Scariest/Creepiest things you've ever seen/experienced?

Wrong. It's been disproven by the fact that blind people feel deja vu. It's not fact at all, just the theory that you chose to believe.
Fine, expand it to include auditory input as well. It's more or less the same process of receiving and interpreting electrical signals via external stimuli.

Science > Superstition > You. FTW.

Wrong. It's been disproven by the fact that blind people feel deja vu. It's not fact at all, just the theory that you chose to believe.

Its True, as true as that cows exist.

Deja vu: Brain mistake

No, it's not "more or less the same". But, oh well, it's a brain mistake, if you say so. :dry:

Definitely not right now or tomorrow, but as soon as I can.

Good program on the Sci Fi Channel for people interested in the paranormal, specifically ghosts.

I went of on vacation recently and I fell asleep on my hotel bed. Every time I would go to sleep, I would dream about myself. I could see me on the bed and the TV playing the show I was watching before I went to sleep. Here is where it gets weird. I would see a little girl run up to me and shove me and then I would wake up. It happened three times. I think my room was haunted.

No, it's not "more or less the same". But, oh well, it's a brain mistake, if you say so. :dry:
Are you dense? It's the relay and analysis of electrical signals to the brain through two (count them: two) separate sensory organs. It's almost the same as far as the brain is concerned.

In case you didn't know, the fact that there are two sensory organs is key to the phenomenon of deja vu. It's more or less the same goddamned thing.

Deja vu is the feeling you've lived a moment before. What you experienced was precognition, which (when you realize it has come true) brings the feeling of deja vu and (in my opinion) is directly related to deja vu in its explanation.

My parents told me that ever since I could speak (first word at 9 months) I've been trying to relate to them deja vu experiences until I learned the actual term, which was probably when I was around 6 or 7 or so. They told me it got to the point where, even as a little 3-year-old, I would explain the feeling of living the same exact event again sometimes multiple times a day. Even now, not a week passes without multiple deja vu events (only one deja vu event a week is a rare occurence), and sometimes I have multiple deja vu events a day.

As I got older I began to have dreams or "visions" that would come true (although these experiences were much more rare) and the moments when I realized they came true felt like deja vu, only it was different because whether deja vu is the feeling you've lived an exact moment before, pre-cognition is actually knowing something would happen before it would. I also proved free will exists (to myself, most people don't believe me when I relate my stories) by saving my baby cousin's life after attending a party I wasn't going to attend until I had a dream the night before the occasion that my cousin would be struck and killed in a hit and run accident. My deja vu and precognition eventually lead and is leading to what I consider to be my spiritual enlightenment.

Cool thanks for the explanation

When my wife and I were dating and she was living in her studio workspace in the Chelsea district of Manhattan, I'd visit her for a couple weeks at a time. For the first several nights after I arrived, the ghost in her studio would act up. It would slam doors shut, make the lights dim and, most noticeably, stomp (and I do mean stomp) up and down the hall right outside the bedroom door for hours on end. After a few days, it would calm down again and we wouldn't hear any more racket out of it. Did that every time I showed up, though. The first trip it happened it scared the bejeezus out of me, particularly the stomping up and down the hall. It sounded like an SS Stormtrooper was marching right outside the door. I'd go open it and there would be nobody there, but the stomping would still be going on. Freaky.

jag

lol, your wife must be one fine lady, I would have been gone!

The amount of bull**** in the last two pages of this thread is amusing, but Ghostrider's was perfect.

I know,i've spent the past few minutes looking through the pages of the thread.You can basically know what's lies..and what is true.You just get a feeling from it.I'm going to put something down,to put some truth back into this thread.

This was a dream,i sort of forgot when i had it..but i think it was a few months ago..a year ago is the furthest i would guess.Everyone has dreams,but it's not often that you have one that sticks with you.

I was walking through a dark tunnel.I had the feeling that i knew the reason for going,but i could not think of it..even if i tried hard.I continued to pass,until i came into a maroon red chamber.It was high,tall..i had the feeling that it was rounded at the top.

I saw 3 beings,2 were smaller than the bigger one in the middle.They were actually flat slabs,dark black in color.Almost at odds with the color of the room,they were wide.At the top of these slabs,had a single horn that was curved upward.They actually spoke to me,i looked to the one on the right,then the one on the left.I can't remember what they spoke to me about,but it was something i had guessed and something i had feared.Like something you don't want to know,but are forced to learn anyway.

