Script Discussion thread SPOILERS INSIDE

I read some place online that the destroyer fight is just a quick hammer to the head fight :csad:

Please tell me that isn't so!!

The Destroyer definitely isn't the indestructible force it is in the comics, but the fight isn't quite that simple. It does get beat easier than I would like, but that is after it causes a lot of destruction and pretty much takes out the Warriors Three.

I read some place online that the destroyer fight is just a quick hammer to the head fight :csad:

Please tell me that isn't so!!

I don't think it's nearly that short, but I have heard that it's rather disappointing in the script. That's why I'm currently looking foward to the Frost Giant battle and the Loki fight alot more.

But who knows, they could have made the battle significantly longer during filming (I sure hope so).

Absolutely - The script tends to leave out details when describing action sequences. They very well could have filmed a lot more than is spelled out in the script.

Yep, just look at how they added the giant "Jotunhiem creature" and it was nowhere in the script.

I actually think that from the footage we have already seen, there is no way the Destroyer fight is anything too major.

Yeah Bruce, it seems like they've weakened Destroyer quite a bit sadly.
I hope the fight is longer than it is in the Script, but, what IS described sounds pretty cool.

I'm not really bothered by the Destroyer being weakened, because it'll just make Thor seem that much more powerful.

I don't wanna see an "Iron Monger/Iron Man" type fight in Thor, it was a one sided "beatdown".

I sure wish Thor's fight with Loki spilled into Asgard's city instead of being in a limited space.

Yeah it could have been cool to see an Asgardian based fight scene. Maybe in Thor 2.

I found the script that got leaked recently, and....I think it's 100% legit! I looked for some of the lines from the new trailer in the script, and they are an exact match. The scene at the diner, all the new lines we heard, ALL of it matches with this draft of the script! I think CBM was right: it's definitely not fan-made. Besides, the leak was reported BEFORE the release of the latest trailer, so how could someone make them up like that?

Well even that leaked script has very minor changes Movielord.
For example the Frost Giant monster isn't in the Script, Nick Fury isn't in it and we KNOW they did some filming with Sam Jackson FOR Thor just to name a couple things.
Even the script itself is labeled as a revision with omitted/changed scenes.

As for faking a script, I'm sure it can be done but why go to that extent? There is also that 1st draft that was set in the viking era. THAT in itself would be a great novel.

Yeah it could have been cool to see an Asgardian based fight scene. Maybe in Thor 2.

Yeah, maybe a fight with Ulik or Executioner to stop them from invading Asgard.

Was Ulik, Surtur or Ymir even mentioned in the Script?

No there weren't Manowar. That doesn't mean there isn't some visual adds somewhere.
Kenneth mentioned some easter eggs in the treasure room and we know we'll see the Infinity Gauntlet in there, so maybe, during one scene where they explain Odin finding the abandoned baby Loki we might get to see something of Ymir.

I really think the two best opportunities for Easter eggs and nods to the fans will be what you mentioned Vartha ... The treasure room and the flashback scene of Odin's fight with the Frost Giants.

I think there could possibly be some cool things in those scenes. With the treasue room especially, I'll be checking out every little detail shown on the screen.

Yeah I can't wait to see what's in that room myself Stein.
I just can't think of where they could place Ulik or Surtur. The only place I can see them even using a flash back is the throne room scene during Odin's speech where he says he sacrificed much, and show Surtur and Troll battles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"