Twisted Pictures to remake The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

teewee1432

Civilian
Reaction score
Twisted Pictures ("Saw" films) are closing a deal to take over the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" franchise, reports Variety.

The producer/financier is in talks to partner in the films with Lionsgate, which has distributed all the movies in the "Saw" series, including the Oct. 23 release of Saw VI.

The plan is to contemporize the storyline for a 3D film that would be written by Stephen Susco (The Grudge). Carl Mazzocone, Mark Burg and Oren Koules will produce.

The Twisted Pictures deal is for multiple films, adds the trade.

...Wasn't this done? Like, recently?

A second remake? Really?

Doesn't Platinum Dunes and New Line Cinema own the remake rights to the franchise? This is just ridiculous.

****!! ****!!! ****!!! ****!!!! ****!!!!! ****!!!!!! ****!!!!! ****!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's all I have to say.

A second remake? Really?

Doesn't Platinum Dunes and New Line Cinema own the remake rights to the franchise? This is just ridiculous.

Of course, so were the remakes.

..ahhh the 3D gimmick

More 3D???? Come on Hollywood. WHAT THE ****!!!!!!!

WTF.... ok I've had just about enough of this remake bullcrap... they just ****ing remade it a Few years ago then did a prequel to the remake.... GIVE IT UP ALREADY!!! :argh:

There has been six Texas Chainsaw movies. Only one was good. 3D is unlikely to improve this statistic.

Twisted Pictures ("Saw" films) are closing a deal to take over the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" franchise, reports Variety.

The producer/financier is in talks to partner in the films with Lionsgate, which has distributed all the movies in the "Saw" series, including the Oct. 23 release of Saw VI.

The plan is to contemporize the storyline for a 3D film that would be written by Stephen Susco (The Grudge). Carl Mazzocone, Mark Burg and Oren Koules will produce.

The Twisted Pictures deal is for multiple films, adds the trade.
The words "remake" or "reboot" aren't mentioned anywhere in this article. They could be doing more sequels to either continuity for all we know.

EDIT: Ah, I didn't notice this: "The plan is to contemporize the storyline for a 3D film", which pretty much means it's a remake in 3D. My bad.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Last edited:
What? Why? We just had a remake six years ago and a prequel to the remake 3 years ago. Do we really need another remake? Plus the annoying thing about TCM is that every movie is EXACTLY the same. Come on man. If a movie has got to be remade, it should only be remade once. And if there has to be another remake, it shouldn't happened until a long time after the last remake (Like King Kong 1933-1976-2005)

Enough with the 3D already! And I'm all for remakes, but this is just freaking ridiculous! It just came out 6 years ago. I mean what the F!

What? Why? We just had a remake six years ago and a prequel to the remake 3 years ago. Do we really need another remake? Plus the annoying thing about TCM is that every movie is EXACTLY the same. Come on man. If a movie has got to be remade, it should only be remade once. And if there has to be another remake, it shouldn't happened until a long time after the last remake (Like King Kong 1933-1976-2005)
I don't like the idea of a more modern remake, but to be fair, the writer's wrote themselves into a corner by chopping Leatherface's arm off in the remake. If it can turn a profit, than I can see why another remake could be considered so they can make a series out of it. 3D, blech. I don't mind 3D movies, in fact I loved UP in 3D, but not every damn movie needs it. Never MBV3D so dunno how that worke dout, but when it sound slike every horror franchise is gonna take the 3D, it screams that real creative scares are finally drying up in Hollywood. Thank God for Trick r Treat at least.

I don't think the remake was meant to spawn any other sequels, it only had a prequel cause it made so much money and it was PD's first film and they prolly didn't wanna make sequels after that.

I don't mind a modern day version of TCSM, but it's way too soon since we already had a remake in this decade. 20 years from now, it would be better. Who knows what kind of society we're moving in right now. TCSM (original) was somewhat of a social mirror back in the day. It would have worked for a remake to moderize it had it been done with the remake given to us back in '03. But wanting to do it in 3D...blah. It's just ... I don't even have words for that.

Back to the modern day thing, it's a great idea. TCSM wasn't set in 1973, IT WAS MADE IN 1973...big differance there and that's one of my main reasons for not liking the remake given to us. I live in rural Missouri, and trust me, people like that do exist in today's society, just very much technologicly sound minded. The family would be meth heads today, crazy, and paranoid of the government. But the main problem with doing it at this very moment, in society right now is....IT'S BEEN DONE ALREADY!! 2001 Maniacs comes to mind.

It would be awesome if Texas would have or will break from the Union like they're threatening to do. Yeah, it's not happening, but who knows at this point? That would lead a great path to take the series in. Texas - Enter At Your Own Risk.

I'm sure if done in a honest, and respectful mannor (unlike, imo, the remake '03), a TCSM remake modernized could work...I just don't think it would work right now.

I actually have a few opinions here

A) I find the original highly overrated, not scary, funny as hell, and laugh that it's held to high regards as scary film. I was more terrified by the sequel to the original.

B) I liked the remake better.

C) This thought, this has stink all over it. It's made by the people who makes the **** fest that is the Saw franchise.

D) It's also in the gimmick of 3-D.

Last edited:
Hella lame. Looks like we are in store for a "TCM: The Next Generation" wad of butt dough at this studio.

As long as they bring back Bill Moseley as a new & older "Chop Top" as one of the characters. He could be a Gulf War vet who suffered head trauma & had to have a metal plate put into his head. Just keep Rob Zombie away from it.

Aw....they shouldn't do this. The remake was good enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"