I shook my head,i blinked my eyes.Then i looked up to the main being inbetween the slabs,it was a giant eye.It did not look humanlike,it had a slit in the middle and the pupil was green.It also said something to me,i felt scared..like this was something i should not be seeing.Afterword,i woke up.I had the strangest feeling i had spoke to something more than a human.

Even now,i can't forget what i saw.Even though,in a way i want to forget.

describing dreams is ******ed....

and a car wreck and the time i broke my ankles skiing.

Even now,i can't forget what i saw.Even though,in a way i want to forget.

Although I've never had a dream that strange(I believe you, btw), I know that feeling of wanting to forget something.

This isn't really an expirience, but one thing that comes to mind that kinda got to me, frightening-wise, was when I was 11, I saw someone spit blood out of their mouth like they do in the movies...it was like in zombie movies where the blood just comes out of the mouth. I didn't think it could happen in real life :huh: The dude was sitting there at the hospital and out of nowhere he coughed a few times and then blood just flowed right out :wow:. It's a pretty different feeling in real life than in the movies, I can tell ya that. I still have no idea what made him do that :huh:

Wow, that sounds bad.

I'm ready to post one of my experiences:

One night, I had a dream that I was at my friend's house where my band regularly rehearses. It's like my second home so it isn't very odd that in the dream I woke up there. Anyway, the house (and as far as I could tell, the entire city of Miami) was deserted. Weird images flashed on the various television screens in the rooms that had on: some of it white noise, some of it images that were decidedly demonic. Anyway, I head downstairs, and I come face to face with the Devil (who in this dream was just a pitch black humanoid shape, like Dusk from the Identity Crisis story line in the Spider-man comics,with ruby red eyes). He tells me something about my friends and family all leaving me, deserting me, in a word, betraying me, and that all my enemies will know how to get to me. He also tells me that in a matter of days he will tap on my window, and that I better get on my knees and pray, for my life will spiral into madness and panic shortly thereafter. The thing that creeped me out the most was that this guy seemed aware of the fact that he was a part of my dream, like he was controlling all of it. When he left the room, I woke up in a cold sweat, on cue, just like the movies. I made nothing of it, and figured it was probably just a product of me listening to a certain Oasis song that conjures up those sort of images while falling asleep or possibly in my sleep, as I had my play list on shuffle and had fallen asleep listening to music. I went back to a sleep that lasted until my alarm woke me up for school a few hours later.

Like I said, I made nothing of it. So why am I posting this here? Because sure enough, a few nights later, I heard a menacing, incessant tapping in the window of my bedroom as I was trying to sleep. I was so afraid, I couldn't even move. I was completely frozen with fear. Then, I did what any Catholic boy would do: I prayed like I never prayed before. The tapping stopped after what must have been about 30 seconds (though it seemed like minutes), and I gathered the courage to check the window: nothing. I did a quick walk-around of my home to make sure everything was alright (I do have parents, a younger sister, and a pet dog, and I'm not a complete wimp) before going back to bed.

Just as the monster in my dream promised the tapping noises, the downfall he had promised came as well. Socially, romantically, academically, and in most ways possible, my life plunged into a downward spiral. Things ended up getting a little better (very recently), but the thought of that ordeal still scares the **** out of me.

what a scary f'n dream.!

I heard a drowning woman through my speakers.

Couldn't slept for days. Nothing was on. Not even iTunes and I still heard a bubbling sound. It went on something like; "Help me...my baby shot me down".

And then that's when I realized that I did have my iTunes on and it was playing the song Bang Bang by Nancy Sinatra. I checked the lyrics and it did have the "my baby shot me down", but not the "help me". I must've imagined it.
familyGuy_Stewie_gunchair_72.jpg

When I was like 12 years old I heard crying from my house and nobody was home exept for me. So I check and soon noticed it was a doll on the ground with a messed up voice thingy. I turn the power off, and go back to sleep. I hear the crying again, I go downstairs and the crying from the doll started to get lower and lower and I soon noticed the doll was ripped to shreds on the ground. I was creeped out and couldent sleep, so I played some ps2 in my room for the rest of the night.

When I was like 12 years old I heard crying from my house and nobody was home exept for me. So I check and soon noticed it was a doll on the ground with a messed up voice thingy. I turn the power off, and go back to sleep. I hear the crying again, I go downstairs and the crying from the doll started to get lower and lower and I soon noticed the doll was ripped to shreds on the ground. I was creeped out and couldent sleep, so I played some ps2 in my room for the rest of the night.
I call BS

Just "lying bout the ripped to shreds part" but I did turn it off and I did go back to sleep and then the crying happened again. And it was off when I went downstairs. And never again it never cried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"