Scott Pilgrim's Most Epic Thread Ever - Part 1

They could always make an animated series.

I'd love to see the entire series adapted like this:

[YT]BitByGeWGxU[/YT]

Maybe even get the original actors back to voice their characters. :up:

Watching this on MTV right now. Kind of shocked they're actually showing it.

I'd love to see the entire series adapted like this:

[YT]BitByGeWGxU[/YT]

Maybe even get the original actors back to voice their characters. :up:

Aren't those the actors voicing them though?

Never knew there was a thread for this film on here.

Love this film. Soon as I saw the trailer I knew this was a film for me, Edgar Wright's style and comedy as well as his eye for detail (there are so many hidden jokes/details in this film) worked brilliantly and it was just a fun film.

By far one of the best comic book films.

I'd love some Lucas Lee films.

http://www.slashfilm.com/scott-pilgrim-lucas-lees-fake-movie-posters/

lucaslee_2.jpg

lucaslee_3.jpg

lucaslee_4.jpg

lucaslee_5.jpg

lucaslee_6.jpg

What makes me laugh is every time I see people on these boards who have never actually given this film the time of day writing it off as "hipster crap" and using comparisons to it as a catchall for other things they consider to be "hipster crap."

Its quite bizarre.

For most of them they just latch on to many of the stereotypes surrounding Cera's films.

Also apparently being in a band makes you a hipster.

The thing is those characters that are self centered and believe themselves to be trend setters are the villains.

What's funny is if so many of these people actually watched the film and realized that the movie has a strong appeal for the people who like 80's video games, various comic books, anime and music from the 90's... given the topics and demographics on these boards they probably fall well within the audience they are ripping on.

Exactly. It's one of the smarter geek films.

Scott Pilgrim is the best comic book movie.

Yea it's one of the better comic book adapted movies out there. I wasn't a fan of the comic's ( still haven't read them) or indie rock music but I still loved the movie. The story, humor, characters, fight scenes, and gamer nods made it all worth while for me.

I've only read the first comic. All I know is that the ending to the whole thing is different from the film.

Actually the ending is the same as the comics.

The end of the ending is, the lead up is pretty different though.
All 3 final chapters, (comics, movie and game) all differ because the film and game were in development before the 5th both was published. But they all lead to the same character and story ideas, and the same basic finale.

The final confrontation happens at the Chaos Theatre, the extra life, subspace and Scott realizing he is a jerk. They even have sword.

Really? Interesting.

I just assumed he ended up with Knives. I actually liked that alternate ending for the film better.
Scott and Ramona end up together in the comics. They are going to give it another go, without the baggage, just like in the film. They even jump into subspace together just like in the film.

I believe the film originally had 2 endings. One where he ends up with Knives and one where he ends up with Ramona. Then he re-shot the ending a third time to match it with the book.

Scott ending up with Knives never really made much sense to me considering the general themes.

Scott and Ramona end up together in the comics. They are going to give it another go, without the baggage, just like in the film. They even jump into subspace together just like in the film.

I believe the film originally had 2 endings. One where he ends up with Knives and one where he ends up with Ramona. Then he re-shot the ending a third time to match it with the book.

Scott ending up with Knives never really made much sense to me considering the general themes.

I personally would leave both of them. But if I had to choose, I'd go with Knives since I couldn't see what was appealing about Ramona. Or at least appealing enough to be cool eith dealing with her exes. Maybe that's one of the things that didn't appeal to the general audience in terms of marketing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"