Scariest films you've seen?

Yea the unrated version. The ending is great. I'm not sure whether i'd called it bittersweet, or flat out depressing haha

Oh man it seriously is. I watched it late last night after having a joint, it was a great experience. And i didn't really know anything about it before hand, other than hearing it's great and scary. I imagined it'd be a straight up horror, but yea like you say, it's got a lot of layers there and things to think about.

Go re-watch it!
the descent is a perfect horror movie. it has everything. its scary,deep story and good characters. and only female characters ? haha this is just a BIG BONUS. i also watched the movie without knowing what it is.

You know I'm probably in the minority but I liked the Descent part 2 as much as the first. The entire last half-hour is so tense and really just this absolute scramble for survival :up:

I can't decide what movie was scariest for me but I can say what scene out of all the movies I've ever seen still creeps me out every time I see it. I have no idea why. lol

From Insidious:
Warning creepy/disturbing image

hr_insidious_15.jpg

lol.

Last edited:
I can't decide what movie was scariest for me but I can say what scene out of all the movies I've ever seen still creeps me out every time I see it. I have no idea why. lol

From Insidious:
Warning creepy/disturbing image

hr_insidious_15.jpg

lol.
That was the only disturbing part of the movie, side from the ending. The rest was sort of blah.
Prince of Darkness:

[YT]iY-QBvy3lR8[/YT]

[YT]OGsv0pJemTY[/YT]
:up:

Last edited:
Anything by David Lynch is pretty much instant nightmare fuel...

I also think Exorcist 3 is criminally underrated.

Anything by David Lynch is pretty much instant nightmare fuel...

I also think Exorcist 3 is criminally underrated.

That scene where the nurse keeps going back and forth between the rooms and at one point the crazy comes out with that huge hedge clipper weapon. That scene still gets me to this day because I always forget exactly when it happens.

Jacob's Ladder,
the idea of purgatory being one long nightmare before clarity of your own death scares the crap out of me.

second to that...Insidious because
the idea that lost souls spend eternity in a hellish oblivion trying to re-enter the world of the living is friggin' scary

But aside from films that make you question life after death, I love a good slasher, ghost story, and occasional torture flick, where it's not supernatural just really messed up that someone could find themselves in such an extreme situation of survival from sick individuals we hope we never encounter in life.

Basically the best horror movies to me ask the one question: "what would you do if you were in that situation?" and what would it take for you to survive.

Pans Labyrinth when the guy has his Nose smashed inwards with the bottom bit of a Glass bottle and he goes into shock before being shot in the head! Actually think it traumatized me because I wasn't expecting it!

:edit:
Posted this before I read some other posts.

That scene where the nurse keeps going back and forth between the rooms and at one point the crazy comes out with that huge hedge clipper weapon. That scene still gets me to this day because I always forget exactly when it happens.

Misery.

Although I was more disgusted than actually scared. So much I saw it once back in 1995 I think and have never seen it again. True story.

Insidious was pretty spooky (at least the first 2/3rds of it).

For me though (I know some people might scoff) but the Grudge really creeps me out. I wont even think about watching it alone lol. One viewing was enough for my wife, she wont watch it again ;)

The Exorcist
Mulholland Dr.
The Shining
Lost Highway
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)
Not a movie, but the final episode of Twin Peaks...wow.

Scariest: The Exorcist

Most Disturbing: I Spit On Your Grave (original)

REC did a pretty good job of scaring me whilst watching it alone in the middle of the night.

Pans Labyrinth when the guy has his Nose smashed inwards with the bottom bit of a Glass bottle and he goes into shock before being shot in the head! Actually think it traumatized me because I wasn't expecting it!

Seconded. I had to turn away :(

Yea that scene was brutal. I totally didn't expect to see something like that. I thought Pan's Labyrinth was supposed to be a dark children's film.

When I was 11 and saw Poltergeist, I was scared as ****. Maybe seems strange, but as a kid I wasn't used to horror films. And 11 year olds are easier to frighten than adults.

The man itching his face of in the mirror
The short lady and the way she hinted at the devil himself.
The tree etaing the kid
The clown attacking the kid (I was afraid of bigger dolls after this, fearing they would move)
The strange demon creature (dragon/dog or something)

Nightmare on Elm Street in the 80s.

nothing terrified me after that. It was the ULTIMATE thing a bad guy who could kill you in your sleep. I was about 12 or 13. Yup nothing phased me after seeing that movie.

Event Horizon disturbed me,
The Ring creeped me WAY out...
The first SAW really messed with my head.

but nothing has been scary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"