by grief having to face the people he's demonized in his mind and seeing them humanized before his eyes being interwinded with a woman dealing a self destructive addiction to violence and lack of self control, or a greedy health care executive that's made matters of life and death all about profitability having to face a situation where he's forced to face the emotional aspect right before his eyes alot more interesting than...guy with mask stabbing people on a certain date every year.

But hey, that's just me, guess that makes me a ****ing joke compared to the oh so high minded "ugh! this **** sucks!" crowd. ;)

And if I remember correctly, you're one of the people that loves that 100 minute bad SNL skit known as Scream 4, in which case you have no business calling anyone elses opinions about actual horror movies a joke, as that's easily one of the worst mainstream ones to ever get a theatrical release, and the film before it wasn't very good (to be nice).
Perhaps the SAW sequels should've had guys staggering around cracking horrible one liners during their own death scenes, or had openings that rip off Tropic Thunder so they could've maintaned the high calibur of 'quality' of other horror franchises...

This ridiculous post has driven me to drink. And drive.

How many times can we watch a madman with a chainsaw chase the same set of kids only to kill them in the end? Its the same story over and over.... Enter creepy town then enter creepy house, meet the weird hick family that lives there, then get chased by a chainsaw maniac and die.

To say the horror genre needs new life would be an understatement. With dribble like saw/ paranormal activity etc. I lose hope in this genre each year.

Last edited:
Here is an interview with Dan Yeager, the man who plays the role of Leatherface in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D.

How did you land the part?
I met Carl Mazzocone a few years ago. We became friends through a mutual love of boats and building stuff. I met John Luessenhop at Carl's Christmas party last year. He thought I was menacingly perfect for the role (so he said). I guess they talked about it and hatched the scheme right there.​
What was the auditioning process like?
Carl knows a guy I studied acting with named Jeff Celentano, a great actor and director. Jeff thought I'd be good in the role, but it wasn't until they saw me on stage as 'Erbert The 'Orrible Ogre that Carl was convinced. I think Carl and John both were a little surprised by the depth I was able to bring to the character. I hope the audience will like it.​
To prepare for the role of the original Leatherface, Gunnar Hansen studied mentally challenged individuals. Is that something you did?
I've known a few people throughout my life who were mentally challenged. They informed my understanding of the character to a degree. I mainly studied what Gunnar did and ripped him off unashamedly, as we are playing the same individual. I worked on the character and how the intervening circumstances from the time of Gunnar's portrayal to the current sequel would have affected him and tried to make that seem organic.​
What other research methods did you use in your preparation?
The one thing I wasn't prepared for was the influence the wardrobe, mask and saw would have on how I felt being the character. A lot of actors can stay in character the whole time they are making a movie. I couldn't do it for more than 15 minutes at a time. It really is a painful thing to be Leatherface. I don't think any of us are ready to really face his reality. The strange, but cool thing was that I could put on the mask and instantly enter his world. It was a great shortcut to the character. There are scenes where I chase people with a live chainsaw, covered in blood. I always knew that safety was the first concern, and the process of freshening up the blood would always make my hands slippery. I had someone there who would wipe my palms so I could hold on to the saw without interfering with my process. Then they'd hand me the saw. In an instant, I could become Leatherface and pursue the prey with the clear intent of killing them. There were several times that it went on well after "Cut" was called because I couldn't hear anything over the roar of the saw. The other actors always wisely continued to run.​

Last edited:
When you were playing the role of Leatherface, did you see yourself as a villain or a monster?
No, I always played him as a human being with a legitimate point of view. Leatherface has a set of values and interests that he believes are right, like anyone else.​

Did you have to go through any physical transformations to play the part?
I hit the gym with an increased degree of intensity and did a lot of hiking in the hills. My normal weight is about 250 lbs, so I'll work my way back down to that from the 275 lbs you'll see on the screen.​

