Script Discussion thread SPOILERS INSIDE

i'm not sure that's going to be in the movie. i remember colm feore talking about some changes to his interaction with odin in that scene that they came up with in rehearsals that were supposed to be very different to the script.

That kind of sucks. I hope it's not too different from what is in the script.

Basically Odin rides in on Selpnir and saves Thor and crew, Odin tries to apologize to Laufey for Thor's actions, Laufey doesn't take the apology and begins to attack Odin with the Frost giants attacking too, but Odin swings his spear to the ground/ice and creates a shockwave knocking all Frost giants to the ground and the ones that remain standing run.
Odin opens Bifrost and brings everyone home.

Ok, so basically Odin uses his staff to do his own version of Thor's hammer slam.

Yeah same Idea but it seemed to be with less effort on Odin's part.

Oh really, why do you say that?

Because soon after he simply Raises Gungnir and BiFrost opens right after.
Just reads like it takes less effort compared to Thor having to "LIGHT UP" Mjolnir to create a similar Shockwave.

The script definitely made it sound like Odin was still the "top dog" in Asgard. His power levels were still off the charts.

Yeah it does come across that way.

For those who read the script, does Elba get many lines? Although I know he's not a major character, all we've seen him do in the trailers is making growling animal faces.

he does have lines in the scenes he's in. First time you seen him Thor and the warriors three in in the main castle are talking about Heimdall being able to hear a bug fart on the other side of the planet. They enter Heimdall's observatory and he's giving them a dirty look lol

Pretty funny scene. lol

Last edited:
It does sound like a funny scene. I don't recall Heimdall saying a whole lot, but the group acts like "Oh ***, he really does hear/see all".

Cool, so does Odin have any other displays of power in the script?

Not really all that much after that. Odin gets everyone home they argue and Thor gets banished then he's pretty much drained until the end of the movie.

Does he do anything powerful at the end of the movie?

Oh alright, I guess we'll see him in action in the flashback scene of him "adopting" Loki.

I'm pretty sure when Odin busts out of the Bifrost on Sleipnir i'm gonna have to head to the bathroom and discipline my primate.

Thats some EPIC S**T

^^^ HAHA :lmao:

I just can't wait to see how Slepnir looks in the film, I want to see how fantastical they're going to get.

I'm wondering how much we'll see in the flashback. It might be quick, but Odin might lay the slapdown on a bunch of frost giants during that sequence.

Yeah it doesn't have to be long, but I do want Odin to kick some Frost Giant ass.

I'm pretty sure when Odin busts out of the Bifrost on Sleipnir i'm gonna have to head to the bathroom and discipline my primate.

Thats some EPIC S**T
lol WC you sick puppy, you're gonna get furry hands like the Trolls if you're not Careful.

Yeah it doesn't have to be long, but I do want Odin to kick some Frost Giant ass.
Yeah but that MIGHT be why it might be cut. The Cgi for a horse even with motion capture and all that's involved by giving it eight legs might be alittle too much I mean they had alot with where ever those 300+ Frost Giant extras are in the film. Having Odin Simply Stride onto Jotunheim in an Odinly fasion out of Bifrost would make ME happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"