Twisted Pictures to remake The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Sigh. The genre is dying. In my opinion, aside from Insidious, Paranormal Activity is the only thing worth a damn anymore.

If Paranormal Activity is the only thing worth a damn when it comes to horror films, then the genre isn't dying...it's dead.

The poster doesn't induce any type of excitement or interest for me either. They should of at least showed Leatherface.

Another? Can't we just let this series die, and try and let some originality loose?

With both Gunnar Hansen (The Original Leatherface) & Bill Moseley (Chop Top from TCM 2) together in the same movie this sounds promising.

I read the audition sides to this film. Nothing but generic run of the mill stuff. Could be completely different on screen, I get it yada yada yada. But that's how I feel about it.

In the 70s and 80s, we were bombarded by originality. We had a surplus of original material. Freddy, Jason, Michael, Chucky, Pinhead, Leatherface.

Nobody wants to create something new. The newest thing we got was SAW, and that relied heavily on gore and strayed away from actual horror.

..........SAW spewed some pretty terrible sequels. Which is EXACTLY the case with all the Freddy, Jason, Michael, Chucky, Pinhead, and Leatherface movies you deem so original. Not to mention SAW relied on gore, and so did all those other movies as they progressed. This is what we call history repeating itself.

Btw, I only liked the first SAW.

Really?!?! That poster was pretty crappy to start, then they added that horrible tag line of Buzz. Kill. Which made it go from bad to awful.
True, lol. It's cool in the sense of a teaser poster, I guess. I'm still looking foward to the film overall though. It A LOT sounds better than some of the other TCM sequels aside form part 2.

I didn't like any of the TCM sequels until the remake came along.

..........SAW spewed some pretty terrible sequels.

Agree and disagree.

II, III, and VI were great.

IV and VII sucked ass.

I actually liked V, but it gets a lot of hate for being too predictable since it gave away too much info and trying to be different by breaking away from the traditional SAW format (different opening title font, no Game Over line, lack of multiple big twists, etc.)

I thought the first three Saw films were really good. The rest of them were decent. The last Saw had some terrible acting and dialogue but at least they closed out the series.

Saw will get a reboot though.

How many times are they gonna remake this movie ? The last remake was pretty good , but the prequel to it was ok.

Everyone keeps referring to his as a remake. It's not, though, is it?

I thought this was a true sequel. Not sure, though.

Ive got a bad feeling about this, but TCM is my favortie movie so im still interested

All of the SAW movies were atleast good and the best ones (III and VI) are flat out great. SAW is the best long running horror franchise ever. Way better as an overall series than Freddy, Jason, Michael or any other horror icon.
I like all of the TCM movies to some degree except TNG.

I don't see this one not being atleast good. I'm used to peopel *****ing and moaning about horror movies, they always have and I don't expect it to ever stop, but I'm pretty happy with where the genre is at and plenty of my favorites have come out since 2000.

The poster is cool enough for a teaser, but it's pretty generic.

Saw was **** from Saw II. Calling it the best long running horror franchise is a ****ing joke.

That's how I feel about the people that ***** endlessly about the series with complaints as hollow and shortsighted as that one.

I find a man consumed by grief having to face the people he's demonized in his mind and seeing them humanized before his eyes being interwinded with a woman dealing a self destructive addiction to violence and lack of self control, or a greedy health care executive that's made matters of life and death all about profitability having to face a situation where he's forced to face the emotional aspect right before his eyes alot more interesting than...guy with mask stabbing people on a certain date every year.

But hey, that's just me, guess that makes me a ****ing joke compared to the oh so high minded "ugh! this **** sucks!" crowd. ;)

And if I remember correctly, you're one of the people that loves that 100 minute bad SNL skit known as Scream 4, in which case you have no business calling anyone elses opinions about actual horror movies a joke, as that's easily one of the worst mainstream ones to ever get a theatrical release, and the film before it wasn't very good (to be nice).
Perhaps the SAW sequels should've had guys staggering around cracking horrible one liners during their own death scenes, or had openings that rip off Tropic Thunder so they could've maintaned the high calibur of 'quality' of other horror franchises...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"