You’re bound to be in the nightmares of many a moviegoer for the near future. What scenes or movies caused you to stay up all night with the lights on?
Actually, I have been strangely at ease with the story and didn't find the making of the movie at all disturbing. Early in my preparation for the role I realized I didn't have the guts to try to go to sleep as the character. I watched very little of the playback while we were filming, but do regret seeing one particular sequence because it was so horrific. It wasn't me I saw doing what they had me do. I can't believe they will actually be able to include that shot in the final cut. We'll see...​

Will Hansen make a cameo in this movie?
Yes, he did. He was fantastic, as you can well imagine.​

Did you know that Leatherface had his own comic book?
I did know there was a comic book, but I haven't seen it yet. I saw a few on ebay and was thinking about buying them. I find it intriguing, the different modes of storytelling. I am a book collector and love all manner of printed ephemera. This could be the start of yet another collection for which my house is too small.​

Have you become a fan of Trey Songz music after performing with him in the movie?
I have only heard one of his songs as it came on the radio driving to set one day. Like most old men, I can't say I'm a fan of the music, but I am a huge fan of Trey Songz, the person. He is a great guy and I look forward to hanging out with him again. I was fortunate enough to meet his beautiful mother and his younger brother, as well as a few of his friends and they are all wonderful people.​

All the fan boys have a big crush on Alexandra Daddario. Is she a peach on set, or a tyrant?
We stayed away from each other during most of the shoot while on set. We did have a few chances after work to hang out, though. She is a wonderful girl; very sweet and kind to everyone. She really put her heart into her performance and has a work ethic unrivaled by anyone. Tania Raymonde was exquisite, as well; an absolute pleasure to work with and be around.​

What is the tone of this movie?
That will be subject to editing, but I believe they are using the original as a model.​

You hear many actors complain that they can't go out in public, once they've become a star and their face is everywhere. Now for you I see the opposite problem, you could have a hit movie on your hands and people won't be able to recognize you. Do you see that as a blessing or a necessary limitation?
I think it's a definite plus. People treat you differently when they know you've been in a movie. My anonymity gives me a measure of control in how I'm perceived by the people I meet. It's not that I mind people knowing what I do, but for the most part, when I meet people, they don't have any preconceptions beyond, "Who's the tall guy?" Everybody always responds positively when I tell them what I've been up to, and I'm always happy to take pictures with them and sign stuff for them.​

Is it true that the movie starts where the last one ended?
Yes. There's talk of using some of the original footage, but I haven't seen anything yet. It begins at Sally's escape.​

The last shot of the original film was of Leatherface cutting his own leg. Can we expect to see some remnant of that wound, or is he all healed up?
It's there, but it's not a plot point.​

What is your approach to acting? Are you a method actor who has to stay in character throughout the filming?
I've studied a number of methods, but a lot of that goes out the window with the realities of making a movie. Those methods were developed for stage and aren't practical given the way movies are shot, even more so in shooting a 3D movie. There are helpful techniques in finding a character, but they are of limited value for portraying a character for a camera.​

You stand six feet, six inches. Was there any difficulty in walking around obstacles with a mask on your face?
It's not as bad as you might think. The physical challenges of running with a chainsaw and clearing obstacles in the dark would have been hard without the mask. There were only a few times the mask was a real hindrance.​

John Laroquette did the narration for the opening scene of the original movie. Is he back? If not, will there be any narration at all?
That's something I don't know anything about. There is a lot of talk about it amongst the fans.​

The funny thing about the original is that only one victim is killed with a chainsaw. Does that tally go up in your version?
I think you are obligated to kill someone with a chainsaw if you're going to have a chainsaw massacre. This is only my opinion and in no way guarantees you'll see someone killed with a chainsaw in our movie. That would reveal something I'm not at liberty to discuss.​

Does the movie leave room for a sequel?
Yes, as many as five more...​

What’s next for you?
I'm looking for another project, but don't have anything lined up yet. I'm sure we will be doing a lot of promotion for this movie when the time comes. I am also working on a line of t-shirts that I hope will hit the market soon. Other than that, I'm just enjoying ride.​

Is there any dream role you'd like? And is there a comic book character you'd love to play?
The only character every really dreamed of playing is Frankenstein's Monster; though, if they ever make a movie out of "Underworld," I'd love to play Creep Rat. I don't know much about comic books, but I have a feeling enlightenment is right around the corner.​

I'm not sure if the true source pertaining to the interview is that website that we aren't suppose to mention. It may have possibly came from TTCM Uk fansite, from the looks of it it seems like that.

I'm going off of what I found when the Google results came up, this is what I am talking about.

"The Texas Chainsaw Massacre fansite with movie news, images, fan section, trailers and ... and what Dan Yeager's interpretation of the original Leatherface will be like. Dan has kindly agreed to do an interview with our site when he's able to"

Last edited:
More plot details.

Twenty years ago, the town of Newt, Texas exacted vengeance on the Sawyer family for their role in assisting and concealing murders committed by the chainsaw-wielding maniac Jeb Sawyer, aka "Leatherface." The entire family was presume killed when Burt Hartman led the townspeople to burn down their farm house, but the Sawyer infant survived and was secretly taken away by two of the vigilante townies, Gavin and Arlene, and raised their daughter Heather. It's not until she's in her twenties that Heather learns that she's adopted. A lawyer for her grandmother tracks her down with word she's been left an inheritance.

Angry at her parents for lying to her, she sets out for Texas on a road trip with her boyfriend Ryan, friends Nikki and Kenny, and Darryl, a hitchhiker they pick up on the way.

Ultimately, Leatherface shows up when this team arrive in Newt, Texas and he raises some hell.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/afmnews.php?id=21717

To say the horror genre needs new life would be an understatement. With dribble like saw/ paranormal activity etc. I lose hope in this genre each year.

Don't compare Saw with Paranormal Activity. Both films rely on different tactics to scare its audience.

I've always wondered why ppl hate on Saw for all of its sequel nonesense (I only really liked the first one myself), but love and appreciate all the Nightmare and Friday sequels. Those were just as *****. Maybe even more so.

Don't compare Saw with Paranormal Activity. Both films rely on different tactics to scare its audience.

I've always wondered why ppl hate on Saw for all of its sequel nonesense (I only really liked the first one myself), but love and appreciate all the Nightmare and Friday sequels. Those were just as *****. Maybe even more so.

Oh yes I will, there all in the horror genre. yes they rely on different tactics to scare people. Saw just became about how gruesome the next death can be and eventually the games themselves just became so far fetched. The genre is in need of new life. This happens from time to time, now it seems that scifi is making a big comeback. I say in 4-5 years well see fresh new horror movies.

More plot details.

Twenty years ago, the town of Newt, Texas exacted vengeance on the Sawyer family for their role in assisting and concealing murders committed by the chainsaw-wielding maniac Jeb Sawyer, aka "Leatherface." The entire family was presume killed when Burt Hartman led the townspeople to burn down their farm house, but the Sawyer infant survived and was secretly taken away by two of the vigilante townies, Gavin and Arlene, and raised their daughter Heather. It's not until she's in her twenties that Heather learns that she's adopted. A lawyer for her grandmother tracks her down with word she's been left an inheritance.

Angry at her parents for lying to her, she sets out for Texas on a road trip with her boyfriend Ryan, friends Nikki and Kenny, and Darryl, a hitchhiker they pick up on the way.

Ultimately, Leatherface shows up when this team arrive in Newt, Texas and he raises some hell.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/afmnews.php?id=21717

I just dont know where to begin with that mess if this is indeed the story. From that sysnopsis I see a couple plot holes already. If the the whole family is killed then where was leatherface hiding for 20 years? Also why would she want to go back to texas just because she was adopted from there? why did they move away anyway? How did a baby survive a fire long enough to be discovered? Another hicthhiker? How would a lawyer know to track her down if no one knew there was a baby?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"